The official "I wish you a merry christmas" topic.

Started by Gevth, December 21, 2007, 10:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
... since it's just a few days away.

Happy holidays for everyone who's not christian too. I wish you all have a wonderful time.

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year 2008! Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays, and all that whatnot. Good luck for the new year! :laola:

Christmas is a national holiday.  You're supposed to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, UNLESS they are Christian.  If they're Christian you have to be like "have a God-filled Christmas" or some sort of stuff.  Just plain not fair that EVERYONE gets Christmas, but Christians don't get some superfluous (I say that in the least-offensive way) holiday.  Not fair dammit!

I've never heard of that.  I'm Christian and I always say Merry Christmas.  But then again, (I'm not sure where this started) Santa no longer says "Ho Ho Ho" because apparently that's offensive to women.  Right, like Santa's calling you a hoe.  My wife made a good point in that if the woman is offended by that, she probably has good reason to be.  Either that or it's just something for people to complain about.  That really bothers me that people try to destroy the wholesome things like that.

But I digress.  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, etc.  Hope you all enjoy it!

The irony?  Santa Clause can't say ho ho ho, but Kwanza Clause says it every other word. 

Anyway, in America, Christmas was declared a non-religious holiday by Ulysses Grant back in 186X.  Thing is, Jews, for example get Hannukah (or however it's spelled), but then they get the day off from Christmas.  Double the rewards.  But me, as a CHristian, gets the day off for Christmas, but nothing else.

Yeah, not necesarily.

Christians still can have fun, and open presents and stuff. Although most churches have special services on Christmas Eve.

Quote from: blade 554 on December 22, 2007, 03:34PM
The irony?  Santa Clause can't say ho ho ho, but Kwanza Clause says it every other word. 

You do know that Kwanza Clause is a fictional character, don't you?

December 22, 2007, 07:12PM #8 Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:15PM by Teancum
Quote from: blade 554 on December 22, 2007, 03:34PM

Anyway, in America, Christmas was declared a non-religious holiday by Ulysses Grant back in 186X.  Thing is, Jews, for example get Hannukah (or however it's spelled), but then they get the day off from Christmas.  Double the rewards.  But me, as a Christian, gets the day off for Christmas, but nothing else.

Not really, Jews use their personal days to get Hannakuh off.  I've never worked anywhere that gives them all those days off as holidays.  So they're not getting any extra, they're actually losing personal days they could use throughout the year.

Now as far as doubling the rewards, I'd rather choose to celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday as well as a secular one than change religions for "double the rewards."  I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just saying I'm extremely happy and satisfied to celebrate the birth of Christ, and don't feel like I got the raw deal at all.

Weeeellll, I'm seriously not a person to pass any judgment regarding the Christmas matter (firstly being a Muslim and secondly coming from a country where Christmas isn't that much focused on), but I'd just like to say that I think it's the spirit that counts.

Do we let unreasonably short holidays get in the way of us celebrating our festive seasons the way we are supposed to? I don't think so. In Bangladesh (where I come from) we get only 3 days for Christmas holidays while about 7-10 days for Eid (An Islamic festival). Yet my Christian friends make the most of the time they are given.

Again, my cousins, who live in Germany, do not even get a single day off for Eid, yet they STILL manage to have a blast on Eid day and the days that follow. So the point that I'm trying to make is that instead of fussing over how unfairly the holiday is being treated, let's just accept it in each of our own ways and make the most of it!

btw, Merry Christmas, Eid Mubarak and Happy New Year!!!!!

I'll wish a Very Merry Christmas once more on the actual date!

Merry Christmas! :santa2:

Ho Ho Ho!

Merry Christmas to all I've been here a little over a year and have had lots of fun so thanks to all.

...cvc...
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!