Hey, guys? I love the mod, but I also like the Blade and Ghost Rider characters. Is it possible to change which characters get overwritten, and if so, how? Thanks in advance.
Yes it's possible, but it's already covered in other threads, so forgive me if I skimp on the details a bit. I'll assume you want to replace the Thing in this example.
1. Figure out who you want to replace, and their number, ie 05 is the Thing.
2. make backups of the meshes/skins ie 0501.igb to 0504.igb in Actors. You will also need to backup and replace all the other thing related files in Actors.
3. Backup the thing's talents file, and ps_thing in data/talents and data/powerstyles
4. Backup the things icons in textures/ui
5. Backup the things hud_head files in /Huds
6. Decompile and Edit the herostat file to replace the thing with your chosen character, based on the changes I've made.save and REcompile it.
7. Now copy across and rename the new files from the mod to replace all the Things files above.
8. Wonder why it doesnt work.
9. Realize its all very complex. Go back and make sure all the numbers match up in all the files.
10. Post here about how you can't get it to work.
11. receive terse reply from "tired and emotional" tommyboy suggesting that you read lots of other threads. Try this but make no headway.
12. Post request for someone to do it for you.
Steps 8-12 are optional,(and a little tongue in cheek) depending on how you get on with steps 1-7 .
I offer no guarantees this will work.
It took me weeks to make the mod, and I havent tried switching characters around in this way, but the above should help you get started, and in theory it should be do-able, and work.