Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quick update:

Playing through on the "Hard" setting with Tommyboy's Avengers Mod installed -- my team consists of Iron Man (using the Heroes Return armor supplied by Noelemahc in place of the Ultimate armor), the Scarlet Witch (Force Works costume), the Vision (default costume), and Captain America (classic costume).  Things are going well so far, but the game crashed while going up against Fin Fang Foom.  I was able to re-start from the last save point, but I haven't re-tried the Fin Fang Foom boss battle yet.  The level seemed to work fine and I got in one hit on the dragon with the big gun, then everything slowed down while I was running around gathering up coins, waiting for him to return.  I had been doing a video capture earlier in the evening and I hadn't rebooted, so there's a chance that Windows might have not properly released all the system resources that had been in use.

I played through the Winter Soldier and Radioactive Man level, then went back to the Shield Access Point to re-save -- that way, when I DO try the Fin Fang Foom boss battle, I won't have to go through everything on that level if it crashes again.

More later.

4-e-a, I've played up to and past FFFoom several times with my Mod with no problems at all, so I'd venture that your glitch was a one off, unless its a "only happens with a particular team" thing.

Yeah, I strongly suspect that this was a one-time-only sort of event -- the way the game slowed down seemed to indicate a system/performance problem, rather than a game fault.

Looking forward to kicking some dragon @$$ tonight!

;)

February 06, 2007, 06:04PM #94 Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 06:11PM by The Four-Eyed Avenger
Interesting development -- I killed FFFoom and was working on the remainders, and the game has gone into a "slo-mo" mode again.  I was using Iron Man when it happened (again), and I can still move all characters EXCEPT Iron Man -- I can rotate him, but otherwise he seems frozen in place (and all the other characters ARE in slo-mo).  It's been this way for about 10 minutes now, and I can't leave the level because Iron Man is too far forward to allow me to take one of the other characters to the "leave the bridge" transition point. 

Seems like what is happening might be similar the Silver Surfer's "Slow Time" power -- is something potentially mixed-up in Shellhead's powersets, perhaps?  Also, the hud has disappeared, but I can still select different characters using my gamepad.

???

The game hasn't crashed (yet), BTW -- I just ALT-TABBED out to the desktop to see if I could find any info on this "slow time" thing. 

Curious.

UPDATE:

After ALT-TABBING in and out two or three times, everything is now working fine once again.  All is happy.

:)

I haven't altered Iron Man's powerset at all, just added two new meshes/skins, which shouldnt change anything.
Vision and Quicksilver both have time slowing powers, but they don't generally have that effect, and are usually unlocked later in the game.

Does the hud disappear when the time slowing powers are activated?  I'm wondering if perhaps I inadvertantly triggered this with the Vision (although he's not leveled-up that far yet, I'm sure, and I'm also pretty sure I was controlling Iron Man when it happened).

Odd, but not fatal and not a show-stopper.  The game goes on, thankfully!

;)

Do it Ben -- you'll love it!  GREAT addition to the game!  I finished the story with the "stock" characters, then installed Tommyboy's Avengers mod and re-started all over again.  GREAT stuff!

:)

Alrighty, Avengers mod V.2.0 is now ready for release.
Added:
Wonderman (replaces silver surfer, 4 costumes, mannequin, colossus based powerset, new icons and Huds)
The Wasp (replaces Storm, 4 costumes, mannequin, new Storm based powerset, new icons and Huds)
Tigra/Cat/Hellcat (replaces Wolverine,mannequin, wolverine powerset, new Huds)
Hulk (replaces Colossus, 4 costumes, mannequin, colossus powerset, new icons and Huds)
Quicksilver as before remade two costumes, one new one.
Beast as before, one new costume
Vision fixed solar beam power
Added team back file.

As before read the readme for details.
As before BACKUP THE FILES THAT WILL BE REPLACED, or you will need to reinstall the game.
I hope you enjoy playing it.

THANKS Tommyboy!  Time to install V2.0 and re-start my campaign, I guess!

FWIW, I experienced the "time slowdown" thing again last night -- TWICE, in fact -- and in both cases it went away on its own after about 5 - 10 minutes.  The second time it occured while I was controlling the Vision, and I *think* (I'm 99% sure) that I had initiated the Vision's "extreme power" . . . and since I have the characters leveled-up (via a cheat), I think I was actually seeing the in-game "slow time" effect.  Given that, and given the amount of time it takes to return to "normal time" (I think it stays in "slow time" mode for 5 - 10 minutes, but I'll try to actually time it next time I see it to make sure), you might want to look into seeing if this effective time interval could be shortened for improved playability.

What remains now is to get the Vision powered-up sufficiently enough to INTENTIONALLY lauch an "extreme power" in order to verify that this time slow-down really IS his "slow time" power effect.

More later!

Reproduced the "slow-time" bug again -- this time while controlling the Scarlet Witch (who is fully leveled-up).  Actually, all FOUR of my charaters were powered-up, so when I fired off the "extra" they all SHOULD have "fired," but everything went into the "slow-time" mode.  This lasted for about 12 - 15 minutes (forgot to check timer when it released, but the last time I checked was at the 12 minute mark).  AFTER the slow-time ended and I returned to normal play, THEN Iron Man,the Vision, and Cap (my other 3 team members) fired off their "extras," so it looks like it IS the Scarlet Witch that is causing this.

Weird.

Any way to set the timer shorter on the Witch's "slow-time" extra?

The idea would be to erase the entire problem :P Its XML2 xtremes, man. (Wanda was a playable in XML2) I know darkmythology posted some kind of fix, but I personally can't seem to understand/fix it.

Yes, there was a fix for Extremes posted elsewhere.
I've been too busy with other things to patch up wanda's, but I don't see why it wouldn't fix hers too.
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=178.0
Thats the thread with the fix.
If you can handle decompiling the powerstyle and editing and recompiling it, you can fix it yourself.
Eventually I may get to it, but am giving top priority to the business of finally getting MORE than 27 selectable characters into the game, and don't want to be distracted.