Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 22, 2007, 06:17AM Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:13AM by thetommyboy2002
Hi,
I'm working on an Avengers Mod that will replace various characters with Avengers.
Giant Man replaces Luke Cage (I've just added the Colossus grab so he can weild his tiny enemies like weapons)
Quicksilver replaces Blade (adjusting passive boosts,added evade passive, added thors God Speed power boost, other powers will be added/swapped in as I work them out)
Scarlet Witch replaces Ghost Rider (using the XML2 Scarlet witch powerset and possibly the models from XML2)
Vision replaces Warbird (added Intangible boost script, Max Density Boost script, Solar beam power)

Along with the adjusted Herostat, talents, powerstyles, there will be new Meshes and skins, Huds, and when I figure them out, icon sets.

When I have these four ready to go, I'll bundle them all into a package and upload it somewhere.
Progress to date:
Giant Man 95% (needs Icons)
Quicksilver 25% (needs meshes, powers/talents, icons, huds)
Scarlet Witch 60-80% (needs a couple more meshes, powers need tweaking, icons need improving, passives on costumes need adding)
Vision 80% (needs two more meshes, icons,  powers need tweaking)

When they are done, I'll look at adding some more Avengers (Wasp, Hercules, Wonderman, Swordsman, Mantis or whoever will fit or is feasable).

EDIT:
For those not wanting to read everything in this thread, the Mod can be found here:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/MUA%20Stuff.html

May I suggest adding Beast to that 'is tangible' list? After all, he already has an XML2 powerset (albeit a boss one) as well as animations. :-X

Yay for Beast! His costumes could be:

1. Ultimate (as in XML2)
2. Astonishing (is afaik also in XML2)
3. Uncanny
4. Classic

Ackshully, it is classic (before-blue) that is in XML2, not Astonishing. Although one can always tweak the SpaceSuit one to fit the bill.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yes, beast is going to be one of them, if I can.
Suggestions for powersets, who to replace, what existing powers or passives would suit what characters are all welcome (though of course I may not act on them..).

Heh, just gave Quicksilver Mr Fantastics "Pinball" power (obviously without the curling into a ball part), and it works a treat! Though I say so myself (a lot), I'm a genius, sometimes.
This is shaping up quite nicely....

So, now he speeds from target to target, does damage, but does NOT look like Putty-man at the same time? Wowza.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

January 22, 2007, 09:11AM #7 Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 09:24AM by thetommyboy2002
Quote from: Noelemahc on January 22, 2007, 09:08AM
So, now he speeds from target to target, does damage, but does NOT look like Putty-man at the same time? Wowza.

Yes, and he gets that cool blue speed trail after him too.
Which I may add to his normal run moves, to give that "he's really going fast feel".

I hope you somehow removed the annyoing *ding* sound the power makes when you hit someone.

You, sir, are a god among men :D
Am patiently waiting to see this in action :)

Crimson Dynamo says:

January 22, 2007, 05:00PM #11 Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:09PM by rainy_de_lunche
sweet vision

i dont know if u already came up with this but could one of quiksilvers buffs be a speed boost?

thats what thor's god speed is rainy :)

Tommyboy this sounds un-frickin-believeable. looks like i'm going to have to load the game o9n my puter twice and see if it works as two different games i can load up!

other suggestions...  Namor (maybe with a cross between thor's and colossus' powerset), Wonderman (captain marvel's powerset?), Black Knight (swordsman skin),  maybe She-Hulk too?   

Quicksilver's powerset is actually pretty boost/buff heavy.
So far we have:
Glaive strike(blade)-this will go. Not sure what to replace it with-------projectile
Pinball (Mr fantastic),speedily zip about bumping into enemies till your energy runs out.-------special
Circle of death(blade) a spin area attack, sans katana.-------area melee
Hurricane Winds(thor) he spins to create a mini tornado that tosses foes about-----projectile?
Mutant Speed Boost (thor)increase speed of all standard attacks------------Boost
Blood of the warrior(blade)will probably go, unsure as to a replacement-----Boost
Speed Force(warbird) boosts speed of Pietro and his allies-----------------Boost
Blood haze (blade) extreme that will probably get replaced, though by what I dunno.-----extreme

Additionally I've heavily edited the costume passives for him, adding speed up boosts, evade etc.
And I've gotten rid of the shotgun heavy-attack, replacing it with luke cage's heavy-attack (Pietro uses lady deathstrike for his running etc, and Cages 4_combat animations.).
I also got rid of the grab-blood suck, replacing it with a truncated version of Cages floor slam grab-heavy-finisher.

So far I'm getting some really weird results. A few times he REALLY sped up after using some boosts, if I can get that to happen consistantly it'd be cool, but I think that maybe the whole game sped up, not just him. I was having too much fun running the length of the helicarrier in about ten seconds to pay too much attention.

Aaanyway, heres some pics of some of the costumes (I'll make some new ones for Wanda--I want A cape danmit!)and pietros powerset (with blades icons, I've really got to figure out how to make those suckers):

Y'know, I converted that third Wanda. You no longer need to have a blue one!

Also, do Pietro's animations react well to the move mixing?