Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BliZZ on January 22, 2007, 07:26PM
Y'know, I converted that third Wanda. You no longer need to have a blue one!

Also, do Pietro's animations react well to the move mixing?

Yeah, I know, the blue wanda is just a placeholder. I still have Western Ghost Rider as skin 4.
As for Pietro, yes it all works well. The Pinball is the one oddity, he just slides round in one position, without changing pose. I guess its because mr.Fantastic wasnt animated as a ball. I tried 6 or 7 animation sets and settled on Cages as its a fairly "neutral" one, and the slidey-pinball pose is acceptable. Lots of other animation sets had a weird pose in Pinball mode, or would have other moves that didn't fit the character.
It seems that as long as you match the talent and /data/powerstyle files, it doesnt mind too much what the animation set is. But I had to lose Blades, too many Gun/Sword/Bite moves for Pietro.

who all will be replaced? or can we choose who to ditch? sry...i just ralized this is at the beining of the thread. DUH!

Quote from: rainy_de_lunche on January 22, 2007, 07:39PM
who all will be replaced? or can we choose who to ditch?
Please read the first post in this thread.

souns like your making great progress!  what about using wolverines extreme power... it seems as though  he runs around the room really fast

Sounds interesting.
Thanks,I'll look into it.

is there anyway someone can get ghostriders outfit boost that can reserect allies?

Quote from: rainy_de_lunche on January 23, 2007, 10:48PM
is there anyway someone can get ghostriders outfit boost that can reserect allies?

Yes, I'm leaving that in for one of Scarlet Witch's costume boosts. Haven't seen it work yet though.

Well, it's easy enough to test, right? Pump it up to the middle of the bar, and let the other three chars buy the farm, then await results. Just camp out near an extraction point to get fresh meat out of the freezer if the first three attempts fail...

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on January 24, 2007, 06:02AM
Well, it's easy enough to test, right? Pump it up to the middle of the bar, and let the other three chars buy the farm, then await results. Just camp out near an extraction point to get fresh meat out of the freezer if the first three attempts fail...
Yes, unfortunately, the costume that has the boost is the one that has decided it wont have any working powers for...so first I must fix that...

Progress update.
Got Icons working for all four.
Got Pietros powers 90% done.
Need to sort out Scarlet Witch, the XML2>MUA powers thing is confusalizing me. But I have made two rather nice meshes for her (original evil mutant, classic avengers) with capes.
I need to decide on an FX to go with Visions Maximum Density power (a time limited invulnerable power)

Use another character as a base, and the conversion is smoother. I got Bishop's energy moves/boosts working well by using Deadpool as a base. FAR easier than trying to edit the Witch's ps/talent by itself. Its the guns/xtreme that are giving me a headache. :-X

For XTREMES, I've found the best thing to do is replace then with a Team XTreme from MUA. Of all the powers, those are the only ones that do NOT translate well into this game, since they seem to be set up so differently somewhere in the system. Often the same effects can be achieved by rewriting the effects of the MUA power.

Progress Update:
Vision= 99% done.Replaces Warbird.  4 skins (3 new meshes), Powerset heavily altered Warbirds, new Icons, new Hud
Quicksilver= 99% done.Replaces Blade.  4 skins (2 new meshes so far, may make 2 more), powerset heavily altered blade(basically a new powerset). New Icons, new Hud
Giant Man= 99% done. Replaces Luke Cage. 6 skins (6 new meshes), powerset altered lukecage. New icons, new huds.
Scarlet Witch= 70% done. Replaces Ghostrider. 4 skins (2 new meshes 2 more to make), powerset XML2 scarlet witch, new icons, new hud
Beast= 90% done. Replaces Elektra. 4 skins (2 new meshes 2 to make), powerset altered black panther
with some of XML2 beast, new icons, new Huds

I'm still having trouble getting my head around converting the Scarlet Witch to MUA. Her powers work, but the upgrading of them is all messed up, and some of the levels and costs seem wrong.
I'm hoping to be able to have a Mod with all 5 ready in a week or so. That's not guaranteed, just hoped for.         

the suspens is killing me, *bites nails* could i make it so quicksilver replaces someone besides blade in mine? recently ive tried him out and i find hes not as bad as ppl say he is, if not its cool to cuz im lloking forward to quiksilver, thnk u.