Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on January 28, 2007, 12:46PM
Quote from: rainy_de_lunche on January 28, 2007, 12:35PM
i have all the hawkeye stuff in the actors folder and what not but he isnt there, only cap marvel, do u kno y this may be? Also all DC skins except green lantern crash the game, u probly kno just makin sure.
He's number 20301.igb etc, in slot 38, so his mannequin may not show up for you. Have you scrolled all the way around the character selection screen? If others have this problem I may update the Mod to include Hawkeye.
And the Mod doesnt have the DC meshes included(its an Avengers Mod, not a JLA one), so it will crash if they are selected. My tip? Don't select them. Or put other meshes in their place.
i know i have all of hawkeyes "stuff" and ive tried to scroll through al characters, im stumped. although i must say everything else works great

Quote from: Dreaded Porcupine on January 28, 2007, 09:10PM
Awesome mod Tom. I got it working first try. You made it pretty easy to install for us uncomputer programmer types. Now if I can get the hang of this damn mouse and my directional control I'll be on my way. Yes a computer joystick is in the works. I'm assuming Ironman_Gold is locked and I have to do some work to get him next to the other originals? He's already my favorite and I haven't seen him yet except in your screenshots. I'm holding back on obtaining cheat codes for now. I usually wait for total frustration to set in before I give in. Anyways great job as always. Looking forward to your next mod(s). The original Avengers and the Mighty Tommyboy rock. 

Thanks, Dreaded.
I have a cheat on that permanently gives me all costumes right from the start, obviously so I can see my meshes without having to play for three days. So I'm not sure how you unlock the 5th and 6th skins, and IMGold is the 5th.

January 29, 2007, 03:37AM #47 Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:58AM by thetommyboy2002
Rainy, it looks like I'll have to update the package to include Hawkeyes files, as he's working for me.
You could try editing Hawkeye in herostat.engb to use slot 98 rather than 38. A hex editor could do this
Also, do you have the PSP "team_back" files installed?
Because I think you may need those too.

This looks like the coolest mod I've ever seen -- I'm gonna have to send you a big ol' hetero man-hug, thetommyboy2002!

:)

Who can donwload me only QuickSilver???

There will be an update to the Mod at some point in the next week or two, featuring some more meshes and skins (I've remade the first two quicksilvers and added a new third one, and I hope to add new Beast and Scarlet Witch meshes and skins).
I'll also try adding the Hawkeye files I'm using, along with the mlm_team_back etc.
Another adjustment will be to stop the AI commiting suicide by using Vision's dematerialize power. Now only humans can use it, so you'll be down to a team of three slightly less often.

Next I need to decide what other Avengers should get included, and who else gets dropped (current likely dropouts are Storm, Wolverine, Deadpool, Fury, Spiderwoman, Silver Surfer), for a putative Avengers Mod Part Two.
Suggestions Welcome.
Who I'm Thinking of including (but haven't finalized any decisions about);
Quasar, Black Knight, Swordsman, Wasp, Crystal, Mantis, Tigra/Hellcat, Moondragon, Wonderman.

January 29, 2007, 11:26AM #51 Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 11:30AM by cvc
Hey Tommyboy that sounds great and I would drop those char too, Tigra oh yeah :)Ibet she would be hard to make mesh/skin,but I've seen a whole lot of your work and your really really good.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

If you're looking for suggested additions, I'd love to see:

Wonder Man
Yellowjacket
Wasp
Ant-Man
Hercules

If you add-in Hercules, that would also open the door for a "Champions" team award (Hercules, Black Widow, Iceman, Ghost Rider)

I'd also REALLY like to see someone add in my all-time favorite Avengers villain, Count Nefaria (perhaps in place of the Scorpion in the Helicarrier missions, or in place of the Crimson Dynamo -- make it a REALLY tough boss battle!).

4EA, I included a Hercules and Wonderman skins as alternates (3rd and 4th) for the Hulk (Colossus)to act as placeholders, but I'd quite like one or both as "full" characters with their own distinctive icons, huds, powersets etc.
Wasp and Ant Man and Yellowjacket will need some work to get a powerset together, but I do like a challenge. The likeliehood is that Ant Man/Yellowjacket will end up as one character as they are quite similar (apart from YJs disruptor blasts/gun) and ARE the same guy.

Hey, guys? I love the mod, but I also like the Blade and Ghost Rider characters. Is it possible to change which characters get overwritten, and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

Quote from: Omega on January 31, 2007, 07:21PM
Hey, guys? I love the mod, but I also like the Blade and Ghost Rider characters. Is it possible to change which characters get overwritten, and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

Yes it's possible, but it's already covered in other threads, so forgive me if I skimp on the details a bit. I'll assume you want to replace the Thing in this example.
1. Figure out who you want to replace, and their number, ie 05 is the Thing.
2. make backups of the meshes/skins ie 0501.igb to 0504.igb in Actors. You will also need to backup and replace all the other thing related files in Actors.
3. Backup the thing's talents file, and ps_thing in data/talents and data/powerstyles
4. Backup the things icons in textures/ui
5. Backup the things hud_head files in /Huds
6. Decompile and Edit the herostat file to replace the thing with your chosen character, based on the changes I've made.save and REcompile it.
7. Now copy across and rename the new files from the mod to replace all the Things files above.
8. Wonder why it doesnt work.
9. Realize its all very complex. Go back and make sure all the numbers match up in all the files.
10. Post here about how you can't get it to work.
11. receive terse reply from "tired and emotional" tommyboy suggesting that you read lots of other threads. Try this but make no headway.
12. Post request for someone to do it for you.

Steps 8-12 are optional,(and a little tongue in cheek) depending on how you get on with steps 1-7 .
I offer no guarantees this will work.
It took me weeks to make the mod, and I havent tried switching characters around in this way, but the above should help you get started, and in theory it should be do-able, and work.

The above should be a sticky so it will be easy for everyone to find.
I'm back, in the pages of Doomwars. Doctor Doom knows talent when he sees it.

Well, I got the mod up, but I think I might have screwed up: Whatever button I assign the Vision's Solar Beam to, it's like it doesn't exist! The button is registered as being blank. When I try to use it, nothing happens, and if I try to hot-swap for it, the power isn't listed.

Has this been encountered before?

Quote from: Omega on January 31, 2007, 10:41PM
Well, I got the mod up, but I think I might have screwed up: Whatever button I assign the Vision's Solar Beam to, it's like it doesn't exist! The button is registered as being blank. When I try to use it, nothing happens, and if I try to hot-swap for it, the power isn't listed.

Has this been encountered before?
Yes, someone else has mentioned it, I'll look into it, but since it works for me, there may not be much I can do about it.