Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on February 01, 2007, 03:55AM
Quote from: Omega on January 31, 2007, 10:41PM
Well, I got the mod up, but I think I might have screwed up: Whatever button I assign the Vision's Solar Beam to, it's like it doesn't exist! The button is registered as being blank. When I try to use it, nothing happens, and if I try to hot-swap for it, the power isn't listed.

Has this been encountered before?
Yes, someone else has mentioned it, I'll look into it, but since it works for me, there may not be much I can do about it.

OK, I have located and fixed the problem with Visions beam, and uploaded a patch.
Just copy this into data/powerstyles, overwriting the old ps_warbird.engb and it should now work when the game is restarted.
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=6df6ffcfac515ef787ca4776bcb962ed

Awsome mod keep up the good work!!!

Thanks.
I'm just adding Wonderman (4 skins, custom Colossus based powerset, Hud and icons, replaces Silver Surfer), Tigra/Hellcat (replacing Wolverine, only 1 skin so far, but I'm making more), when they and at least one other character is done, I'll release a jumbo update with these and some other new skins added.

Looking forward to more Avengers Tom. Hope Yellow Jacket is one of them. It's only fitting that the Avengers battle the Masters of Evil.
I'm back, in the pages of Doomwars. Doctor Doom knows talent when he sees it.

Progress report:
Wonderman= replaces silver surfer, 4 new mesh/skins, colossus powerset/animations +flight, new icons, hud. 100% complete.

Wasp= replaces Storm, 4 new meshes/skins, heavily altered Storm/Spiderwoman powerset/animations, resized her to 25% of normal size, new icons, new huds. 80% complete, I need to tweak the powerset as some powers dont suit her.

Tigra (Cat, Hellcat)= replaces Wolverine, 4 new meshes/skins(2 done, 2 to go), wolverine based powerset/animations (though I may go with Black Panther ones), new icons(not done yet as old ones will sort of do), new hud(1 done 3 to go). 60% completed

Hulk= replaces Colossus, 2 meshes as before, (thinking of adding 2 more), Colossus powerset/animations, added Wolverines rage-o-meter, renamed powers, new Icons, new Huds. 90% completed.

!!!WOW!!! I mean !!!WOW!!!
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

I just finished the single-player game on the "normal" difficulty setting (did pretty good with the various objectives, too! ), so now I have one question -- I know my saved games will not work when I install this mod, but will I still be able to play through the game in single-player mode from the beginning if I install thetommyboy's mod?  For example, if Wonderman replaces the Silver Surfer, will the cutscenes with the Silver Surfer still work, and will the Surfer still appear to "distract" Galactus . . . or will I see Wonder Man flying around to distract him (interesting twist, if it does work that way) . . . or -- the worst-case scenario -- will the single-player campaign mode not work at all (Galactus/Surfer scene crashes, others crash, much sadness abounds)?

Related question -- will the individual comic book missions still work?  For example, will the Warbird mission disk still work (don't care if I appear as the Vision against the Super-Skrull, but I'd still like to be able to play the mission)?

Please advise -- I'm itching to install this mod, but I'm too much of a MUA noob to know.  Hard to believe I'm asking such noobish questions, given all the modding I did on Freedom Force back in the day!

???

;)

i also just finished the game in normal. i installed the mod after this and started a game in hard mode. if i had said i wanted to use stats from previous game would that work?

As far as I know, the "use stats from previous game" option will work OK with this mod.
At least it does for me, though not with all my saves. I'm not sure why. But at least one works, so in theory the answer is yes.
As for the Surfer, I THINK, that there are two versions, the playable, to be replaced by Wonderman one, and the NPC that appears within the game. But honestly, I dont know as I havent played that level since I modded him in.

tommyboy - any screen shots of any of the new characters to wet our appetite a bit?

Thanks!

Quoteif i had said i wanted to use stats from previous game would that work?
Probably no. You'd get dumped unceremoniously back into the main menu.
QuoteFor example, will the Warbird mission disk still work (don't care if I appear as the Vision against the Super-Skrull, but I'd still like to be able to play the mission)?
Probably yes, as they don't give a rat's anything about the character personally.
QuoteFor example, if Wonderman replaces the Silver Surfer, will the cutscenes with the Silver Surfer still work, and will the Surfer still appear to "distract" Galactus . . . or will I see Wonder Man flying around to distract him (interesting twist, if it does work that way) . . . or -- the worst-case scenario -- will the single-player campaign mode not work at all (Galactus/Surfer scene crashes, others crash, much sadness abounds)?
You can be the first to test it. I know for a fact that removing Fury simply makes him absent from the game's scenes; and editing him makes all the changes apparent immediately (f.e. the Punisher portrait in Fury's briefings), the same applies for Black Widow. Though I can't, for the life of me, imagine what fate will befall Norrin Radd and his silvery means of transportation.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

And, if you see Wonderman flying around pegging Galactus, feel free to put it in the screenshot thread. ;)

Quote from: aerophex on February 04, 2007, 12:42PM
tommyboy - any screen shots of any of the new characters to wet our appetite a bit?

Thanks!
Yes.

I'm glad you included the one in the top right, it is sort of the definitive Wonder Man in my eyes and I was worried you wouldn't. :P

Have you thought about looking at Torch's files, figuring out the fire thing, and making WM change into a trans-purple version when applicable? It's just an idea that popped into my head.