Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This Mod is a dream come true!

... give that man TommyBoy anything he wants! he's earned the keys to the castle in my book...

The Gold IronMan looks incredible, can't wait to try this out.

My suggestion / request would be...

Can anything be done about that horrible version of Ultron that they used?
Having these Avengers taking on a REAL, classic version of Ultron, now that would be cool!

I also posted in another thread here, about the possibility of getting the 'Heroes Reborn'
armour added to the list of Iron Man suits... waiting to hear whether it was converted from
XML2 already. The suit makes an appearance as an unlockable character in that game as well
as appearing in MUA's Stark Tower (though that version is apparently not usable). If it is done,
it would certainly make a welcome addition to the AvengersMod pack, no? Looking forward...

Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on January 29, 2007, 03:36AM
Quote from: Dreaded Porcupine on January 28, 2007, 09:10PM
Awesome mod Tom. I got it working first try. You made it pretty easy to install for us uncomputer programmer types. Now if I can get the hang of this damn mouse and my directional control I'll be on my way. Yes a computer joystick is in the works. I'm assuming Ironman_Gold is locked and I have to do some work to get him next to the other originals? He's already my favorite and I haven't seen him yet except in your screenshots. I'm holding back on obtaining cheat codes for now. I usually wait for total frustration to set in before I give in. Anyways great job as always. Looking forward to your next mod(s). The original Avengers and the Mighty Tommyboy rock. 

Thanks, Dreaded.
I have a cheat on that permanently gives me all costumes right from the start, obviously so I can see my meshes without having to play for three days. So I'm not sure how you unlock the 5th and 6th skins, and IMGold is the 5th.

Tommyboy -- could you also post the cheat that unlocks all the skins from the start?  I've downloaded a charinfo.xmlb file that someone else put together that is supposed to be an "unlock all" cheat, but it doesn't seem to work with your mod, and I'd LOVE to have access to all the skins, including the Iron Man gold skin.

Things are working well with the mod so far - the Vision ROCKS!  I think he might be a heavier hitter than Thor and Iron Man, which makes him GREAT fun to play!

:)

February 05, 2007, 12:21AM #77 Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 12:29AM by The Four-Eyed Avenger
Okay, quick update -- I located a settings.dat file that unlocks everything just fine, but I see a few problems now that everything is accessible.  Details follow:

• All three of the B***** skins for Moon Knight cause me to crash to desktop when I try to view them (files missing?)
  • The S******* skin for Thor also causes me to crash to desktop (files missing?)
  • I was able to view the GL skin for the Vision just fine, and all other skins for the other characters seem to be viewable (haven't tried playing all the variations yet)
  • Some of the skins don't seem to allow for you to toggle between the "+" and "-" view to see the details (the Iron Man MKIII armor is one that manifests this behavior, IIRC)

Some constructive criticism:  I may try my hand at spiffing up your Iron Man MKIII skin a bit -- that's probably my favorite armor, but the Classic skin seems a bit more "polished" (better metallic sheen and highlights).  If I come up with any enhancements for this skin (or any others) that I like, I will pass them on to you.  This aside, though, I must say everything looks GREAT!  MANY thanks!  :)

He has had those said keys for awhile now (years) never notice any food missing? The wasp how cool!
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Quote from: The Four-Eyed Avenger on February 05, 2007, 12:21AM
Okay, quick update -- I located a settings.dat file that unlocks everything just fine, but I see a few problems now that everything is accessible.  Details follow:

• All three of the B***** skins for Moon Knight cause me to crash to desktop when I try to view them (files missing?)
  • The S******* skin for Thor also causes me to crash to desktop (files missing?)
  • I was able to view the GL skin for the Vision just fine, and all other skins for the other characters seem to be viewable (haven't tried playing all the variations yet)
  • Some of the skins don't seem to allow for you to toggle between the "+" and "-" view to see the details (the Iron Man MKIII armor is one that manifests this behavior, IIRC)

Some constructive criticism:  I may try my hand at spiffing up your Iron Man MKIII skin a bit -- that's probably my favorite armor, but the Classic skin seems a bit more "polished" (better metallic sheen and highlights).  If I come up with any enhancements for this skin (or any others) that I like, I will pass them on to you.  This aside, though, I must say everything looks GREAT!  MANY thanks!  :)

Selecting any characters that dont have the mesh/skin present (ie the DC ones) will cause a CTD.
As a rule only the first four skins have the viewable passives, figuring out how to view/enable skins 5 and 6 and beyond is one of the "todo" things someone needs to .....errr.... do.

As for glossiness/reflections. At the moment I cant get it to work with my meshes. At all. And I've tried, believe me. It shows up in 3dsMax, it shows up in the Alchemy character viewer tool, but wont show up in game. If anyone else can make it work, good on you, let me know.

Cool -- thanks for the response, Tommyboy.  Any idea where I can get the meshes/skins that are missing (i.e., the DC ones)?

My apologies on the graphics comments -- I didn't realize this was something that was being worked on.  Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall seeing some threads where this was discussed, but it didn't register at the time.  If I make any breakthroughs, I'll be sure to share whatever product and knowledge I come up with!

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on February 04, 2007, 12:16PM
As far as I know, the "use stats from previous game" option will work OK with this mod.

Just to share some first-hand experience from a different perspective -- the "use stats from previous game" option caused a crash-to-desktop for me.  I believe the reason for this is because I used Warbird throughout my first play-through (and Ghost Rider to some extent), and I had leveled her up significantly (and Ghost Rider to a lesser degree). . . and since she's (and Ghost Rider) no longer present in Tommyboy's Avengers Mod, my previous stats won't carry-over properly and are unusable. 

At least, I think this is what's going on.  The bottom line on this, I believe, is that "your mileage may vary" as far as the "use stats from previous game" option goes.

Four-Eyed Avenger,
I heartily concur on the subject of the "use stats from previous game". I have eight used save slots, three from the second half of the game. My two from the Doom level wont work, one from Atlantis will. And that one has characters levelled up to 99. I have no real idea why.
So I guess the answer is definitely YMMV, and try it and see.

As for the DC meshes, I'm not releasing them, at least not for now, in any public way. I just don't want to rock any boats I don't have to rock. And cross-company characters might do that. Theres nothing to stop you from copy/renaming other meshes to fill the "empty" slots in my herostat whilst I dither about the DC stuff.

(And as for the graphics stuff, I don't take it as a slight, I desperately want reflections, glow and bump-maps on my meshes, probably more than anyone else does, so I entirely understand people asking about it.)

the game crashes whenever i switch to scarletwitch...so sad...???

Quote from: ben0414 on February 05, 2007, 09:05AM
the game crashes whenever i switch to scarletwitch...so sad...???
Can you see her model on the selection screen? With the flaming head (that I really must get rid of one day)?
If so, what I'd suggest you try is to replace the file for her in the Actors directory (0601.igb) with the copy from ui\models\mannequin. Then try again. If that works then the first model for her must have corrupted somehow.

unlock all costumes- press up,down,up,down,left,right,left,right,up,down enter at the characters select screen or the main menu.

I'm back, in the pages of Doomwars. Doctor Doom knows talent when he sees it.

Oh, and the "new" Iron Man mesh/skin that Noelemahc kindly posted?
Yes it can be added.
But.
There is a 6 skin limit. So you will have to dump one of Iron Mans existing costumes to use it. Just pick the one you no longer want, rename it, and put the new one in its place.Bingo.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on February 05, 2007, 09:03AMAs for the DC meshes, I'm not releasing them, at least not for now, in any public way. I just don't want to rock any boats I don't have to rock. And cross-company characters might do that. Theres nothing to stop you from copy/renaming other meshes to fill the "empty" slots in my herostat whilst I dither about the DC stuff.

I applaud your use of discretion regarding this issue -- after the cease-and-desist rumblings that Marvel levied against the Freedom Force modding community, I'd hate to see something similar come to pass here. 

That said, perhaps at some point there might be an opportunity for some friendly, non-public file sharing amongst select individuals.

;)

i dont know if someone already mentioned this but visions solarbeam isnt working for me. the icon doesnt show up. instead it shows the button, and when i press it nothing happens

Quote from: rainy_de_lunche on February 05, 2007, 01:29PM
i dont know if someone already mentioned this but visions solarbeam isnt working for me. the icon doesnt show up. instead it shows the button, and when i press it nothing happens
Yes its been mentioned.
I posted a fix on the previous page of this very thread, in fact.
Which, since you posted on that page, I'm surprised you didn't see.