Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: wolverine_93 on September 08, 2007, 04:39PM
how do u make the mod have so many characters
(more than 27)
(npc>27mod )
Read the thread.

Is there an easy way to use (individual) characters from the pack by normal swapping in herostat?

In simulator.engb, there is a line (levelset) in each enemy's entry that says:

SPAWNER {
      aggressionlevel = 1 ;
      character = ultronstriker_a ;
      count = 1 ;
      damagereduction50 = true ;
      delaymax = 30 ;
      delaymin = 20 ;
      level = 0 ;
      levelset = true ;
      slot = 6 ;
      smart = false ;
      }

Although I don't know what it actually does, I suspect that's what keeps enemies up to your level in sim missions. I just don't know exactly how to test this. Well, actually I modified a couple of the npcstat characters to see if adding that line along with level=0 allowed for them to be the same level of your team when you "extract them", but alas, it would take me forever to get to Stark's Tower. Here's a pic of how MUA looks in my PC, after playing a little with 3d-Analyse.

After this, it gets crazier...

Anyways, I'm asking for some enlightning here: Is there any chance for this to work? Does levelset do what I think it does? Can anybody try this? And where do you set the level of the npcstat characters(*)?

Sorry if this has already been tried before.

(*) since they're supposed to be level 30, but in npcstat it said they were level 5 or something. Which makes me guess it's not there where I should try levelset = true.

real noob question here, so apologies in advance... i got the mod, and while it is quite awesome, i would rather keep certain characters and replace only the ones i don't like (for instance, i have both hulk and colossus anyways, so i don't want to replace colossus with another hulk), but anywho, i've been dying to get my hands on a hank pym, and when i got the mod, i did a search for the hank pym number (14202), but nothing came up, so im stuck atm...

again, sorry if i'm being stupid about this, i have read the whole thread, and havent seen an answer...

Quote from: pr1983 on February 20, 2008, 11:19AM
real noob question here, so apologies in advance... i got the mod, and while it is quite awesome, i would rather keep certain characters and replace only the ones i don't like (for instance, i have both hulk and colossus anyways, so i don't want to replace colossus with another hulk), but anywho, i've been dying to get my hands on a hank pym, and when i got the mod, i did a search for the hank pym number (14202), but nothing came up, so im stuck atm...

again, sorry if i'm being stupid about this, i have read the whole thread, and havent seen an answer...

No, you aren't being stupid, but unfortunately there is no simple easy answer.
If I recall correctly, I gave the Giant Man skins the number 15710, 15711 etc,(or maybe 15701 in earlier versions, where he was a luke cage replacement). So that should make the skins find-able.
If you only want a 'giant man mod', and not all the others in the Avengers Mod, you will have to manually find the files relating to him (the skins, powersets, huds, packages etc) and copy those into the appropriate directories then manually edit him into your herostat file. Which, for a beginner, or anyone else, is quite a chore.
Unfortunately with MUA there are few simple, easy, ways to add new characters, which is why Mods tend to come 'prepackaged', which is good for single characters, but in big Mods can be frustrating if you only wanted one character.
If you ask nicely, someone may extract just the giant man stuff from the Mod (its been done for other Avengers in the Mod).
I wont do it myself, because I'm a lazy, lazy, man. But there are other, kinder, people here who may.     

lol, i can sympathise, and i do appreciate the mod, it looks pretty damn good so far, its just that i've always preferred more x-men than avengers... :p i've manually added several characters, but yeah, i really get lost at times...

*wonders how nicely to ask to get that help*

Hey, I'm trying to make an update for the npc>27 mod. Just now I managed to add an extra npc in Stark Tower that has an extra conversation that doesn't overwrite anyone's original conversation (so you can still complete the game's side-quests). Only 2 problems so far: the npc I wanted to appear was not the same one that showed up for some reason, and after walking for some time around the HQ, the game randomly crash.

Anyways, just wanted to share that. Once I figure out what's wrong I'll ask for proper permission to update it.

ok, i tried my hand at extracting all the giant man files myself... i went into the herostat.engb, and found that giant man had repaced luke cage (just like you had said), so i extracted all the files that said were containing luke cage or 157 in the title, but i have no idea if its enough or not... i looked but for the life of me i couldnt find a checklist for each file... ive been going through other characters i'd downloaded, so maybe ill get lucky...

I can mail you a mostly working Giantman, Wasp and Tigra that don't overwrite other files. All of them have a non working manequin (shows the original hero - Luke Cage, Storm and Wolverine). Also Tigra has a bug in one power (the carge one) - but I kinda like her that way. Finally Tigra (and I expect the others as well) don't properly work in Murderworld as duplicates (you get Defaultmen instead of her).

Ok, this is kind of a "patch" (for the lack of a better word) for the NPC>27 mod. It will add 2 npcs (who'll look like defaultman, probably, I couldn't solve this issue) who you can talk to in order to trigger the swap conversations. That way you still have the option to talk to them regularly and complete certain missions, and you'll still be able to swap characters after completing the omega base mission.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/85c8cm
Instructions: Download, extract, and put them folders in the main MUA directory.

There are some other things I'd like to mention:
-It was made for my personal use, and I'm just sharing this because someone might find it useful.
-This is pretty rough. I haven't tested it thoroughly.
-It's the first step in what I hope will become a more polished mod, which will work with other mods (specifically speaking, the Official Characters mod, NR's new side missions and many, many, other character's mods). My big crazy plan is to have what I consider the ultimate MUA experience, which I'll explain when I get more work done.
-Thanks to tommyboy2002 (obviously) and Norrin Radd.

EDIT: Scratch all that, it doesn't work properly. Once the swap is executed, all scripts become locked, the character isn't instantly swapped, and once you get to the next mission you'll get your new character, but at level 1 and with no powers. So, that's it for the night.

Quote from: Sidewinder on February 23, 2008, 04:12AM
I can mail you a mostly working Giantman, Wasp and Tigra that don't overwrite other files. All of them have a non working manequin (shows the original hero - Luke Cage, Storm and Wolverine). Also Tigra has a bug in one power (the carge one) - but I kinda like her that way. Finally Tigra (and I expect the others as well) don't properly work in Murderworld as duplicates (you get Defaultmen instead of her).

ive had the murderworld problem already, and it didnt bother me... i'd really appreciate if you could mail me that, honestly, it'd be great...

genuine 'pologies for the double post

i actually found this thread, but as i say in the thread itself, i've run into problems not having the xml files (or even matching xmlb ones).

so near and yet so far... :(

QuoteI can mail you a mostly working Giantman, Wasp and Tigra that don't overwrite other files. All of them have a non working manequin (shows the original hero - Luke Cage, Storm and Wolverine). Also Tigra has a bug in one power (the carge one) - but I kinda like her that way. Finally Tigra (and I expect the others as well) don't properly work in Murderworld as duplicates (you get Defaultmen instead of her).

Could you please mail it to me, too? My adress is paulrittel@gmx.de. thx