Avengers Mod V2.0, 9/feb/07 NPC>27Mod Beta 19/feb/07

Started by thetommyboy2002, January 22, 2007, 06:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Downloaded it (the NPC mod), installed it, found some bugs. Most of the characters you select wont be swapped for your character and the skills will still remain the same as they were for the character that you just swapped out :/ .
Also discovered something else, most NPC names are just repeated, so you can never choose radioactive man for example (only the x-man are choosable, but most of them dont work).
And the hud heads dont appear for me.

I downloaded the mod from here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=399.0
Is that the most recent one, or is there a version with this all fixed?

You have the most recent one.
After Norrin Radd released his HeroSelect programme, the NPC>27 Mod became a bit redundant as HeroSelect allows you to choose between lots of characters, which was the point of the NPC>27 Mod. So I never 'polished it up' or fixed the bugs.
The Mod was only ever a Beta (ie an unfinished prototype), and proof-of-concept.
It also had some inherent flaws (like no levelling up of selected NPC characters) that neither I nor anyone else ever found a fix for.
As for 'Most of the characters you select wont be swapped for your character and the skills will still remain the same as they were for the character that you just swapped out', it works for me, and pretty much everyone else who installs and uses it properly.
True, some of the characters don't work (about 4 or 5 out of about 40, IIRC, and these are mentioned in the README for the Mod), and others were very quick ports of XML2 characters which have since been done much better by other people as single Mods. Still others are just not that good, as I put it all together very quickly.

It's unlikely that I will fix any bugs. (This does not mean that I have 'abandoned' it, and its now in the public domain. Just so you know).

i downloaded  this mod and installed it. great mod but there are some issues .
1. cap. marvels skins (powers work fine) is defaultman. yes i installed the official chars. mod. and hawkeye works fine,.
2. scarlet whitch crases my game.
3. nick furys first skin is replace by cable ( i downloaded the cable mod)
any help will be appreciated.
p.s. can i put surfers herostat in with this mod? or does wonderman's files  replace him?

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on March 11, 2008, 09:31AM
It's unlikely that I will fix any bugs. (This does not mean that I have 'abandoned' it, and its now in the public domain. Just so you know).

can u try to make them with ORIGINAL and NEW moves not simply copying them? that kinda sucks nothing's new in the pack except the models

If you don't like it, why don't you try making new stuff?

March 25, 2008, 03:29AM #201 Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:40AM by thetommyboy2002
Quote from: CrowRider on March 25, 2008, 02:32AM
can u try to make them with ORIGINAL and NEW moves not simply copying them? that kinda sucks nothing's new in the pack except the models

Don't like it?
Delete from your hard drive and make your own.
EDIT:
Oh, and by the way: Giant Man= Original Powers. Vision= Original Powers. Quicksilver= Original Powers. etc etc etc Most characters have original Huds and Icons. So why not shut up 'till you actually know what you are talking about.
Lastly, it ill becomes someone too lazy and stupid to type out the word 'you', or use basic punctuation, to complain about anything someone else has made and given for free.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on March 25, 2008, 03:29AM
Oh, and by the way: Giant Man= Original Powers.
Giant Man=Luke Cage IIRC + the added growth. Or did I miss something?

Quote from: Sidewinder on March 25, 2008, 08:53AM
Giant Man=Luke Cage IIRC + the added growth. Or did I miss something?

Yes, you did. Giant Man can pick up and carry foes, Cage Doesn't.
Yes, Cage was the basis for Giant Man, but I don't believe anyone here has ever sat down and written a character's powerset from scratch, without re-using an existing characters code, FX, sounds etc. That's just the way it's done.So why would Giant Man be any different?
True, the process is better disguised in some Mods than in many of the Avengers I made, but then I made them quite early on after the game came out, so I think you'll find that by the standards of Modding back then, they are adequate. Not perfect, but what do you expect for nothing?

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of morons posting crap in this thread, and whining and complaining.
Thread locked.