XML2 Sound Updates

Started by Teancum, January 07, 2008, 08:47AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 21, 2008, 04:52PM #60 Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:04PM by iammingy
Quote from: shadow on May 21, 2008, 04:23PM
Actually, there is a MUA mod that have both power sounds (magma_m.zsm) and voices (magma_v.zss). But you'll have to compile voices to x_voice.zss file by yourself, as you can't download the updated file by nodoubt_jr.

http://marvelmods.com/blizz/ConvertedXMLCharacters/magma.rar

I assumed he didn't know how (/want) to use the ZSMeditor.........

Quote from: Grig 32 on May 21, 2008, 04:25PM
I just want the voices - the power sounds don't really matter all that much too me since most of her powers can be 'edited' into using XML2 sounds.

Thanks for the help though

I can split the voice pack into smaller chunks so you can download each part at a time, if you want. But, you will still have to download the whole pack again in the next update. :P

EDIT: Splitting it up, will upload in a sec.
EDIT2: Uploading now.

As long as I can use the sounds in my game - Rogue's voice REALLY does not work for Magma - I'm not going to be picky :P

Quote from: Grig 32 on May 21, 2008, 05:13PM
As long as I can use the sounds in my game - Rogue's voice REALLY does not work for Magma - I'm not going to be picky :P

Haha, good. :)
Check your PM if you still want the files.

May 28, 2008, 02:01PM #64 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:55PM by nodoubt_jr
i think i figure out a way to have both the voice sounds and power sounds in one file, if off to test

edit: it works, still testing for any problems
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on May 28, 2008, 02:01PM
i think i figure out a way to have both the voice sounds and power sounds in one file, if off to test

edit: it works, still testing for any problems

Oh, cool!! :applause:
Did you do this by putting everything into the _m.zsm? Hopefully, we won't need to upload the updated 1XX MB X-voice whenever we add new voices. >_<"||

May 28, 2008, 04:17PM #66 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 04:25PM by nodoubt_jr
ok we can have both power sounds and voices in one file separate from the x_voice.  ok i'll use magik as an example.

first set up the power sounds into: magik_m.zsm
then add the voice lines to that same file, magik_m.zsm, but making sure the hash points to magik_v (power sounds point to magik_m, voices to magik_v)
once you have everything in one file you save it as: magik_m.zss (it must be zss, if its zsm it messes up the sounds in game, for example the character you compiled the voice into zsm might say "yes" once, after that no one in game says anything, it messes up how the game looks for voice lines i guess.  Anyways zss not zsm.
then the file would be place were you would put the power sounds (sounds/eng/xxx)

and then you can have both power sounds and voice lines in one file.  so far i havent run into any complications, so i dont know if it will lead to any problems.

also before i figured this out, i had updated the x_voice. the latest version of the x_voice has Emma Frost's menu call out fixed (the other one was messed up), Xtreme yell for Avalanche, and i added voices for Havok (havok_m) from XML1, Angel (angel_m) using Human Torch (thanks shadow for the idea), Shadowcat (shadoc_m) using Invisible Woman.  I will upload that version later on today.  This will probably be the last update for the x_voice, since now we can add voice lines to a different file.

lol, yeah iammingy editing that big ass file was a pain in the ass, plus with the addition of the latest characters theres only room for one more full voice set.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

May 28, 2008, 05:47PM #67 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:02PM by nodoubt_jr
x_voice update 3 (110 mb)
download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XOR04UT
latest version now here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2924.0

new to this version:
* fixed up Emma Frost's menu call out, the one in the previous version was sorta messed up
*added xtreme yell for Avalanche
* added Havok's XML1 voice (havok_m)
* added voice for Angel (angel_m), MUA Human Torch voice
* added voice for Shadowcat (shadoc_m), MuA Invisible Woman voice

Read the post above this one
This will probably be the last update for the x_voice, new voices will probably be in there own individual files.

(x_voice goes in Sounds/eng/x/_/ , the rar is already setup exactly as they should go, so just drag and drop)

justa question, can we add menu callout in the [character]_m.zss file the way you discovered?

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on May 28, 2008, 04:17PM
ok we can have both power sounds and voices in one file separate from the x_voice.  ok i'll use magik as an example.

first set up the power sounds into: magik_m.zsm
then add the voice lines to that same file, magik_m.zsm, but making sure the hash points to magik_v (power sounds point to magik_m, voices to magik_v)
once you have everything in one file you save it as: magik_m.zss (it must be zss, if its zsm it messes up the sounds in game, for example the character you compiled the voice into zsm might say "yes" once, after that no one in game says anything, it messes up how the game looks for voice lines i guess.  Anyways zss not zsm.
then the file would be place were you would put the power sounds (sounds/eng/xxx)

and then you can have both power sounds and voice lines in one file.  so far i havent run into any complications, so i dont know if it will lead to any problems.

also before i figured this out, i had updated the x_voice. the latest version of the x_voice has Emma Frost's menu call out fixed (the other one was messed up), Xtreme yell for Avalanche, and i added voices for Havok (havok_m) from XML1, Angel (angel_m) using Human Torch (thanks shadow for the idea), Shadowcat (shadoc_m) using Invisible Woman.  I will upload that version later on today.  This will probably be the last update for the x_voice, since now we can add voice lines to a different file.

lol, yeah iammingy editing that big ass file was a pain in the ass, plus with the addition of the latest characters theres only room for one more full voice set.

nodoubt_jr, thanks for the info!! :thumbsup:

Quote from: shadow on May 29, 2008, 12:22PM
justa question, can we add menu callout in the [character]_m.zss file the way you discovered?

i havent tried it

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on May 29, 2008, 12:34PM
i havent tried it

No, we can't, I just tried and discovered!

x_voice is the only file that will do menu callouts.

Is using ZMS editor the only way to apply the sounds in x_voice?  If so, I know it's for mods, but is it possible for a readme or something to be provided?  Spider-Man was not meant to be mute!!!

Spiderman's voice is in the x_voice update