Anyone find out how Messiah Complex ends yet???

Started by shafcrawler, January 17, 2008, 07:59AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 17, 2008, 07:59AM Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:22AM by shafcrawler
has anyone gotten a hold of X-Men issue 207 a.k.a. Messiah Complex Chapter 13? I've missed the issue by a few days (back when I was visiting Germany) as I am back home and you hardly come by decent comicbooks in Bangladesh (at least, in time) so I am really really hoping someone can tell me how it all ends when the comic comes out. Oh, and if you don't want to spoil it for others, just P.M. me! Thanx!!!!

Well I found the information and if someone doesn't want to know it, please don't follow reading

Cyclops sends the New X-Men against the Marauders, believing that Sinister's forces will be caught off guard by these unfamiliar opponents. The students prove to be effective, with Pixie gutting Malice/Omega Sentinel with her Souldagger, and Dust taking Exodus down in conjunction with Emma. Cable pits Predator X and Bishop against each other (with Bishop losing his right arm in the process), and is confronted by Cyclops demanding the baby. Cable, with a gun pointed at his father, begs Cyclops to let him escape into the future with the baby:

For God's sake, look around you! Everybody has a plan. An agenda. Everybody wants to stake a claim, or take her out of the equation. She won't last a day here, whatever you do or don't do.

At the urging of Professor X who tells Cable that this isn't just about the baby that the future of all mutantkind is at stake and that Cyclops is the lead of the X-men so he speaks for mutantkind and should be his decisons, this cause Cable to relent and gives Cyclops the child. X-Force battles Predator X, stymied by the creature's regenerative abilities and strength. With no other options left, Wolverine dives down the monster's throat, and tears it apart from the inside.

Inside the compound, Rogue awakens from her coma. Mystique explains the lengths she went to in order to save her, but Rogue is furious at the constant death and suffering that results from her adopted mother's interference, She removes her glove and touches Mystique in an attempt to kill her. Realizing afterwards that the baby's touch has cured her of Strain 88 and the death touch, as well as all the residual psyches of everyone she has ever absorbed, including the eight million minds she took from the Hecatomb. Rogue renders Mystique unconscious and absorbs her memories, denying her the chance for peace. Leaving the scene, Rogue tells Gambit not to follow her.

With the enemy defeated, Cyclops holds the baby and considers the sacrifices he's made for his family (The child opens his locket, which has a picture of him and Jean inside). Cyclops realizes that the mutant baby deserves a chance to control her own destiny. Cyclops gives the girl back to Cable, with the locket around the baby's neck. Cable teleports to the future; Bishop makes one last attempt to kill the child and shoots Professor X in the head instead. Cyclops strikes Bishop down with an optic blast, and Beast confirms that Xavier seems to be dead, although the name-changing X-Men: Legacy indicates he's catatonic. Assembling around their mentor's body, Cyclops tells the gathered mutants that "There are no X-Men." Xavier's body then disappears. Cable and the baby arrive safely in the future, stating that now comes the hard part.

[I found the information on Wikipedia]