Shard/Longshot/Polaris/X23/Shadowcat/Angel/Banshee/Domino Mods Released

Started by Norrin Radd, January 21, 2008, 05:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 28, 2008, 08:03AM #30 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:45AM by Norrin Radd
Quote from: Teancum on January 28, 2008, 05:29AM
Just wanted to let everyone know a soundset is currently being worked on.  She'll be voiced by Vanessa Marshall (Jan Ors from Star Wars: Jedi Outcast).
:bowdown1:

Quote from: Sidewinder on January 28, 2008, 03:13AM
Nick Fury works fine for me.
But Toxin also showed the error with the Blade Ballet (was fixed by some suggestion here). So it is probably related somehow. I also have the error is some other mods (the only one I remember right now is Rhino).

If you can specify a bit closer which files I should try to modify I can give it a shot.
if Nick Fury works for you then maybe it is an unrelated effect file that is screwing things up. Because the square thing doesnt happen for me there is no way for me to test it. To see if it is an unrelated effect file you could try removing all the effects except the gun_* ones, if you still get the square then the problem might be the gun_* effects, if not, then the problem may be an unrelated effect

January 28, 2008, 10:21AM #31 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:17AM by Onua
She's look good ! Graet work Norrind.

Hey Norrin!

I was just checking up on how Shard was doing and all of a sudden the new skins popped out and I was like,"YESSS!!!" haha.

Incredible job buddy, keep doing it your way!    :highfive:

thanks guys,
nice png pics by the way Overload (especially the cap and ironman one)

Quote from: Norrin Radd on January 28, 2008, 08:03AM
:bowdown1:
if Nick Fury works for you then maybe it is an unrelated effect file that is screwing things up. Because the square thing doesnt happen for me there is no way for me to test it. To see if it is an unrelated effect file you could try removing all the effects except the gun_* ones, if you still get the square then the problem might be the gun_* effects, if not, then the problem may be an unrelated effect

I think it should be the distortions (like Magneto said) and/or the ones with "alpha" in the name, but I think you won't get the red color if you revert them back to the original. :(

Thanks Norrin! I wanna do alot more since it's so easy and a little fun project to do. Any suggestions just tell me on my forum page, I don't wanna crowd up your incredible topic with my crap lol. Anyways awesome job, and I look forward to the whole thing being complete!

Will try her out when I'm back from CNY vacation in Singapore! Looks good!

Voiceovers are done.  I have to reinstall MUA due to a new hard drive, then I'll get to work on her power sounds.

i updated the mod with mannequin by MXYZPTLK

and new loadscreen:

see first post for download link

Small update on the graphic bug for the gun power (which is still there in 2.2).
The bug disappears if I delete "gun_impact.xmlb".
I THINK the problem is that the file "textures/misc_hitflash.png" doesn't exist. At least I don't seem to be able to locate it?

Quote from: Sidewinder on February 08, 2008, 02:36AM
Small update on the graphic bug for the gun power (which is still there in 2.2).
The bug disappears if I delete "gun_impact.xmlb".
I THINK the problem is that the file "textures/misc_hitflash.png" doesn't exist. At least I don't seem to be able to locate it?

It's stored in misc_hitflash.IGB

here Sidewinder, try this gun_impact.xmlb,
i removed the distortion effect, hope it works (it may not look that good because a part of the effect was removed, but its probably better than nothing)
Download Here

Norrin, I got MUA installed last night, so I should be able to do her power sounds tonight and upload all her sounds.

Quote from: Norrin Radd on February 08, 2008, 07:40AM
here Sidewinder, try this gun_impact.xmlb,
i removed the distortion effect, hope it works (it may not look that good because a part of the effect was removed, but its probably better than nothing)
Download Here

Works without the red square. Thanks!