Shard/Longshot/Polaris/X23/Shadowcat/Angel/Banshee/Domino Mods Released

Started by Norrin Radd, January 21, 2008, 05:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, Norrin Radd, I think there might be a problem with your X-23 mod. I tried it and it wouldn't show up. At first, I thought it was because it was in menulocation 26, but then I swapped wolverine out for X-23, and it still wouldn't work. So, i thought maybe it was my laptop, but then I loaded iammingy's Iron fist mod and that worked fine. Awesome work, by the way.

hm, i think other people have tried it and it didn't give them this problem. When you go to the menu location she is supposed to be in, there is no mannequin there at all? or is it a locked mannequin?

Ok, I tried it again, and it worked. i replaced wolverine with x-23, and when the game started, I was a defaultman. I got to the checkpoint and yes, the mannequin was there. And it worked. Maybe the defaultman thing at the start has something to do with the game? I'll try it in slot 26 again. Sorry for accusing your mod wrongly.

Oh, by the way, I found out what was my problem. It was because i kept on loading my save game (even though it didn't work), before starting a new game. This somehow messed it up.

Updated Polaris with a fix to the Magnetic Grasp power. See first post for download link

I think next I'm going to work on a custom Banshee mod. I might be able to make a soundset from his voice in XML2. I got all his lines, but I'll need to try to cut them up to be able to get a soundset

Hi, your mods are amazing, but when I placed Polaris in the game, her mannequin is one that is Force Work Scarlet Witch's. I mean, Polaris' mannequin is scarlet color, not her green one. Is that because I'm also using Scarlet Witch's mannequin as Force Work one in the game?

August 31, 2008, 07:59AM #158 Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:29AM by Norrin Radd
Quote from: pinkserika on August 31, 2008, 03:34AM
Hi, your mods are amazing, but when I placed Polaris in the game, her mannequin is one that is Force Work Scarlet Witch's. I mean, Polaris' mannequin is scarlet color, not her green one. Is that because I'm also using Scarlet Witch's mannequin as Force Work one in the game?

Thanks, and yeah that should be the reason. You can fix this by hex-editing the number (or name) in the mannequin file. I'm not sure if you are familar with that, if you can wait about a week I should be able to upload a new version of it

edit:
I explained how to do it here for MXYZPTLK's mannequins:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1467.msg33595#msg33595

edit2:
ok, nevermind, I took some time and hex-edited it. I re-uploaded it under the same link (just need to copy over the mannequin, you should see that the last day it has been modified is today). Let me know if it works out

Hello all, I'm new here and really glad to see a mod community for this game.
I have tried most of the fully working character mods already and they're all great but I do have a question about the longshot mod. (one of my favorite Marvel chars. btw)
Most of his animations are not showing up for me. Most of the previous posts in this thread seem to indicate that they show up for others.

I added him in exactly like all the other characters I've tried and I believe that I have the most recent version of longshot.
I did search the board for anyone with this issue and didn't see anyone. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thx for all the great mods

When you tried the mod, were you starting a new game with default stats? He uses a custom fightstyle so you may need to start a new game for his anims to work properly.

Thanks for your reply.
I have tried him several times now always with a new game( I don't even have any save files in the default folder right now ) . It's interesting as some anims will show, such as lifting an object or grabbing an enemy and punching him ( I would guess these are more common game anims not custom ). The power effects all show just not his other anims. I can see the effects of his punching and kicking and hear all the sound effects as well.

It's just strange since none of the other mod chars have done this.
Thanks again for your help and all your mods.

np, it's too bad you can't get it to work though, I'm sure you have already checked, but I could guess you could just make sure that the 95_longshot, 95_longshot_4_combat, and fightstyle_longshot are in your actors folders. Also, does this problem occur for a certain costume, or for all costumes?

This occurs for all costumes.
I'll go back and check those folders again hopefully its something simple like that.
Thanks again it's great to be able to play as some of these lesser known chars. I seem to have an affinity for these 2nd 3rd and 4th tier chars.