Activision confirms new spiderman title and sequal to marvel ultimate alliance!!

Started by WaRi0, February 07, 2008, 06:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Activision has confirmed many upcoming games in a financial conference call today. Two new Guitar Hero titles will
be released between April 1 and June 31, 2008 and another Guitar Hero title is also due for release this fall. It is
expected that the fall release will be Guitar Hero IV and that one of the others will be the DS version of Guitar Hero
called "Guitar Hero On Tour". A new Spider-Man title and a sequel to action-RPG Marvel: Ultimate Alliance were also announced.

As for the new Call of Duty game, the publisher only mentioned that the first-person war shooter would be hitting PC,
PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii.

Other than their existence, no further details were revealed regarding the new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Spider-Man
titles. The company also reaffirmed its intent to release a new James Bond game alongside the feature film this fall.
In general, all of the titles are slated to arrive during the company's 2009 fiscal year, which runs from April 1, 2008
to March 31, 2009. If provided, more specific timeframes were noted above.

WAHOOOO!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC. Come out for PC.

/prayer

Finally !!! maybe new spiderman is friend or foe 2 ... mua 2 better come out for pc

Wow... I thought they would NOT be doing a follow up,
with so many character licenses gone to the competition?
Sega has the rights to the Marvel movie characters now,
which include Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Hulk...

Do you suppose they worked out an agreement to be able to
have a follow up anyway? This is awesome news, but I hope
we aren't stuck with a limited character roster that has
no Avengers in it...

Maybe a follow up was a part of the initial agreement.

Can't wait to hear more on this.

:stark:
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

I read somewhere that the deal between Marvel and Activision allows them to use whoever they want from the Marvel universe, while Sega has the rights to make the games in which those specifics characters are the main ones. For example, I don't think that they could name the game something like "Captain America and the Avengers", and it probably won't have those characters in the box-art.

Then again, I read this in the gamefaqs board...

I thought this depends what kind of license (exclusive vs non-exclusive) the game company wants. ...kinda like how it works in the statues and busts scene (Sideshow, Bowen, Hard Hero, etc.)?