What do YOU want in a sequel?

Started by jonchang, February 10, 2008, 12:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Any new characters, levels, plotlines, mini-bosses and bosses you'd like to see in MUA2?

Post your ideas here!

Characters:

I want more playable characters. Hopefully, both heros and villains in the Marvel Universe (not villains in the game) will be playble. More B- and C- list characters as playables (or helpers) would be nice, too.

Here is a list of playable characters I really want to see:

War Machine
Yellow Jacket
Cable
Deadpool
Taskmaster
Psylocke
Rachel Summers
Cyclops
Iron Fist
She-Hulk
Toxin
Penance
Nova
Ghost Rider
Hobgoblin
Black Panther
Quasar (Phyla)

Levels:

A Space level would be cool!

Bosses:

don't care

Characters?Well I hope in this sequel there are more X-Men and more villains jeje

So my list of characters would be:

Iron Man (as director of  S.H.I.E.L.D.)
Sentry
Captain America
Miss Marvel
Spider-Woman
Luke Cage
Silver Surfer
Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Jean Grey (I'll explain later an idea that I had)
Venom (with an alternative costume of Carnage)
Magneto
Scarlet Witch
Sabretooth
Mystique
Doctor Doom
Wasp
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man
Ronin

Bosses:
Dark Phoenix: After all that happened in Mephisto's Realm "she rises from the ashes" and becomes evil. However after the heroes battle her she becomes good again and you can unlock her as a playable character.
Nova maybe? because Galactus needs an herald(I don't know anymore heralds jeje)

and I didn't thought anyone more jejejeje

Levels:
Well the fight with Dark Phoenix in the Blue Area of the Moon, of course

And the others in different planets of the space, that would be cool

I want, 1st time all character are existed (the character of gold edition, PSP edition & next-gen edition), with all are 36 character. Next time I juste want : punisher, she-hulk, carnage, toxin, X-man, Cable, Sentry & Hercule.
For level, I think Mount Olympus are a good Idea. With Jupiter for boss and unlock Hercule in this Level.

February 10, 2008, 09:26AM #4 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:40AM by Overload
 For a level, I think would be cool in MUA 2 is one like the Shocker Warehouse level on the PS1 Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro when you face Shocker and the warehouse is on fire. I just really thought it had a good fight in it and really made that part of the game worthwhile. Just seeing that in MUA2 would be awesome!

As for characters...

-Sentinels(Playable for one long level)
-Bolivar Trask(NPC)
-Electro(NPC)
-Beetle(NPC)
-Shocker!(Playable after you defeat him in the warehouse)

Characters:
-Keep all 36 official MUA character, especially Deadpool (although I wouldn't cry if the villains aren't playable)
-Punisher, Iron Fist, Sentry and She-Hulk were notoriously missing in this game, IMO.
-Beast, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision are some rather important Avengers that were missing. Maybe Giant Man, Wasp, and some others too.
-Besides Beast, some other X-Men, hopefully at least Jean, Gambit, Psylocke or Cable.
-Squirrel Girl. Just because.

Gameplay features:
-A "My Team" that encourages to keep a base, but try new members too. Something like whenever a character ni your team makes a power-combo with a character not on your team, the new character gains some kind of team sinergy points. Once you've gained 100, he is added to your team and you get 1 bonus point.
-I liked the idea of Wolverine's rage, but not the whole execution. He should gain skill points every level, like everyone else. While each point affected 2 abilities, you can never use them both at the same time, so it's not exactly like getting 2 points each level. Other characters could use something like this too, like Hulk or Jean.
-Every Xtreme should at least do some damage to bosses.

Location, bosses and NPCs:
-At least one vampire enemy. You know, for Blade.
-One level taking place in New York. Maybe Galactus invading it. Or Skrulls. Don't know why, but I really dig Skrulls.
-A cameo for JJJ.
-Either a fight against the Sinister Six (or Seven, or Twelve) or the Brotherhood. How come most battles in M:UA were 4 against 1 or 2 in the heroes favor? That's not how superhero fights work.
-Judging by the game's concept art, there were at least 3 locations that were planned to be included but finally weren't: Baxter Building, a Kree Spaceship and somewhere during the WW2 (Normandie, I think).

Other:
-Ghost Rider's Hellcycle. At least in a cinematic.

I'd dig some real multiplayer support.

Maybe some character customization in the realm of the equipment you slot actually changes the char's look.

A more "sandbox"-like experience if possible (probably not viable but oh well)

-More outfits.  Support for at least 7 w/modding
-Cinematic Camera option (so you can take cool screens)
-Mod tools (ya right :P )
-Kingpin
-The Sinister Six
-A Stan Lee cameo :P

-A villains campaign in addition to the heroes 1. Playable characters in 1 campaign are bosses in the other. Minor enemies could be cops, the army, SHIELD & a ton of Iron Man drones. Not so sure who would be final boss, a cosmically empowered Spidy maybe?

-Online Co-Op & versus on all platforms that can support. Which, come to think of it, is all of them.

-DLC for PC, PS3 & 360, not just for 1.

-More power related puzzles, they seem to have decreased with each new game.

-Ditto with the AI.

-Wii isn't likely to DLC at the rate things are currently going so I'll suggest a controversial idea to make up for the lost content. Ever seen that rumor about Nintendo's Link & Samus supposedly planned for MUA? Yeah, I'm saying they should go ahead & find a way to make that happen. 4 playable Nintendo characters (enough for a team) plus a few corresponding simulator missions featuring their respective enemies & bosses.

-Create-a-character feature, the sort seen in City of Heroes or WWE games. Not everybody can skin & mesh afterall. I think of this as the 1 real flaw with the Freedom Force games.

-I guess I should also add a roster while I'm at it:

Heroes
1. Spider Man
2. Captain America
3. Iron Man
4. Hulk
5. Thor
6. Wolverine
7. Cyclops
8. Jean Grey
9. Storm
10. Punisher
11. Gambit
12. Ice Man
13. Mr. Fantastic
14. Human Torch
15. Thing
16. Invisible Woman
17. She Hulk
18. Blade
19. Nick Fury
20. Deadpool
21. Ghost Rider
22. Dare Devil
23. Elektra
24. Dr. Strange
25. Silver Surfer

Villains
1. Dr. Doom
2. Doc Ock
3. Green Goblin
4. Sandman
5. Venom
6. Electro
7. Scorpion
8. Magneto
9. Sabertooth
10. Toad
11. Pyro
12. Scarlet Witch
13. Quicksilver
14. Dracula
15. Mandarin
16. Loki
17. Bullseye
18. Namor
19. Super Skrull
20. Baron Zemo

DLC
Iron Fist
Spider Woman
Black Panther
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Black Cat
Luke Cage
Ms. Marvel
Moonknight
Colossus

Wii Exclusives
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Samus
4. Donkey Kong

bigger team number than just 4 at a time, this is not fantastic four game, lol

Non story related MP.  Like Team Deathmatch, 1 on 1 Duel, and Marvel Heroes CTF.  Think of how awesome it would be to steal the flag and swing back to your base as Venom!

February 12, 2008, 02:44AM #11 Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:05AM by ppm
Many of ur ideas are great! Especially the ones of Gevth :

QuoteCharacters:
-Keep all 36 official MUA character, especially Deadpool (although I wouldn't cry if the villains aren't playable)
-Punisher, Iron Fist, Sentry and She-Hulk were notoriously missing in this game, IMO.
-Beast, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision are some rather important Avengers that were missing. Maybe Giant Man, Wasp, and some others too.
-Besides Beast, some other X-Men, hopefully at least Jean, Gambit, Psylocke or Cable.
-Squirrel Girl. Just because.

Gameplay features:
-A "My Team" that encourages to keep a base, but try new members too. Something like whenever a character ni your team makes a power-combo with a character not on your team, the new character gains some kind of team sinergy points. Once you've gained 100, he is added to your team and you get 1 bonus point.
-I liked the idea of Wolverine's rage, but not the whole execution. He should gain skill points every level, like everyone else. While each point affected 2 abilities, you can never use them both at the same time, so it's not exactly like getting 2 points each level. Other characters could use something like this too, like Hulk or Jean.
-Every Xtreme should at least do some damage to bosses.

Location, bosses and NPCs:
-At least one vampire enemy. You know, for Blade.
-One level taking place in New York. Maybe Galactus invading it. Or Skrulls. Don't know why, but I really dig Skrulls.
-A cameo for JJJ.
-Either a fight against the Sinister Six (or Seven, or Twelve) or the Brotherhood. How come most battles in M:UA were 4 against 1 or 2 in the heroes favor? That's not how superhero fights work.
-Judging by the game's concept art, there were at least 3 locations that were planned to be included but finally weren't: Baxter Building, a Kree Spaceship and somewhere during the WW2 (Normandie, I think).

Other:
-Ghost Rider's Hellcycle. At least in a cinematic.
I also think there should be some more x-men (I would also add Shadowcat, Angel, Bishop and some others of the xml games) and avengers  (Quicksilver, Scarletwitch, Vision and others)and all characters from MUA 1. Please no playable villains (in the heroes campaign) if there isn`t a character roster with at least 50 characters, and if there is, not the complete evil ones like doom, but only those like venom or bullseye and of course the brotherhood.
The story should really base on Mua 1, maybe on xml 1/2, too. Lots of new bosses, some of them could also be playable if you`ve defeated them. An alliance of the big evils again, please! And lots of characters u can't play as NPCs in the base.
What would ít be like to fight against the brotherhood, to defeat them, to get five or six of them playable(e.g. Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Toad) and the others as NPCs in ur base and then to fight with them together against a bigger evil?

Less X-Men since they've already got 2 games dedicated to them and wasnt about 8 characters from MUA X-Men too? (although some of the less traditional X-Men wouldn't be bad - e.g. Strong Guy, Multiple Man etc)

More of the less famous characters making an appearance, even if its just in a few stages (The Great Lakes Avengers/X-Men/Defenders/Champions/Initiative would be pretty cool but not exactly playable) as well as a few more internationals (e.g. Captain Britain).

A little more free-roaming too (e.g. New York) - make it feel less like you're following a path

Quote from: The Boy Sanga on February 12, 2008, 09:27AM
Less X-Men since they've already got 2 games dedicated to them and wasnt about 8 characters from MUA X-Men too?

Please name me the 8 X-men Characters in MUA! Cause I can only count 4! (and +2 for the 360 only)
The only actual problem from the roster of MUA1 was the lack of X-men!

Agreed.  6 X-Men should be the minimum.  Plus they're Marvel's most popular group so you know they'll be at least that many.