What do YOU want in a sequel?

Started by jonchang, February 10, 2008, 12:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well arguably Magneto and Sabretooth qualify as X-men - perhaps they should throw beast in as an X-man/Avenger? When you consider some of the other popular comics/characters that weren't included (Iron Fist, Black Cat, She Hulk) having almost a quarter of the line up as X-Men may be a bit excessive...but hey, I'm not exactly an X-man fan so I'm a little biased...

QuoteIron Fist, Black Cat, She Hulk

. . . a few more that I'd add to the 'wants' list. 

February 12, 2008, 04:11PM #17 Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:30PM by brohara
I want to play as the Illuminati. That's Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Namor, Prof. X, Black Bolt and Dr. Strange. So 6 Players would be cool.

I mentioned some scenarios over in 'MUA2 best villain choices' which include stories and characters relating to any one of these:
- the Annihilation wave and conquest stories
- The Infinity Gauntlet
- The Cosmic Cube

Any of these would provide SO many cool heroes, villains, cosmic characters and potential NPCs.

That said, other cool levels would include Hell's Kitchen at night or the Hand,
something for the street level marvel characters to play through again and again.

A space level where you can travel OUTSIDE of the ship, for cosmic characters like
the Silver Surfer, Quasar, Captain Marvel, etc. Would be awesome to see them soaring
through space and come across a cosmic character like EGO or Galactus. Wouldn't it be
cool if Silver Surfer could fly 'around' planets in a level that would require that
you play a cosmic character, for example, so you could move at those high speeds.

It might be cool to have specific adventures for these various types of characters.
SO if I later want to run Moon Knight or Spidey through the streets of NY, the level
would be set in one place, but offer some variety with the villains or where they are
located. This would get a lot of replay. They'd be geared toward a certain class
of heroes, to fit the various classes of Marvel characters. A Hulk level adventure,
or an Avengers level, a street character level, a cosmic level, etc. So that I could
grab the Hulk and go on a run, if I didn't feel like being in the main story mode.

A 'down by the docks' level, where atlanteans or whoever could be coming out of the
water. Absorbing Man would be great here; so would many of Spidey's villains, Rhino,
Green Goblin, Mysterio. There have been a lot of classic dock fights.

Or a dark sub-basement level, like you would find with Arsenal or Ultron.
-- I'll say this... CLASSIC Ultron this time. That, Or Annihilation: Conquest Ultron.
No more of THAT foolishness; they need to do their homework and use ACTUAL Marvel characters!

We also need an underground level, a la Mole Man, with all his creatures. This would be great
for Fantastic Four or Avengers teams, where it starts in the city and goes down from there.

Maybe a crime cartels story, Hammerhead, Kingpin, the Hood and his crew, competing for something.
I still think a Count Nefaria / Maggia / Madame Mask story would be great, and would tie in easily.
..maybe even get as large as groups like Hydra, AIM and the Hand here as well. MODOK needs to be
scary, not so bumbly.

Still be able to see the Helicarrier in the sky would be cool, perhaps on a level within
(or on top of) Stark Tower.

Lots of cool possibilities.

Someone should compile all this and send it to Activision.
Anyone have any contacts there?   
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

I'd really like Dark Phoenix as a boss and a playable character  :phoenix:
Storm ad Wolvie have to be in there,they're must haves :storm: :wolverine:
And Cyclops and Emma Frost would be nice,besides them,whoever they want :cyclops: :emmafrost:

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

For the characters I'd like, see Teancum's thread.

Extremely good ideas here.

-Using vehicles would be nice: GR's Hellcycle, Fantasti-Car, etc...

I like Teancum's idea of a Cinematic Camera, different "modes", and a Stan Lee cameo (:laugh:)

Online multiplayer support, create-a-character, and NPC backup are all also pretty good ideas.

There should be a PvP mode like Nemesis where players can compete against the CPU or their friends.

Baxter Building and the Helicarrier as ideas for hubzones.

A level in an urban city.

Harder bosses and harder enemies.

An off-storyline free-roam mode (most likely will not happen), like in the Superman Returns videogame or the Spider-Man ones.

Agrees with Teancum on the modding stuff...

More levels! Having 5 or 6 is soooo boring... 10/12 would do..

Choosing location, like in SM: FOF.. So you won't have to go through the same thing in the same order everytime you may've beaten the game.

Costume editor.. Adding all sorts of stuff to the marvel char, equipping stuff for enhancement (for example, leather suit < vibranium suit).

Usable utility bags... Nice to see the chars have em like Cap and Fury, but they aren't even used at all, only for eyecandy which lasts for like a day or 2 :S

5 man teams...

Higher defence on all enemies.. Makes the 5-man teams worth it.

More realistic damage output. Juggernaut punches a guy but it doesn't fly away at all... (just an example)

Fully destructable levels.. When you throw someone, he really goes into and/or through the walls and such.. That would make it more fun imo.

No storybreaking characters as playables...

Sadly, when I read that it would feature 140 marvel characters I really thought that there were 140 playables :laugh: So increasing the roster with 20 more characters would do.. about 8 X-Men would do the trick..

As for chars, I would like to see Cable, Bishop, Psylocke.. No character duplicates.. (like saber & wolvy and luke & colossy)..

we need more x-men for sure:
the 4 are ok but maybe...
Beast
Kitty pride
Gambit
X-man (or cable)
Choosble between Nightcrwler and Jeanie (once you chose, tho, there's no turmning back. Because there dead!)
And if one choses Nightcrwler  maybe u should also get the profesor....

I think most of the things I'd like added in MUA 2 would be things that should have been fixed the first go around.

1. A big free roam city level, I guess technically all of the levels are free roam, but a big explorable New York would be great.

2. An ability to add non-playable helpers to your team, to fight aside you like Dum Dum Dugan. This would offer so many possibilities for lesser known characters to make an appearance. You wouldn't even need to give them whole powersets, just one or two attacks.

3. If you have Nick Fury on your team, he does not appear in ANY levels, all of his parts are covered by Dum Dum Dugan. Same with any other character that appears as a NPC, if they are on your team, they just don't show up.

4. Maybe an ability to pick your own base of operations, Baxter Building, Stark Tower, X-Mansion, possibilities are endless...or at least extensive.

5. A build your own hero function would be sweet, unlocking more parts as you go along.

6. I really would like a change in camera angles based on how many characters are on your team, or better yet: being able to pick whatever camera angle you want. I would love to have the camera follow the character you're playing as like the camera in the Spider-Man games.

7. More characters - there's already a list of the ones I want on the Characters thread.

That's all I have, but I'm pretty sure we're going to end up with basically the same game as always, with more / different characters and vaguely different levels.

I dunno if I'd want a complete Create-A-Character mode, but I would want visual upgrades to characters.  But as far as the the RPG elements I'd want it really balanced.  So if I didn't want to spend hours upgrading I'd still have fun.

I really love brohara's idea of character specific levels. You could do some pretty easy grouping. A Level for "Street" characters could let you play as Luke Cage, Daredevil, Electra, Punisher, Moon Knight, Spidey  and Ghost Rider. I think that could add so much replay to the game. And if the game was set up so that there was a main storyline that included everybody, but a free roam New York that let you go find character specific adventures or category based adventures (for characters in a certain category...)

Holy Crap, a WWII level could be awesome, let you play as Cap, Namor, Human Torch, or Nick Fury. That would probably be my favorite.

And with so many subplots imagine the NPCs they could include.

Now that would be the perfect Marvel game. Sadly Raven doesn't seem inclined to try anything new with their sequels. Maybe someone should send them a link to this thread.....or maybe we all should send them a link to this thread.....just an idea.

Most of all a new story with all the bells new characters,new maps,new boss villain and above all else a Danger room where you can pick the heroes and villains you want for the replay value is most needed.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

more comic accurate skins for characters. i don't play with many characters, but the ones i do play with, i want to have the option of them looking the way i like...

bigger roster with more diverse powers, like: yellowjacket that can grow and shrink, quicksilver zipping round the screen (jlh did it with the flash well enough), more x-men (at least the core members as standard), more avengers (as i said, yellowjacket/giant man), also i'd like to have more of an rpg experience with the game... i want more interaction with characters than the standard 4 phrases most have)

a kick ass free roam online mode...

Everyone's going for this Free Roam thing.  I'm really anti-free roam.  That's more for a true RPG style like a Marvel-ish version of Star Wars: KotOR, or something like Marvel Online.  For me the core gameplay is fine.  Just give us a little bit of roaming ability like the XML2 New York levels.  I don't want too much.  I'll get the game to fight, not to wander around on side quests and looking for little powerups hiding in obscure parts of the level.

I would like to see at least one massive battle, maybe at the end, where you really feel like your whole team is fighting the enemy.

Or if they don't do that, hopefully they remove the limit on amount of npcs that can be in a level at the same time so we can mod a massive battle.

I can imagine that!

That would actually be pretty cool!