New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
oh well.. looking forward to seeing the old character's new (or modified) movesets.

How come I'm not shocked,if they would MAKE A DANGER ROOM than that would be grand.. some player on player action :lamer:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Hmmm.
Stil don't understand the need for four villains to be playable. If it were me I would make 8 heroes but well.
I'm verry happy with Nightcrawler and Hawkeye. Cyclops, the Hulk and Magneto are OK.
Don't see the point for having Dr. Doom (although he would be fun to play with, I really don't understand him be playable against himself)and I really don't need Sabretooth and Venom.
Gonna dl them all for my X-BOX360 as soon as they come available though :)
Hopefully this will be moddable to have the spots available in the characterscreen on the PC (the most important part of it all) If only that could be salvaged for the PC people would already be verry happy I think. We have characters enough to fill the spots I think (the 4 PSP character mod and more than enough characters for the other spots) We'll see what is possible here, without getting in too much trouble. This is payable dl content and I don't think they will be happy if we make all the stuff available, even if it is for PC.

If that's the case, the game is "payable" content as well, since we bought (hopefully) the game.  Being as we are still making certain files available on the web, and haven't been served with a "cease and desist" order, I don't think they would care too much.  Then again, I'm no lawyer.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

March 22, 2007, 03:41PM #49 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:46PM by BliZZ
God... I am still pissed to all hell... thanks Activision! If this is true, (and I stress the IF) at least we can get high(er) res icons/hud_heads for Hawk :thumbsup:

Phuck, guys! Hawk/Cyc were done FOREVER ago.... Dark gave us wips of Toothy and Venom... I was working on Nightc.... cvc did a fairly basic conversion on Magneto... tommy did Hulk for his Avengers mod... Doom should NOT be playable. I was hoping for at LEAST Iron Fist. Please, please, please be bullshit!

Now what we need is for Noel to rundown exactly what we can and can't get out of the 360 version... hopefully he is on the verge of finding the secret of 360 models :runaway:

It doesnt sound real to me, theres no reason to have those villains as playables (although sabertooth would complete a cool weapon plus team with wolverine, cap and deadpool)

Considering the existing characters it seems a rather bizarre selection to implement.... Doom in particular, I really dont see why youd put villains in with so many untapped heroes still about.  And with one recylcled hero from the psp and two plot breaking ones it just seems to defeat the point.

March 22, 2007, 05:24PM #51 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 05:28PM by iammingy
If you guys did hang out alot at the VIP forum back then, many people actually wanted villains to be playable characters. There was immense amount of threads about that and Dr. Doom was one of names that was mentioned so many times.  Many people were p'd off by these threads and told these people to slab the Dr Doom skin on Iron Man. :chuckle: In a poll started by a VIP member, Hulk, Cyclops, Punisher, Iron Fist, Hawkeye were the top 5 wanted DLC's. IIRC, Psylocke, Magneto, and Venom were a few places behind the top 5. So, it's not surprising to me that Hulk, Cyke, Hawkeye, Dr. Doom, Magneto, and Venom got in (in this rumor at least).  However, I am not too sure why Punisher and Iron Fist couldn't get in... :nervous:

QuoteNow what we need is for Noel to rundown exactly what we can and can't get out of the 360 version...
Skeletons, icons, portraits, sounds (not as ZSS, but as WAV - we can't do duck about the ZSS yet). Effects, powerstyles, etc.
Textures for the models (but not the models themselves, sorry).

I'm getting my hands on the full X360 data today, expect more news on this later.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

March 23, 2007, 12:37AM #53 Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:18AM by Londonmark6123
This news is true actually you can find out more here:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/22/new-marvel-ultimate-alliance-content-soon/

I wouldn't believe anythign until there is an official announcement or pictoral evidence of it, people were saying all kinds of rubbish for the original roster which turned out to be false.

To be fair, I don't really mind it that much except for Doom, who makes no sense at all, otherwise its just a generally uninspired selection in many ways.  There are plenty of interesting powers to be had, but considering Venom and Sabertooth will essentially be clones of Spider-man and Wolverine, Hawkeye isn't particularly itnerestign to me (I've got a bow, that doesn't mean I would be a fun original playable character even if they do have different arrows) Hulk is important in representation of MU but it would be too easy to avoid giving him interestign powers and recycle Thing and Cage abilities. 

Nightcrawler and Magneto should be good though (even if the former makes no plot sense)

Quote from: Londonmark6123 on March 23, 2007, 12:37AM

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/22/new-marvel-ultimate-alliance-content-soon/

The link has "fanboy" in the title.  Sounds like they might not be a 100% reliable source.

March 23, 2007, 11:30AM #56 Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:40PM by Londonmark6123
Quote from: Teancum on March 23, 2007, 08:00AM
Quote from: Londonmark6123 on March 23, 2007, 12:37AM

The link has "fanboy" in the title.  Sounds like they might not be a 100% reliable source.

Well It's confirmed by IGN.com.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/775/775365p1.html

Bleh... it is true. Superherohype posted it.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=5389

Looks like 360 owners can look forward to unique dialogs! And we can cross Mags, Toothy, Ncrawler, and Cyc off our XML2 lists. (considering I spent so much time on Cyc... it figures)

I still don't get how they can pull this off, I figure Sony has to be shitting themselves over the inclusion of Hawk. Anyone bet we'll be seeing a tweaked version, or do y'all think he'll just be a port?

I still don't understand the inclusion of Dr. Doom! Why the hell would he be fighting to stop himself!!