New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Londonmark6123 on May 06, 2007, 02:56AM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9725/shnewsletter05030733jd7.jpg

Super Hero Newsletter - May 4, 2007:

This month, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance GOLD EDITION will be released for the Xbox 360™. If you don't already own Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, this is your chance to buy a remastered version of the original game including all of the 8 new characters.

What the fuck is the point of that?  The DLC is already out there, so why waste production and materials to release it on disc?  The demand is out there for the other platforms, so why not put the game out on those platforms?  This stupidity is beyond belief.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

God damn, this is just plain stupid.  If this gold edition included more content like comic missions then it'd make sense but why would they release a brand new game box if only to squeaze more money out of it.

When did the suits in game development start to stop caring about the quality of their games and get so greedy? 

When did they start caring to begin with?

If you consider that many people won't have or want to have X-box live its actually a good idea.  Its not as if a second release lessons the value of the game for all you lot - if I end up getting a 360, the chances are I'd get the gold version (even tho I have the PC) just for the extra characters and the console multiplayer.  Although admittedly, I'd probably buy it second hand.

At the end of the day - games are expensive to make, so they are obviously going to milk it for every penny regardless of whether other people like it or not.

I expect it will be on other platfroms too assoon as they port them.

I doubt they do much more milkin'.  In the end the guys at Raven gotta put food on the table and in the eyes of a developer/publisher a game only has a six-or-so-month shelf life.

i can't find the article but i did read a small article that Gold will have some content not available on the DL. but trying to sell it to exclusively 360 owners who already own MUA have no reason to buy an entirely new game since it's just a few small things they won't get by downloading the extra characters for $10. all i'm saying is it BETTER multi-platform..

May 06, 2007, 09:00PM #262 Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:04PM by iammingy
They are releasing more stuff for the 360?????????????????
What about other platforms? @_@

Quote from: iammingy on May 06, 2007, 09:00PM

Thats what this sites here for. looks like someones gunna have to bite the bullet and buy the gold eddition and share it to our mod team here.

Quote from: Piotyr on May 11, 2007, 10:00AM
Quote from: iammingy on May 06, 2007, 09:00PM

Thats what this sites here for. looks like someones gunna have to bite the bullet and buy the gold eddition and share it to our mod team here.

Which would be pointless because we can't use the character models.  New meshes would have to be made for all the different skins, minus the couple that Tommy already did (hawkeye and hulk), and the XML2 ones.  I'm sure a ******* site will have it for "acquisition" or "donation among unknown friends".

Note as said before we have just about all the models we need we just need the skill files and hopfully videos of the moves done so as to get them working like their counterpart. I mean we got the next gen mod working why not this?
I am sure the gold addition will be uploaded to the net shortly, and I shall find and get this to ya. Internet scrounger ho!

The Gold Edition has now been confirmed by the games VIP site for a May 22nd release

http://vip.marvelultimatealliance.com/invitenew.php