New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
by the way Londonmark thanks for those Hulk pics.

MR.Fixit rules!

@ Piotyr -- Don't have them yet, but the models won't work in MUA PC anyways.

I think I've asked this question before, but I don't remember where. Anyways: what exactly is expected to be gotten from the DLC data? Powersets? Costume bonuses? Voice files? More slots in the Character Selection screen?

Just powersets, textures (which can then used as a base to reskin models that work for us), entities and talent files.  Animations are a very slim possibility.

The amount of slots is written into the game engine, so we have no way of finding that.  It's one bytes in hundreds of millions.  Models won't work because they use a new version of Alchemy, and sounds are in the 360's XMA format, which nobody on the internet has cracked yet.

So basically we'll only be able to improve on the characters that have already been made, and possibly get new animations.

I'm thinking animations MAY work, since they weren't on Noel's "we can't get these" list.

Also, there is a chance we MAY be able to get the stage from the DLC, pulling the camera out (since PSP's stage had an ultra-zoom) and making it more Next-Gen again. Of course, then we will all be saddened by the empty slots on our screen....

What we can definitely get:
PS files
Talent files
Effects
Entities
Icons
Loading Screens

What we can probably get:
Animations
Char Select Stage
Bolton Models

What we WON'T be able to get:
Character Models
Sound Files

Quote from: BliZZ on May 25, 2007, 01:44PM
I'm thinking animations MAY work, since they weren't on Noel's "we can't get these" list.

Also, there is a chance we MAY be able to get the stage from the DLC, pulling the camera out (since PSP's stage had an ultra-zoom) and making it more Next-Gen again. Of course, then we will all be saddened by the empty slots on our screen....

What we can definitely get:
PS files
Talent files
Effects
Entities
Icons
Loading Screens

What we can probably get:
Animations
Char Select Stage
Bolton Models

What we WON'T be able to get:
Character Models
Sound Files

Add sounds to won't be able to get FOR NOW seeing as the sounds just need to be cracked by outside sources first.

???????

First, they are in a format foreign to ANY sound tools that are available to the public (IE non-game-manufacturers).

Second, we still have absolutely no idea how to RE-compile them into a working zss/zsm file.

I think I'll leave it in the "WON'T get" column.

What about the codec the X-360 uses to actually play the files?  If we could port the codec to the PC, we MIGHT be able to play the sounds in their native form, no?  Same with PS2 and X-box sounds.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Technicly we can make crappy sound rips by running the sounds to the computer or recording the sounds directly and recompiling them into normal sound sets. A daunting job but hey all this stuff is.

Maybe you missed the part of BliZZ's post that explicitly said:

QuoteSecond, we still have absolutely no idea how to RE-compile them into a working zss/zsm file.

Making shitty rips would be pointless if we can't use them, right?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Can someone post the alternate costumes for the characters already coded in the game?

Because i would like to see the alternate costumes for Namor, Vision, The Inhumans, Hank Pym, Psylocke,
and Jean Grey.

Since i don't own the PC version. So i just was wondering what costumes these characters had.

Well thanks for posting the link to that thread, I was hopeing to see the alternate costumes for the characters that i asked for about but its okay.

It was nice seeing the alternate costumes for Shocker and The Lizard though.

There ARE no alternate costumes for the characters you posted.