The "Heroes You Want" list (now 45 heroes total)

Started by Teancum, February 10, 2008, 09:24PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm actually more excited for a ton of NPC's that nobody has even thought of, that would bring lots of fun modding possibilities. I just hope there isn't a character limit in the next game, but I doubt it will happen.

If the limit is 45, we should add Gambit, Bishop, Giant Man, Wasp and Angel.

Oh, and a no-limit-game would be better than any of my dreams could ever be!

Quote from: R0GUE on February 10, 2008, 10:33PM
The official roster from MUA1: = 23
+ Colossus (no Moon Knight this time): = 24
+ Black Widow (no Ronin, no Cap. Marvel) = 25
+ All DLC = 33

+ Rogue  :rogue: + She-Hulk  :shehulk: + Punisher  :punisher_logo: + Cable  :cable: + Bullseye + Green Goblin + The Hood = 40

Whoa! Now we get 45!?

Ok add 5 more:

Emma Frost :emmafrost: + Sentry + Wasp + Taskmaster + Moon Knight :moonk: back in

=45

Im not really sure why so may are clamoring for a re-tread of MUA. Why would you want the SAME characters that you already played in the first game to be in the sequel?? Wouldnt it make more sense to have an all NEW roster of characters? If it were up to me, this is how the lineup would be.

1)Adam Warlock
2)Drax the Destroyer
3)Gamorra
4)Pip the Troll
5)Moondragon
6)Mantis
7)Nova
8)Quasar
9)Captain Marvel
10)Guardians of the Galaxy
      a)Starhawk
      b)Martinex
      c)Charlie-27
      d)Yondu
      e)Nikki
      f)Talon
16)Exiles
      a)Blink
      b)Morph
      c)Sasquatch
      d)Mimic
      e)Longshot
      f)Sunfire
      g)Thunderbird
      h)Nightshade (blue girl)
24)Starjammers
      a)Corsair
      b)Raza
      c)Hepzibah
      d)C'hod
And for you hardcore purists...

28)Captain America
29)Iron Man
30)Spiderman

And the last 15 just to satisfy the fanboy in me...

31)Mockingbird
32)Tigra
33)Nighthawk
34)Shroud
35)Speedball
36)Firestar
37)Prowler
38)Puma
39)Texas Twister
40)Cloak
41)Dagger
42)Iron Fist
43)She-Hulk
44)Jack of Hearts
45)Shaman

I know my list is a little unconventional...but its what Id want if I were the decision maker for MUA 2! A little spice..a little variety...an ALL NEW experience..not a re-hash of roads already traveled.

Quote from: Howlingatthemoon on February 16, 2008, 11:48AM
Im not really sure why so may are clamoring for a re-tread of MUA. Why would you want the SAME characters that you already played in the first game to be in the sequel?? Wouldnt it make more sense to have an all NEW roster of characters? If it were up to me, this is how the lineup would be.

I know my list is a little unconventional...but its what Id want if I were the decision maker for MUA 2! A little spice..a little variety...an ALL NEW experience..not a re-hash of roads already traveled.

The problem is:

A) Your list is not marketable. I'm sorry its just not. Very few will will want to play a game without Thor and Wolverine, let alone a game that includes Pip the Troll on its roster in favor of one of those characters.

B) Your roster tends to clump characters by comic. What if the general public doesn't like Annhilation and Exiles as much as say Excalibur and The Initiative. But half your roster is made up of folks from 2 comic series.

IF your going to go more obscure I think you have to at least branch out into many multiple series.

Anyway, your opinion is your opinion. But its not very realistic. I think most of us are trying to think of what we'd want while mixing in what is actually concievable by Activision and Marvel's marketing depts.

My reasoning is like that, but not entirely based on popularity, it's got more to do with the "flavor" of the game. When I got XML2, I thought it was cool to both play with my favorite X-Men, and even more so to make my own team of X-Men characters. With M:UA, the main attractive is to get your dream team of marvel superheroes together. Honestly, the story is good, but the level design is kind of boring and some fights are lackluster, but hey, you get to take Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America and Iron Man to fight Galactus and Dr. Doom (among others)!

In other words: You remember that episode in the 90's Spider-Man animated series where he fought with the X-Men? Or the one based on Secret Wars where he teamed up with the likes of Captain America and Iron-Man? Did you happen to like the post-Civil War version of the Fantastic Four (Thing, Human Torch, Black Panther and Storm)? Would you like to see Daredevil and Elektra fight side by side? Or how 'bout the New Fantastic Four?
Well, that's what made M:UA so likeable to me.

So, changing the entire roster wouldn't do. Replacing some I don't like could be, but there would be thousends who wouldn't be happy if they took away Blade, Nick Fury or Colossus. Heck, I'm still a little pissed off that they removed Psylocke and Beast from XML2.

Well, that's my take on the subject. And also, that's why I chose to keep almost the entire roster. It's a pretty damn good roster anyway, in my opinion.

Well the reason I have a large amount of space-faring heroes in my line-up is because of who the main villian is supposed to be. If youre going up against Galactus, wouldnt one think that the most obvious choice for heroes would be those that are predominiently in outer space?? Now I know that not all of my choices fit in that category..a lot of them are just wishful thinking and I realize that...but my reasoning is nonetheless valid. I, myself, do not want to play a re-hash of the first game, with the exact same characters doing the exact same things. I really think that to be competitive in the tight videogame market, Activision needs to up the ante and take some risks...and that includes going outside the comfort zone and adding some new and interesting heroes to the mix. Im not suggesting a complete and total change...thats totally unrealistic. I know that the tried and true heroes need to be present...of course they do...they are what makes Marvel what it is. Im just saying shake it up a bit. Think about the first game...who would have thought they would have included Ms Marvel or Spiderwoman or Dr Strange? Those were bold moves and they paid off big time! So why not do the same with the sequel? Put some new and interesting characters in and leave some of the others out. It just makes sense to me. I can see where you guys are coming from...but I think my opinion carries some validity as well.

Let me ask you this. Have any of you guys played Spiderman: Friend or Foe? Its no MUA for sure...but its still fun..and for me whats makes it so fun is the characters that you can play as. Iron Fist, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Green Goblin, Scorpion, Doc Ock, Prowler and others. Not your usual fare for a Marvel game...and I absolutely LOVE that!! Its what makes the game so great for me. Ive played as Spiderman a million times in various games...but never once have I played as ANY of the above. To me, thats a very cool thing and its what brings me back to these games time and again.

Anyhow..thats just my opinion..for what its worth.

Your opinion is all good. Just wanted you to know I wasn't bashing it. :) I was just mostly responding to this quote.

"Im not really sure why so may are clamoring for a re-tread of MUA. Why would you want the SAME characters that you already played in the first game to be in the sequel?? Wouldnt it make more sense to have an all NEW roster of characters?"

February 18, 2008, 11:26AM #23 Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 07:43PM by ramen
21. most mua-dr.strange, cage, :daredevil: :ghostr: :stark: :iwoman: :elektra: :thor:
22.rogue, 23.emma frost, 24.hulk, 25.punisher, 26.x-man, :hulk_icon: :rogue:  :emmafrost:
27.magnito, 28.cyclops, 29,pheonix. 30moonnight :moonk: :cyclops:  :phoenix: :magneto:
31.colosus, 32.cap.Marvel 33.quicksilver 34.scarletwitch :colossus: :quicks: :scarletw:
35.black widow 36.she-hulk 37,nightcrawler 38.Iron Fist 39.angel :shehulk:
40.venom 41.gambit, 42,psylocke 43.hawkeye 44.dr.doom. 45.cable :cable: :hawkeye: :sunfire: :psylocke:

if they do
I would to have this to but i just don't even think a may :humant:be
jubilee, mystique omega red carnage cap.britain  domino, blackcat, bishop, mysterio, blackheart magma
and i also hope they put all the xmen jim lee customs

Edit:OmG I forgot about iron fist

Let's see... I will separate the roster i would like in different sections... i would add some comment's next to the character if needed.

--Marvel LEGENDS-- (18)
This are the ones i believe are ALL a must since they are probably the BEST known marvel chars:

:capamer:
:strange:
:ghostr:
:hulk_icon:
:fantastic: :iwoman: :thing: :humant: ALL A MUST
:stark:
:spiderman:
:thor:
:cyclops: :phoenix: :archangel: :beast: :iceman:  :wolverine: THE ORIGINAL 5 + THE COOLEST ONE
:namor: A MUST HAVE... he should be playable in MUA 2

--OTHER XMEN-- (3 must haves, 8 that COULD be in, as long as there are spots left)
Others X-men that i would like to be playable:

:colossus: Already in MUA, must in MUA 2
:storm: same as Colossus
:nightcrawler: We need a teleporter other than Deadpool, in other words... MUST HAVE! XD

Not really necesary but could be nice additions:
:psylocke: She pawns!
:gambit: who doesn't like this guy?
:havok: he could be a fun addition
:rogue: I rather have her than Ms Marvel, and since Gambit is there...
:jubilee: FIREWORKS!
:kittyp: could add some interesting gameplay
:cable: Always wanted to play with him, but not a must have in an Marvel title (maybe an XML3)
:bishop: FUN in XML2

--THE UNDERDOGS-- (6 MUST HAVES, 7 that COULD be in, as long as there are spots left)
Some characters that are NOT as known outside marvel fans but are REALLY cool to us...
:daredevil: MUST HAVE!
:deadpool: A MUST HAVE! I LOVE THIS GUY!!!
:elektra: Should be made usefull this time!
:hawkeye: he is THE archer or Marvel, and one of the best known avengers
:ifist:
:punisher_logo: to be honest, i rather have him than nick furry

Not really necesary but could be nice additions:
:ronin:
:shehulk:
:panther: wouldn't mind if he is cut off
:pman:
Blade same as Elektra, but i wouldn't mind if he is out... he doesn't even have an icon here :(

I leave this 2 for LAST because i think they are probably the most powerfull heros in the Marvel Universe but in-game they would look WAY too weak for balancing issues.
:silvers:
Sentry

That would make a TOTAL of 27 MUST HAVES (same as the actual limit) and another 15 that i wouldn't mind if they make it or not to the game, but if they do... the more the better.

NO MORE TORTURE, that is IT!!!

Cheers

Quote from: Buddhabear100 on February 12, 2008, 06:14PM
I'm actually more excited for a ton of NPC's that nobody has even thought of, that would bring lots of fun modding possibilities. I just hope there isn't a character limit in the next game, but I doubt it will happen.
I hope they have a Jackpot NPC!

Hawkeye, Iron Fist and Punisher must be playable on all systems.  I'm still bitter about not having a way to put Hawkeye on the Xbox.

February 20, 2008, 04:23AM #28 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:46AM by ppm
QuoteThat would make a TOTAL of 27 MUST HAVES (same as the actual limit) and another 15 that i wouldn't mind if they make it or not to the game, but if they do... the more the better.

NO MORE TORTURE, that is IT!!!
To Rasdel:
Just great ideas and I also think the more the better. I think there should be the popular ones like
Avengers  :stark: :thor: :capamer: :scarletw: :quicks: :vision: :panther: :hawkeye: :hulk_icon:
   maybe Giantman, wasp, :spiderwoman: :warbird: and others

F4  :fantastic: :iwoman: :humant: :thing:

X-Men  :beast: :archangel: :cable: :colossus: :cyclops: :gambit: :havok: :iceman: :kittyp: :nightcrawler: :marvelg: :storm: :wolverine: :sunfire: :bishop:
  maybe :rogue: :psylocke: :magma: :madrox: :jubilee: :emmafrost: :dazzler: :xavier: and others

Also the brotherhood  :magneto: :mystique: :juggernaut: :stooth:
  maybe  :blob: :pyro: and others

Plus the single-fighters  :spiderman: :daredevil: :genis: :elektra: :ghostr: :ifist: :namor: :moonk: :pman:  :blackwidow: :ronin: :shehulk: :silvers:
  maybe  :punisher_logo: :strange: Nick Fury and others

Maybe the Defenders, Inhumans, Starjammers and some gods like Balder, if we're fighting against Galactus and a few of the "small" villains like Bullseye, Venom... because they're cool and because of the actual Marvel-Universe
All together = 45 must-haves and lots of others. I'd really like a 45-char-game with no limit for modding and downloadable mods also from Activision itself. FOR PC!!!

Quote from: Midnight Curse on February 20, 2008, 04:15AM
Jackpot? The One-Armed Bandit?
No, The person in ASM.... who people think is MJ anywAay sh'll pobily be too new so i'll doubt she'll be in but is cool to think about.