The "Heroes You Want" list (now 45 heroes total)

Started by Teancum, February 10, 2008, 09:24PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I remember reading an interview that stated that Marvel pushed for certain characters to be in the game (the one mentioned was Luke Cage, but certainly others like Spider-Woman weren't in because the developers wanted her in). So if Marvel wanted to "advertise" Jackpot, they could "force" her in.

ya but only if she gets her own book.... i mean if shes a only a geust star in spier-man they'll be no need to advertise her.

I would want the original 23 heroes in the game plus Next Gen Colossus and Moon Knight and of the DLC only the four heroes that is 29 and then the extras would be:

30. Punisher
31. She-Hulk
32. Namor
33. Cable
34. Beast
35. Tigra
36. Iron Fist
37. Ronin
38. Black Widow
39. Scarlet Witch
40. Black Cat
41. Mocking Bird
42. Wolfsbane
43. Cannonball
44. Sunspot
45. Nova (Richard Ryder)

These are many of my favorite heroes. I liked all of the original in MUA but wished some would have been more powerful than they are. I would like to see a mission editor also.

Hmm, let's see.

Returning normal line up

01. Spider-Man                               
02. Captain America               
03. Iron Man                         
04. Wolverine                     
05. Thor                           
06. Mr. Fantastic                 
07. Thing                         
08. Human Torch                   
09. Invisible Woman
10. Storm                                                               
11. Iceman                                             
12. Deadpool                                           
13. Daredevil                                             
14. Ms. Marvel                   
15. Silver Surfer                 
16. Black Panther                 
17. Doctor Strange                 
18. Ghost Rider

Exclusive Next-Gen characters

19. Moon Knight                                                                 
20. Colossus

Exclusive PSP characters

21. Captain Marvel

DLC characters

22. Hulk
23. Hawkeye                           
24. Cyclops                                               
25. Venom
26. Nightcrawler

New characters

27. Songbird
28. Mach-1
29. Jolt
30. Meteroite
31. Quicksilver
32. Scarlet Witch
33. Cable
34. Psylocke
35. Rogue
36. Iron Fist
37. Nova
38. Taskmaster
39. Vision
40. Blink
41. Thunderbird
42. Morph
43. Mimic
44. Syrin
45. Sentry

Didnt activision loose the rights to certain characters? Does anyone know specifically who? I'm figuring it's safe to assume they wont be in the sequel.

We don't know exactly.  Rights were gained by other companies for movie-games, but it never mentioned that those rights were exclusive.

Quote from: Teancum on February 28, 2008, 10:18AM
We don't know exactly.  Rights were gained by other companies for movie-games, but it never mentioned that those rights were exclusive.

Ah gotchya. I thought I remember reading they lost rights to Iron Man, but I could have sworn there were others. Easier to make a dream list when one knows the characters to leave out for legal reasons. Thanks.

Well, I'd scratch Hulk and Thor then.  Hopefully Activision gets partial rights so that we can have em.

if they leave out thor or iron man i'm not getting the sequel. and if they do but dont add hulk, i'll be hasetant to buy it...

I am sure they will make exceptions especially when it comes to Thor, Iron Man, Cap and Hulk. Without them the game would be nothing. The only person that would be worth buying the game for would be Spider-Man if they did not make exceptions somewhere but even then it is a game based on the Marvel Universe and not on Spidey alone.

I think you guys and girls should definitely think about whether the character has 4~6 costumes before actually calling out their names in your list. If you can't even come up with at least 4 different costumes, then it is very likely that the character won't make the cut in MUA2. Don't use Silver Surfer as a counter-example; he is clearly a last minute addition to the standard roster and he actually DOES have more than 4 costumes/identities in comics (eg. The Keeper, Silver Savage, Evil Silver Surfer (from Exiles) ).

Hmm, I should modify my list, too. hehe

Cosmic Carnage would be a nice skin for Silver Surfer.

PS: Moon Knight only had 3 costumes, before Retro was added into the game for the PC only. The next-gen. costumes still show Moon Knight having only 3.

Think of the following characters too:
Spider-Woman (2 Jessica Drew vs. 1 Arachne and 1 May Parker)
Ronin (Unmasked? Street clothes? Those aren't 2 legitimate costumes)
Ghost Rider (Well, I think he might have other costumes, but the fact is that in this game 2 of them are other characters)
Luke Cage (Basically, street gears x 3)

Not having enough costumes won't stop Raven and Activision from putting a character in.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on February 29, 2008, 10:13PM
PS: Moon Knight only had 3 costumes, before Retro was added into the game for the PC only.

Actually, Retro is in the Xbox mod too :P

Quote from: Gevth on March 01, 2008, 08:04AM
Think of the following characters too:
Spider-Woman (2 Jessica Drew vs. 1 Arachne and 1 May Parker)
Ronin (Unmasked? Street clothes? Those aren't 2 legitimate costumes)
Ghost Rider (Well, I think he might have other costumes, but the fact is that in this game 2 of them are other characters)
Luke Cage (Basically, street gears x 3)

Not having enough costumes won't stop Raven and Activision from putting a character in.

Let's be realistic.
Spider-woman - the 4 in MUA are mainly the ones that people know. This also solves the problem that "similar" characters don't appear twice in the standard roster. Jessica Drew does have other costumes.
Moon Knight - If they have got more time and done a bit more research, they would have added the 4th one. Besides, he's an exclusive, not a character from the standard roster.
Ronin - These actually did appear in comics, but they weren't iconic. That's better than having made-up uniforms.
Ghost Rider - They could have used Zarathros and Daniel Ketch Ghost Rider.
Luke Cage - They are all legitimate and iconic... I just don't like the sunglasses and the fact that he lacks beard. lol

Yes, it will. Would people be satisfied if one oscure/new character having one costume is put on the list as oppose to a character that is more well-known? I don't know about you, but I am not. Many people actually ask for more costumes per character, I don't see the point having several characters that retrograde. These characters could be replaced with those are more well known to the customers --- a marketing strategy.