Playable villains in the sequel: yes or no?

Started by Gevth, February 11, 2008, 07:50AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, that's right... it builds up the tension and everything...

BUT

I rather give that up if i am going to get more heroes. To be honest, there CAN be tensión among heroes if you want, you just gotta know where to look for it. Anyway, as i said before, i would rather have a huge hero roster, than a huge hero+villains one...

We have already seen chars like magneto & juggz in plenty of games... but namor, she-hulk, iron fist & blackbolt? Those are great hero characters that haven't had their big break in games yet... i would rather play them... it would be A LOT more original than gaving villains we have already played in other games ^^

Cheers

YES!
here's just a couple examples of characters they could use!
Dr.Doom :doom:
Apocolypse :apocalypse:
Mr.Sinister :sinister:
Mysterio :mysterio:
Venom :venom:
Mystique :mystique:
And my personal favorite:
CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :carnage:

No, i think it took away from the story a little to much

i'd say yes but not to every villain. Being able to play as galactus for instance wouldn't be particularly realistic. But people who have made alliances in the past out of convieniences sake, like Venom, Juggernaut, Magneto etc would be awesome.

If they put Villians in the game it would have to be like X-Men Legends 2 and be a threat that would call for the Alliance between heroes and villians. After all it is called Ultimate Alliance but it does not say Ultimate Hero Alliance or Ultimate Villian Alliance so Ultimate Alliance could also include Villians and Heroes working together to battle a very powerful threat like Galactus or the Beyonder for example.

Oh man, I hadn't even thought if they re-did Secret War. That would rock.

I think that the Thunderbolts should be added. Other than that, hell no!

Quote from: DarkVenomAndCarnage on March 01, 2008, 11:57AM
YES!
here's just a couple examples of characters they could use!
Dr.Doom :doom:
Apocolypse :apocalypse:
Mr.Sinister :sinister:
Mysterio :mysterio:
Venom :venom:
Mystique :mystique:
And my personal favorite:
CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :carnage:

I think they're all great, but it wouldn't fit any story if Doom, Apocalypse and Sinister would be playable, they're just too big evil.

QuoteI think that the Thunderbolts should be added. Other than that, hell no!

Yeah, Please Thunderbolts, but they could count as heroes, not?

I always thought that they could make two separate storylines. One hero aligned, and the other villain aligned. I mean, an alliance between Magneto and Xavier, as happened on XML2, is kinda acceptable, but having Dr. Doom ally with S.H.I.E.L.D. against Galactus is plain ridiculous.

Essentially, you would do the same thing but with new cutscenes and dialogs involving PCs and NPCs. This way, you could play both villains and heroes, have their unique stories and endings (Imagine Dr. Doom with the Power Cosmic?) and don't make the quite cliché "Villain makes alliance with hero to beat up stronger villain".

That's just a thought.

Peace y'all.

May 23, 2008, 09:44AM #24 Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:08PM by the amazing spiderman
i like the idea that you can only use them in vs mode. But not without a complete powerset, like in xml1
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

June 07, 2008, 02:49AM #25 Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:53AM by Jarvis
Quote from: The Raptor on May 09, 2008, 03:29AM
I think that the Thunderbolts should be added. Other than that, hell no!

Right. They do count as heroes anyway

And Toxin and Carnage could be costumes for Venom

Magneto would be a good character too

i like the idea of Marvel: Ultimate Aliance: Villains, but its not realistic. And yes there should be villains, but not if it corrupts the story line
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

No villans in main game play; in danger room, that's okay. It doesn't make sense if you're facing the Masters of Evil as villians. For example, making Doctor Doom playable and going up against himself instead of adding more heroes like Jean Grey darn it!!! Maybe cool for some but just ruins the story.

Villains are in. Activision listed Venom and Green Goblin at their press conference last night.