Cable Mod (Released) V1.2

Started by Norrin Radd, February 16, 2008, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Norrin Radd on March 06, 2008, 12:45PM
Thats a good question, I will try to take a quick peak when I can. From what I remember, I don't want it to be chargeable, so if it is, then I will have to remove stuff.

Oh, ok. I am asking because I saw this in the descriptions:

Ok thanks, I'll try to remove it then update

Gotta say how much I love this mod.  Been using it to work on XML1 conversion stuff.

Ok i removed the 'charging' thing, thanks for the notice iammingy. It's still the same link.

No problem. I wasn't sure whether it was intended or not. Thanks for the update.

how can I fix this problem?I try to install cable mod and...

There may be a problem with your herostat. I do not think it is a problem with the mod itself. How did you try to install him?

I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone involved with making this Cable mod a reality.  Cable is my favorite Marvel character bar-none and I was really disappointed that he didn't make the cut in MUA.  I have used Blizz's Cable mod but this one is so superior to that one.  I'm loving every minute of it.  I do have one or to questions to whoever feels like answering:

1) After I use Cable's plasma cannon it stays in his hand regardless of what other attack I do until a room is loaded or I go into hero select at a shield location.  It's not really a big deal but I was just wondering if I did something wrong on my end.

2) Is it at all possible (or feasible) to give Cable a psimitar attack?  I imagine a boost like Moon Knights staff boost where Cable pulls out a Psimitar for a period of time and has increased melee and mental damage for the duration of the boost.  Just wondering.

All in all though, great job and thanks for putting so much effort in something you didn't get paid for.  Now if I can just get that darned Cable mod working on X-Men Legends II...

Quote from: AskaniSon on April 29, 2008, 01:08PM
1) After I use Cable's plasma cannon it stays in his hand regardless of what other attack I do until a room is loaded or I go into hero select at a shield location.  It's not really a big deal but I was just wondering if I did something wrong on my end.

I'm not sure what is wrong because I don't have this problem. He should always put his gun away after he shoots.

Quote from: AskaniSon on April 29, 2008, 01:08PM
2) Is it at all possible (or feasible) to give Cable a psimitar attack?  I imagine a boost like Moon Knights staff boost where Cable pulls out a Psimitar for a period of time and has increased melee and mental damage for the duration of the boost.  Just wondering.
This should be possible although you would need to check for the right animations. Right now this mod has similar powers as to what he has in XML2 PSP version.

Could the gun issue be rooted in the fact that I have the Next Gen mod installed by not the Official character mod?  I thought about it but since Cable was the only one I really wanted to use I didn't install it. 

hm, I don't think so. Did you make sure to delete all your old Cable files and herostat before installing this mod?

Sure did.  I just had to re-format my hard drive so it was a fresh install of MUA as well as the Cable Mod

I also have this problem sometimes, but he puts the gun away after i use the attack a second time.

My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.

Thanks for letting me know, that's pretty weird if it works sometimes but other times it doesn't. If it didn't work at all it may be easier to find what the problem is.

I've noticed that some AI have these sorts of problems.  For instance, when the AI is using Gambit there's occasions where the staff doesn't disappear after a move.  It's possible that's a bug with the game, as some people have reported default characters doing that too.