Cable Mod (Released) V1.2

Started by Norrin Radd, February 16, 2008, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 16, 2008, 10:20AM Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 04:43AM by Outsider
Cable Mod Released V1.2 (additional instructions at bottom of this post)
Download Here
Enjoy!

This is an updated version of the Cable made by BliZZ and worked on by others including Boreman, nodoubt_jr, and thetommyboy2002. The powers have mostly the same function as before. One added move is the double gun move. The animations are mostly different for every move compared to previous versions. The mod also includes right and left handed guns and a huge gun for use in his hand and on his back, all by iammingy.

Includes:
-9 skins by iammingy and boreman (you can use 6 at a time but the packages for all of them are included, so you can easily switch between them)
-2 mannequins by iammingy (you can use 1 at a time but you have a choice)
-gun and shoulder pad boltons (extracted and edited by iammingy)
-unique icons, banner, huds, loadscreen (loadscreen converted by iammingy)
-power sounds and voice sounds (voice sounds converted by Teancum)

Powers:
Bionic Arm: Increased melee attack with knockback.
Pistol Fire: Uses guns to fire projectiles, chance to knock down enemies hit.
Plasma Rifle: Uses rifle to fire intensely focused beam that can pierce through enemies.
Telekinetic Sweep: A burst of mental energy that knocks an enemy off their feet.
Confusion: A radial blast of mental energy that confuses enemies and makes them flee.
Time Distortion: A burst of mental energy that has a chance to slow enemies by 50% by distorting their perception of time.
Tactics: Uses combat knowledge to organize and prepare his allies, increasing defense.
Meditation: Channeling his mental powers, Cable heals himself and his allies
Psychic Slam: Surrounding enemies are hoisted into the air by telekinesis and slammed into the ground.

character screen with updated banner:

Let me know if I am missing credits

Instructions

Removing the shoulder pads:
If you do not want the shoulder pads to be on each skin all the time, remove this line from the herostat
      BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      model = models/bolton/cable_shoulder_pads ;
      slot = ebolton_cape ;
      }

If you do not want to change which skins use the shoulder pads, open the powerstyle file ps_cable.engb and edit these lines (either remove them for skins you don't want to have shoulder pads, or replace the skin_filter number with a skin that you do want to have shoulder pads)
      trigger {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      boltslot = ebolton_cape ;
      model = models/bolton/cable_shoulder_pads ;
      name = bolton ;
      skin_filter = 21005 ;
      time = 0 ;
      type = ce_bolton ;
      }

Changing skins:
The skins are numbered as shown above. The names for each skin are also given (although you can also change them to what you prefer). All the packages for each skin are given in the download. Since you can only have 6 skins at a time, you can't load all of them. By default, the first 6 from the list above are in the herostat. To change the skins:
1. Find the skin number you want to replace
2. Find the skin number you want to replace it with
3. Change the number of the skin in the herostat from the one you want replaced with the new one.
4. Also replace the name of the skin.

Example, replace Classic with Providence. Classic is 21001. So look in the herostat and you will see:
   skin = 21001 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;

By looking at the list above, Providence is the name of the skin we want to replace it with and the number is 21009. That means that the replaced version should look like:
   skin = 21009 ;
   skin_01_name = Providence ;

Mannequin switching:
There are two mannequins that come with the mod. One is numbered 21001.igb and the other 21002.igb. The game will only load the 21001.igb mannequin, so if you want to switch to the other one, just copy 21001.igb and rename 21002.igb to 21001.igb.

February 19, 2008, 12:54PM #2 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:14PM by Norrin Radd
I would like to know what people want for the shoulder pads. There are two options

1. Shoulder pads on all skins all the time

2. Shoulder pads on select skins (so not all of them) but the pads will not be visible for any skin in the menu screen or when the players are in non-combat zones

Let me know what you think and I will adjust it. Vote for option 1 or 2.

I will post pics when I get a chance, for now see iammingy's thread for what the pads look like and the first post in this thread to see what a skin without pads would look like
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=435.msg29092#msg29092

Ok, let me see if i get it...

You are saying that EITHER...

All skins have shoulder pads...

OR

Shoulder pads that will appear ONLY on selected skins, BUT this pads will NOT be visible in the selected skin in everypart of the game, like for example the menu screen or non-combat zones

To be honest... i am kind of a perfectionist. I don't like stuff to look partially finished (even though it would be)... so i would rather say... option 1.

Even though my favorite looks for Cable don't use Shoulderpads:
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/7/7b/Cable_head.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/dpxcomics/ultimate/ultimatex076.jpg

I think that having the shoulderpads partially in-game would look off, and sometimes might get frustrating or even weird.

So i guess that we will probably be specting skins like:
http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/img/c/Cable.jpg

Not one of my personalm favs but hey... still... their could be some adaptations of the other version but WITH shoulder pads... if done right... they will still rock.

Don't know what other people think... but i vote option 1 for those reasons.

Cheers

yes thats exactly what i meant, and thanks for the vote

i will post pictures hopefully tonight so people can make more informed decisions

February 19, 2008, 03:12PM #5 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:22PM by iammingy
I vote for option 2 because:

1. Some costumes didn't have shoulder pads in comics.
2. People can "choose" the ones they want to have shoulder pads by editing the powerstyle. (versus the "all or none" situation in option 1, which lacks flexibility)
3. Cable doesn't need the shoulder pads anymore in non-combat zones because he's safe in non-combat zones... haha

Maybe it's time to figure out re-rigging of models.  Then we can capture X model with pads in MUA, import, rig the skeleton and export.

Now I know that's another big step to learn, but in the end this is Cable we're talking about.  We want to do him right.

In the meantime I'd vote for #2 as well.

Quote from: Teancum on February 19, 2008, 03:59PM
Maybe it's time to figure out re-rigging of models.  Then we can capture X model with pads in MUA, import, rig the skeleton and export.

Now I know that's another big step to learn, but in the end this is Cable we're talking about.  We want to do him right.

In the meantime I'd vote for #2 as well.

Not sure about other modders, but I am trying learn that now...! ^^

Quote from: Gevth on February 19, 2008, 04:05PM
I'm not quite sure I understand the options right, but I'll vote for #2 too.

Option 1 means bolting the shoulder pads in the herostat. This means all skins will have the shoulder pads.

Option 2 means bolting the shoulder pads in the powerstyle. This means the shoulder pads can be bolted onto specific skins. The downside is you won't see the shoulder pads in non-combat zones because the powerstyle is not called in these areas.

Actually nevermind the vote, I will make it so that the downloader has a choice of option 1 or 2 and can easily switch, thanks for the votes so far

I thought you could specify a skin for boltons in the herostat.  Or is that only FX?

Quote from: Teancum on February 19, 2008, 04:50PM
I thought you could specify a skin for boltons in the herostat.  Or is that only FX?

Yeah, it only works for effects.

Norrin, I assume you already are, but you should use that HUGE gun Iammingy posted in his thread.

February 19, 2008, 05:05PM #13 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:07PM by Norrin Radd
Yeah I will, we had discussed it between ourselves before its release

February 19, 2008, 05:13PM #14 Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:18PM by iammingy
Yeah, it was tailor-made according to Norrin Radd's taste, but I thought other people might want it for their mods (eg. Forge, etc). So, I put the gun and the shoulder pads boltons in my thread instead. Since the skins are only gonna be used in the Cable mods, I will just release them thru the mods. :)