Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, I do. I called it 'cape_segment' in the ps, and it didn't bolt on properly (even after bolting it on in herostat). I'm telling you it doesn't work.

Random question.  Does the PC version just ignore the cel-shade _outline section in XML models or did you do something to disable them, like an alpha channel?

It ignores them for the FIRST model (the body, usually). If there are skin_segments, they MAY have the outlines, though not with 100% certainty. Example: AoA Magneto has no outlines whatsoever. Ultimate Magneto's cape is outlined (though we now have his MUA model which isn't - we're still screwed with Helmetless Ultimate Magneto though).

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Well, usually cel shading is done with a plain black texture, so if there even is one to extract, that would generally mean that we *should* be able to add an alpha channel to that texture and 'cheat' to make it disappear.  The question is, does the cel-shade have it's own texture, or did they use a very small, black, unused part of the character texture?  I suppose if it's just one texture for everything we could make all black empty space have an alpha and see if that works.

Alpha is a path to the dark si-- er-- black splotch problem! And causes massive amounts of grief for us PCers.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: BliZZ on April 02, 2007, 05:48AM
tommy... I don't understand what you are saying. There is one cape model for all the skins, so how am I supposed to black out the alpha without f'ing up the cape?

Modern/Force Works - Doesn't need cape
Gypsy - Could go either way
Classic - Needs Cape

Ergh... the cape is annoying me. I'm prepared to just give up and release it sans cape (and perhaps add a Classic one that tommy does, after he gets back to meshing)

In other news, I fixed misfortune. Now I am off to add passives to the costumes.

D'oh!
I was thinking in Freedom Force mode, whereyou would have a seperate cape for each skin. My dumb.
You are right, there is only one cape in bolton mode so ignore me...

Here's some progress shots for Pyro. It's down to fixing the buggy flamethrower power and he's ready to play.

Nice icons and banner, Noelemahc!

Fire Bats - Fly, my pretties, fly!

Fire Blade (with a different animation than XML2)

Powering up for "Mercury Rising."

Grab smash! Pyro heats up . . .

. . . bad guy blows up! Sweet!

Niiiiiice. Pyro's one of my fave XML2 characters to play as, so I'm glad to see he's getting there :D
Just one Q though - what's with the white shapes over in the corner?

Crimson Dynamo says:

I can see from the shots that you need to adjust the various _req levels for the powers, so that they are staggered. If you need help, I've done like 6 or 7, so I know the drill.

The effects look secseh, though.

PS: I am also curious about the odd coloring of the pics. Did you use the game's buggy screenshot function? or the superior print-screen+paste in PS method?

a couple of questions:

1. is sunfire done?
2. how would i install these characters? is it same way juggernaut is installed? (on the homepage, where it talks about replacing luke cage)

sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place and stuff

April 03, 2007, 03:19AM #175 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 03:22AM by Cates
The white shapes and the coloring are surely do to using the game's screen capture functions.

As for staggering the powers, I thought that might be the case. I was simply copying other similar powerslots from other character (i.e, one power unlocked at lvl 17 for another.) That won't be hard to fix, but I'll certainly listen to suggestions, Blizz.

And finally, Sunfire is still IP. Installation will be the same as described. You'll be able to replace any character with Pyro or Sunfire.

By the way, the grab smash looks SOOO much cooler in game than in these shots. He grabs them, starts to catch fire, then BOOM as he throws or destroys the poor bad dude.

Staggering the powers should be pretty simple if you use an official character for reference.

Here are the Witch's (who, for all intensive purposes, is done, I just need an Ultimates costume and those crisp icons)

Just reference someone with the same number of powers (for Pyro, Torch should work) and stagger accordingly.

PS: Is Strange the only guy with 6 powers? If so, that is quite odd, no?

If I am not mistaken, it's because he got teleport as a power, not a talent like Deadpool has. They wanted to make it upgradeable. Which essentially makes Strange overloaded, seeing as he's flying, ranged, supporting AND a teleporter at the same fricking time!

Crimson Dynamo says:

Feh. My memory sucks. *rubs eyes*
In any case, now that I've got the PS2 fileset, I also have access to the high-res power iconses for Pyro and Sabes, which is a nice enough thing. Gotta check if they included any icons for the "should've been playable" charries like Blob or Misty Q.

Crimson Dynamo says: