Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Updated Juggernaut and Gambit. Links are the same.

Fixes:
Gambit:
-Fixed # of Cards that he throws w/ base attack
-Added hud_heads for all 4 skins
-Included updated Classic skin courtesy of Burning Rage

Juggernaut:
-Raised EP cost of Crimson Rage, it was too spammable
-Added hud_heads for all 4 skins

Download the updated .rars from the first post of this thread. They are pretty much done now, until we figure out passives for skins 5/6 (and they need wallpapers)

Let's see if we can use the PS2's, since those need not be recoloured to be used in MUA?
Try those: http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/XML2PS2loading.rar
These are ALL of the XML2PS2 loading screens. The labels are the same as with the PC version, so if you're scared of looking inside of these to see to whom they belong and how they look, use the PC's for previewing :P

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

April 06, 2007, 04:48AM #212 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 04:56AM by Cates
Here's the Beta 1.0 of Pyro.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=bcb2b734ab72163f61586a56ecd32499

The only bug I know of right now is the animation with the Fire Spray power. Occasionally he will stick in the animation for a second after you release the button. Also, the icon for Mercury Rising will eventually be changed. As always, let me know if other issues arise during playtesting. I'm especially interested in balance issues, as I took pains to try to make sure his damage and energy costs were in line with MUA standards.

He only has two skins (nudge, nudge, graphical folks) and no huds (nudge again), but all four costumes are playable with different bonuses. The second and third use the classic skin as placeholders.

I'd still like to make Pillar of Fire a chargeable power on a future release, but in the meantime, enjoy.

Quote from: BliZZ on March 09, 2007, 05:21PM
Updates: Fixed a LOT of Cannonball's bugs, and decided to simultaneously do X-Man. He'll be a lot easier than the other 2 XML2PSP chars, as he already has the perfect number of attacks/boosts! Also, a combo of Torch/ProfX(Hero)'s animations is nigh perfect.

'scuse the bump, but are Cable and X-Man the actual PSP meshes or Tommy's?

Cable - yes. And the X-Man stand-in is Multiple Man from XML1.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

April 06, 2007, 09:10PM #215 Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 01:41PM by Cates
Can anyone show me the herostat for Sunfire from XML2? I'd like to see where the flame animations were bolted on to his AoA skin. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, the links from another thread for XML1 anims/skellies no longer work. Does anyone still have them hanging around a hard drive? I'm particularly interested in other brotherhood characters (Mystique and Blob) after working on Pyro. so I'd appreciate it if anyone could upload them for me. I have some cool ideas for Mystique's powerset.

Apocalypse has been updated with combos, sound, no extreme yet still stuck in slomo when I try to use it,I'll try a diff one for him later  :apocalypse:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Here's the XML1 animation sets that I personally pulled, though they're certainly not as exhaustive as you'd like.
http://www.box.net/shared/8z4kdomxgb

Contain: Avalanche, Emma, Havok, Jubilee, Madrox, Magma, Psylocke, and Marrow.

Also, here's Shiro's XML2 Herostat Entry.

stats {
   autospend = support_heavy ;
   body = 16 ;
   characteranims = 12_sunfire ;
   charactername = Sunfire ;
   effect_skin_aoa = char/sun/special_burning ;
   level = 1 ;
   mind = 20 ;
   moveset1 = moveset_flying ;
   name = Sunfire ;
   playable = true ;
   power1 = power1 ;
   power2 = power2 ;
   power3 = power7 ;
   power4 = power9 ;
   powerstyle = ps_sunfire ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 1203 ;
   skin_aoa = 02 ;
   skin_astonishing = 01 ;
   sounddir = daz_m ;
   speed = 16 ;
   strength = 16 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 10 ;
      Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

Race {
      name = XMen ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = sun_resist ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = sun_flmthrow ;
      }

talent {
      name = flight ;
      }

FlyEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 L Hand ;
      effect = char/sun/ability_fly ;
      }

FlyEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 R Hand ;
      effect = char/sun/ability_fly ;
      }

talent {
      name = mutantmaster ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_hero ;
      }

}

Thanks, Darkmythology. Those animations should be something to play around with--especially since hudmaking (or the failure of hudmaking) has given me a major HUDache. Anyone have that Mystique file, btw?

Thanks also for the herostat, though looking at it now I'm not sure it's much help, given the different way MUA seems to handle the effects (i.e., Shiro's XML2 aoa effects are not bolted on anywhere like Torch's skin 3 fire head, etc.).

QuoteAnyone have that Mystique file, btw?
Which Mystique file would that be?

Quotegiven the different way MUA seems to handle the effects
I'd suggest you try the two Spine bolt-on points and go from there with trial-and-error. See how Phantom Rider's 'foggy glow' effect is done (or Iceman's self-chill one), that may be of help.

Crimson Dynamo says:

QuoteWhich Mystique file would that be?

I was looking for her skeleton/anims as a starter for a Mystique mod (I have XML1/2 on Gamecube from way back, not on PC). I have some ideas using the skin change script that's out there. I was thinking her XML1 as I posted above, but she fights in XML2, doesn't she? I guess either one would work (or are they the same?)

QuoteI'd suggest you try the two Spine bolt-on points and go from there with trial-and-error. See how Phantom Rider's 'foggy glow' effect is done (or Iceman's self-chill one), that may be of help.

Actually, the head effects from the Torch's 3rd skin (which is actually two effects together) look pretty cool. It's the rest of the model that I was looking for, so I'll tinker with the spine points. Torch also has one on the pelvis, but that didn't really do much for Sunfire.

The contents of Misty's 1 and 2 skellies LOOK the same, but my hex editor tells me they aren't identical. Feel free to compare them, as here are both:
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/MystiqueAnims.rar
I've taken the liberty of including the anims of XML2's Shifter, as it's essentially a Sinister-made Mystique clone (like the Optic Crawlers are of Nightcrawler and the Mutant Mix is of Colossus) - which, by the way, would make a wondrous alternate skin for her. *wink* *wink*

Crimson Dynamo says:

While I haven't actually used the Mandarin Mod, the video that was posted looked pretty cool with Mandarin being able to change his form, including, I believe, into Odin, Deathbird and the Destroyer Armor (visibly larger than Mandarin himself).  Might be some cool features for shape-shifting Mystique if idrinkdrpepper doesn't mind you using his scripts. :idea:

April 10, 2007, 07:43AM #223 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:54AM by Teancum
Quote from: BliZZ on April 04, 2007, 08:58PM
Actually, ALL of his attacks (except his boosts and his Staff Attack thing) come from XML1, so you should be able to pull that off. Except, of course, for those attacks I mentioned.

So Gambit's boost anims will have to be adjusted.  Which staff anim doesn't come from XML1, Staff Slam or Staff Assault?

got a link to which thread specifies how to covert XML2toMUA?
i want to do Mystique...thanks in advance!