Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteWhile I haven't actually used the Mandarin Mod, the video that was posted looked pretty cool with Mandarin being able to change his form, including, I believe, into Odin, Deathbird and the Destroyer Armor (visibly larger than Mandarin himself).  Might be some cool features for shape-shifting

That's the plan, actually, to make several of her powers shape-shifting powers that give a bonus. Obviously, it's just planning right now, but it would be cool if she could shift into, say, an Apocalypse skin that would act as a fear effect, or a regular human skin that would make her essentially "invisible" as enemies target the so-called "serious" threats. Just some ideas. Be glad to hear others.

This idea must be possible since it works in Murderworld with the Androids...if Mystique can mimic someone else in that level.  For instance, if she were fighting the heroes, she could become Wolverine (a la X-Men movie) so you're not sure which one is which.  If you are using her as a playable, then maybe she would become a clown in Murderworld and the other clowns would leave her alone, thus your "invisible" idea.

It's already been done in XML1.  I am in the process of bringing those characters from XML1 to XML2, and eventually MUA.  If you want to wait, she is on my list of characters to do.  See my XML1 character release thread for more details.  If not, the coding for changing appearances is already defined in XML1 though, so start there.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I was more thinking of moving Misty away from the generic copycat shtick. She can morph herself into weapons, for crying out loud! Give her two guns and the ability to grow wings, blades and Thanos-knows-what out of her hands to whack, rip and tear he enemies with!

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

April 10, 2007, 03:33PM #229 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:36PM by Cates
I like both ideas, actually, though I tend to think of Mystique more in terms of mimicking than omnimorphing. A good mod would do both, I think. The mimicking ideas seem to work best as boosts, but not necessarily as attacks. I'm a little worried that giving her a blade hand or wings could go beyond my skills, but we'll see. Finishing Sunfire (and maybe Professor X?) is first on the priority list, though he's coming along easier than Pyro did because all of the anims for his powers worked the first time.

QuoteI am in the process of bringing those characters from XML1 to XML2, and eventually MUA.  If you want to wait, she is on my list of characters to do. 

That's cool. I'm not trying to one-up you or anything; I like the brotherhood characters, personally, and thought I'd try out some new stuff and see how it goes.

Again, though, I have XML1 on GC so I can't look at the code. When you get a chance, Burning Rage, could you send or show that mimic coding from XML1? Be interesting to compare that with the Murderworld coding.

Oh, and Noel - Thanks for the files!

Booo, Prof X?  Still, to each his own.

QuoteInsert Quote
Booo, Prof X?  Still, to each his own.

:lamer: Wow, I got booed.

Ah, well, I like the Prof, though not standing up, of course. Still, it'd be a shame to let that cool icon set that Noelemahc worked up, with the XML1 power huds and the neat banner go to waste.

Yeah don't take it personal.  I was just messing with ya.

Quote from: Cates on April 10, 2007, 03:33PM
QuoteI am in the process of bringing those characters from XML1 to XML2, and eventually MUA.  If you want to wait, she is on my list of characters to do. 

That's cool. I'm not trying to one-up you or anything; I like the brotherhood characters, personally, and thought I'd try out some new stuff and see how it goes.

Again, though, I have XML1 on GC so I can't look at the code. When you get a chance, Burning Rage, could you send or show that mimic coding from XML1? Be interesting to compare that with the Murderworld coding.

I wasn't worried about "one-upping".  I was just simply saying that I was doing it in case you wanted to save yourself the work.  If you want to go ahead with Mystique, then by all means.  I won't get mad or upset.  *shrugs*

Code (ps_mystique) Select
<FightMove Name="steal_form1" animenum="ea_power4" lockangles="true" priority="uninterruptable" aireusetime="20" aitype="buffself">
<require cat="skill" item="steal_form" level="1"/>
<trigger time="0" name="sound" sound="character/mystiq_m/power3"/>
<trigger time="0" name="effect" effect="powers/mystique_morph"/>
<trigger time="0.1" name="tintout" type="ce_renderfx" tint="true" solid="true" alpha="true" rgba="0.1 0 0.2 1" life="1.5"/>
<trigger time="0.999" name="steal" tag="4" type="ce_steal_skin" maxrange="240" arc="45" damagelevel="1" knockback="10" powerattack="true" powerusage="P3"/>
<trigger time="0.999" tag="1" name="powerup" life="10" level="1" powerup="atk_damage_scale"/>
<chain action="idle" result="transform_end"/>
</FightMove>
<FightMove Name="steal_form2" inherit="steal_form1" fallback="steal_form1">
<trigger tag="1" life="15" level="1"/>
<trigger tag="4" powerusage="P4" damagelevel="1" knockback="15"/>
</FightMove>

That's the code for her shape shifting power.

ps_mystique.eng
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

April 10, 2007, 08:52PM #234 Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:10AM by cvc
I was thinking this guy is the perfect shape changer http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/Chameleon%28comic%29.jpg

I'm not a skinner but put a bag over suit starks head? if someone felt like it I'd put together the character.
edit: he might be to old school.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Thanks for the file, Burning Rage.

On another front, I'm pleased with myself because I gave Sunfire a costume passive different from any other characters (Irradiate: Adds Radiation Damage to melee attacks), but I also managed to recolor the trail effect for melee attacks from the red for Torch's Fire Damage passive to a green for radiation.

Note the fallout behind Shiro's irradiated melee attacks . . .

Sunfire looks nice when are you releasing him ??

I dunno prolly when he finishes him what say you?

Radiation Melee effect = awesome, btw :thumbsup2:

QuoteSunfire looks nice when are you releasing him ??

He's coming along nicely, but there are still a few things to do:

1) update a few damage/power use figures - be done today
2) grab smash
3) chain his xtreme
4) fire effects for AoA costume

Waiting with bad baited breath.  :drool1: