Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
rogue's the best :P i was waiting so much for her :P anyway hey man is the punisher mod still coming out??? i really want it plz plz

He's said that he'll get re-acquainted with modding by fixing and updating the mods here, and then go back to him in the future.

Updated Magma, Jubilee, and Emma Frost with mannequins and reordered skins. Beast appears to be done.

August 25, 2008, 05:47PM #648 Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:50PM by Cates
Blizz - Here's the files that I fixed for Pyro.

http://www.mediafire.com/?loobnntozhn

I'm 99 percent sure that it was only effects, powerstyle and talent files that were changed, but I might have renamed some animations so I sent those as well. I did not re-work the herostat to include the great Ultimate skin from Norrin or a corresponding hud; it's the old skins that were included in my last download.

The changes-
-Fire blade is GONE. It's lack of animation always bothered me.
-I think this was included with previous upgrades, but I did some animation stuff to work out a "kink" that he had in his flamethrower power.
-Ghost Rider's power that sets an enemy on fire that then sets others on fire is now his 5th power. To me, that's totally Pyro, causing chaos through fire. I don't know why I never gave him this before, but this was my first mod and I wouldn't have known how the first time around anyway. :)
-Added effects from XML1 boss Pyro stuff to the fire column power. It now adds a cool "superheated ground" effect that lingers for a few seconds after the power is done.
-Minor tinkering with the effects to his grabsmash.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Cates, I'll check that out shortly. Also, I uploaded Magma with a small fix to her herostat entry.

September 04, 2008, 11:54AM #650 Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:24PM by BliZZ
Uploaded Pyro with Ultimate skin by Norrin Radd and Power fixes by Cates.

Also uploaded Sunfire with a new animated mannequin

X-Man has been uploaded with power sounds thanks to nodoubt_jr.

Thanks for these, he is much better with sounds  :) His first power sound seems to go off a bit premature, but its ok.

BliZZ I didn't see Cannonball in your WIP thread, do you think you'll "convert" him (or is that not of interest to you)?

I had always intended to do Cannonball (and I've got some ideas of certain animations that fit him), but I really think he doesn't look right without his legs being hideable :(

Ok, I figured that is one of the reasons why. Thanks

edit:
Hm, I just thought of something, since it is easier to make mannequin because they don't need to have the biped (or bones, not sure of the correct terms), would it be possible to replace the cannonball model with a mannequin type model (with no animation) with no legs? This way no one would have to rig one up, just export and remove legs. It might look sort of goofy, but when cannonball is flying he doesn't seem to move his limbs much anyway, or at least from what i've seen

That's actually a really smart idea.  There's no reason script-wise it shouldn't work.

I was actually working on rigging up Captain Marvel, so once I figured it out I had intended to make legless Cannonballs (not sure if I can make the leg bipeds invisible or the model will work without them, but I was going to test it out). I still haven't been able to get a good rig set up yet, though, so that is way down the line.

The biggest problem with that idea is that it will look really, really odd. If it was just for flying then maybe I could see it working, but a lot of his PSP powers involved hidden legs. I could use that as a placeholder for now, though. I'll add to my to-do list. :cball:

Hmmmm... another idea might be making several non-animated "half Cannonball"s per skin - one with arms extended up, one with them extended down, one with them crossed, erc. I'll give it a try.

I think that's what Norrin was getting at actually.

Psylocke has been updated with iammingy's new skin and the grab smash now does damage. Also, there was an issue with the hud_head_3001 overwriting Dark Psylocke's hud_head, and for some reason the 3001 slot is screwy and won't read an hud_head from any slot other than hud_head_3001. So, the 3001 skin has been renumbered to 3006 to avoid all of those conflicts.