Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 26, 2007, 09:55AM Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:42AM by BliZZ
  • Wolverine, Iceman, Storm, Deadpool, and Iron Man are all officially included in game.
  • Colossus, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Magneto, and Sabretooth can be found with official Next-Gen powersets here.
  • Bishop, Gambit, Jean Grey, Juggernaut, Professor X, Pyro, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Sunfire, and Toad can be found in the X-Men Legends 2 character package here.
  • Cable can be found here.
  • There are currently no plans to convert Dark Phoenix.
All other playable characters from X-Men Legends & X-Men Legends 2 are listed here and will be available for download when completed.

You MUST have this mod installed prior to downloading these characters. It is the Official Characters mod.

Credit goes all over the place for these. Off the top of my head:
Blizz for X-Man, Beast, Jubilee, Emma Frost, Magma mods
Burning Rage for Psylocke mod; Revolution Psylocke skin
iammingy for X-Factor/AoA/Shaman X-Man, Generation X Jubilee, New X-Men/Diamond New X-Men/Classic/Diamond Classic Emma Frost, Original Beast, X-Treme Psylocke skins
Norrin Radd for Classic/Graduation/Fiery Magma skins, Generation X/Diamond Generation X Emma skins
darkmythology for Classic/Astonishing Beast skins
matt710 for Astonishing/Diamond Astonishing Emma Frost Skins
Teancum & winstrol for the sounds
nodoubt_jr for X-Man power sounds
MXYZPTLK for mannequins
Overload for mannequins

Click on the pictures to download.

:beast: BEAST :beast:
(Slot 190XX)
Powers:
Bowling Ball: Curling into a ball, Beast propels himself forward, knocking his opponents down as he goes.
Propeller Kick: Spins legs around kicking any enemies within range with a chance of a Deadly Strike (33% instant $HP loss)
Tempest Claws: Spin around with claws extended, damaging nearby enemies with an additional chance of doing Bleed Damage.
Tackle: Tackle an enemy and stab them multiple times.
Beastial Soul: Mentally focuses body and mind to decrease reaction time.
Roar of the Beast: Increases team's attack speed and defense from projectiles.
Orbital Bombardment: Calls powerful lasers down to smite enemies.

:cball: CANNONBALL :cball:
(Slot 195XX)

:emmafrost: EMMA FROST :emmafrost:
(Slot 198XX)
Powers:
Fear: Has a chance to cause foes to flee in terror.
Pain: Deals Mental Dmg and pops enemies into the air.
Stun: Stuns enemies for a time.
Command: Has a chance to convert enemy onto your side for a time.
Camouflage: Masks presence from enemies, decreasing Dmg taken. Will also mask allies that come into range.
Diamond Form: Changes into a solid Diamond, nullifying all mutant powers for the duration. Raises Defense and Strike significantly. Block to deactivate.
Psychic Bedlam: Xtreme radial attack dealing mental damage with a chance to convert enemies.

:jubilee: JUBILEE :jubilee:
(Slot 192XX)
Powers:
Fireworks: Multiple globule projectile attack.
Strobe Flash: Radial light attack that temporarily stuns enemies.
Paf Balls: Throws globules at enemies.
Scorching Plasma: Create an outward blast of plasma, damaging enemies in a radius.
Pep Rally: Damages and affects enemies, reflecting damage back on themselves for a time.
Sparkling Fists: Adds Energy Dmg to melee attacks for self and allies.
Stressful Situation: Boosts personal attack speed and adds additional Energy Dmg to all powers temporarily.
Independence Day: Fills the sky with brilliant fireworks.

:magma: MAGMA :magma:
(Slot 213XX)
Powers:
Fire Balls: Multiple projectile attack.
Pyrokinesis: Enemy bursts into flame. Ignites enemies if fully charged, dealing extra burning Dmg.
Lava Fissure: Molten rock erupts from the ground. Can build molten rock bridges.
Lava Sled: Slides on an lava sled, damaging and knocking back enemies.
Flamethrower: Launch a continuous stream of fire towards enemies, doing Fire Dmg.
Magma Form: Engulfs body in flame. Adds additional Dmg to all attacks for the duration.
Fiery Fists: Gives entire party lava gloves for a time, adding Fire Dmg to melee attacks.
Volcano: A volcano erupts and rains molten rocks.

:psylocke: PSYLOCKE :psylocke:
(Slot 30XX)
Powers:
Shatter Psyche: Attack enemy's nervous system with Psychic Blade, stunning them and slowing their movement for a time.
Psychic Knives: Throw multiple psychic bolts at enemies.
Katana Strike: Brutally slashes enemy with telekinetic katana.
Katana Fury: Slashes multiple enemies with dual telekinetic katanas.
Telekinetic Slam: Releases a savage wave of telekinetic energy in a forward arc, causing Knockback.
Telekinetic Combat: Focuses telekinetic energy to enhance attack speed and melee damage.  Increasing Telekinetic Combat allows Psylocke to increase the size of her Psychic Blades, dual wield blades, and dual wield Psychic Katanas.
Psychic Defense: Reduces damage and shields allies from mental attacks.
Psychic Onslaught: Rains psychic blades down on enemies dealing massive Mental Damage and stunning them.

:xman: X-MAN :xman:
(Slot 214XX)
Powers:
Plasma Bolt: Fires a projectile of mental plasma energy.
Telekinesis: Gives X-Man the ability to lift and throw objects and enemies.
Plasma Pulse: A radial blast of plasma energy that knocks enemies back.
Plasma Charge: Charge enemies, causing them to explode and take massive damage.
Brainwash: A radial blast of mental energy that has a chance of converting enemies.
Plasma Fist: Adds Mental Dmg to melee attacks for a time.
Plasma Shield: Plasma armor takes damage instead of X-Man.
Plasma Guardian: Summons a plasma guardian entity that attacks enemies.

Did anyone else realize that XML2 char sounds worked? Because I sure didn't :P Not until today, at least.

January 29, 2007, 01:28PM #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:48PM by BliZZ
I'm currently working on step 1 for the 4 PSP chars: getting their powerstyle/talent files built (XML2 PC format). I've got Cannonball and Cable's ps files out of the '.fb's, but I can't seem to find the talent files. Are they built into that same '.fb', (in the powerstyles folder) by any chance?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found them, in the packages. The PSP version sure has odd formatting (the fbs). I have all 4 powerstyles done and now I am going to start on the talent files. :P

EDIT 2: Yep, they are in the packages. I just finished extracting cannonball's talent file. He seems to have far fewer moves than the other playables. :-X

Yeah cannonball had few moves and one of them is/was bugged and would do mega damage.  Any progress on Cable would be the best!!!

:D He is in his OWN slot. That's right, a 21st slot. I still need to find his effects/animations within the PSP files before I can move on to converting him to MUA. I have talent/ps files for all 4 PSP characters successfully extracted.

Sadly, it appears that much like how MUA has a hard-coded limit of 27, XML2 has a hard-coded limit of 21 :'( So, I replaced Professor X with Cable. The 3 I'm gonna leave out are Charlie, as he is the head NPC (much like Fury in MUA), Dark Phoenix (can you say redundant?) and X-Man (once again, redundant). I'm sure lots of you would rather replace Sabretooth and Pyro with some of the PSP characters, but this is my version.

I still have to find the skeletons and effects files for all four exclusives in the PSP version. :-X

Quote from: BliZZ on January 29, 2007, 04:15PM

Sadly, it appears that much like how MUA has a hard-coded limit of 27, XML2 has a hard-coded limit of 21 :'(
Do we have any idea at all which files control this #?  Sounds like MUA has an updated engine of XML2 (correct me if I'm wrong here), maybe we can compare certain files and find something.

Quote from: THX on January 30, 2007, 07:42AM
Quote from: BliZZ on January 29, 2007, 04:15PM

Sadly, it appears that much like how MUA has a hard-coded limit of 27, XML2 has a hard-coded limit of 21 :'(
Do we have any idea at all which files control this #?  Sounds like MUA has an updated engine of XML2 (correct me if I'm wrong here), maybe we can compare certain files and find something.

Both Noelemahc and myself have dug through just about every file in "Data" to no avail.
As near as we can tell, it's a value that may be hard coded into the game's executable file (game.exe), though we haven't found it in there yet, either.
We DO know that replacing/editing the mlm_team_back files in ui/menus and ui/models allowed us to get a couple of the PSP slots to work when we couldn't get them to show, but beyond that, nobody knows where to look.
So although its a good idea to compare files between the two games, we dont really know where to look, or what to look for.

A couple of updates. First, I found the effects, and I finished Cable's. Cannonball's are next, followed by X-Man, and thereafter Dark Phoenix. :P

Secondly, I can't get 15001.IGB or 15101.IGB to show up on the drop down character select menu. The dialog heads show up fine, just not the select ones. :-X

January 30, 2007, 05:40PM #10 Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:49PM by BliZZ
Well, it looks like PSP XML2 animations aren't very compatible. I'll have to see if I can place the animations themselves into other animation packs. For now, 10_archangel is my adequate placeholder for Cannonball and 115_cable is my placeholder for Cable. His Bionic Arm, as well as all combos/basic moves, have their animations already built into it! :)

As you can see, Cannonball is gonna need a mesh with his legs counted as a bolton. But I know tommy's swamped, so I won't request one until, at the very earliest, he finishes with Cable.

Quote from: BliZZ on January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Iron Man (Unlockable): 100% (Official, slot 15) - already in MUA

I noticed that in the listing above, Iron Man from XML2 is suggested as being 100% converted to MUA.
I had previously gotten a response from a MUA modder that this model of IM (which appears in the display case in MUA 's Stark Tower) is actually built as a display object and is unusable as a new suit for Iron Man. So seeing this here has my hopes up again. Did someone already take the time to convert this suit from XML2? This is the 'Heroes Reborn' armor, and would make an awesome addition to the IM armory of suits in MUA. Can someone clarify this? Is this suit available as a mod?
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

February 04, 2007, 10:24PM #12 Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:46PM by Noelemahc
No, the 100% means he's just included in the game. Bear in mind, our goal is to work over the characters that AREN'T in MUA. As for the armor... I honestly don't remember whether that particular armor was in XML2. If so, then by all means, it can be converted.

EDIT: Yup, there it is. Chalk it up for my weakness in Armor Lore. I'll get it done right about now, a'ight?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

OH! OH! look! look! tugs at grilfriends arm can I have one too,slaped it back of head told to shut up... sneaks off to dl ;D
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!