Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Philip on February 07, 2008, 12:24PM
Blizz I dont know if you have the files, but could you upload Rogue? With the missing theft power?...incomplete to be exact..
I hope it's not too much of a trouble.

I don't think BliZZ will do that for quite some time because:
1. the mod needs to be rebuilt from scratch again
2. the mod needs at least 2 more costumes that BliZZ wanted
3. Someone complained that the modders should not upload mods that still need work
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1228.msg23045#msg23045

I thought several people made Rogue,they just didn't upload her for the incomplete power.
Thanks for the info though, Iammingy.

Quote from: iammingy on February 07, 2008, 12:30PM
3. Someone complained that the modders should not upload mods that still need work
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1228.msg23045#msg23045

Actually - I don't mind half done mods. I was just complaining that they had loose ends. That is if only two powers work then fine - have only two powers. What bothers me is if there are 10 powers, but only two work. And that still wasn't my problem. I only asked how I can remove that 8 non working ones for my personal version.

BTW - why don't you use the 'power duplication' power (photographic reflexes or whatever it was called) of Ronin as power theft for Rogue? It isn't exactly thiefery, but you'd still be using other powers and it would be somewhat fitting for Rogue as well - after all she did keep some stolen powers.

PS: I'd be pretty happy about a Rouge sans Power Theft as well. (I still have that alpha - but it has 3 defunct powers - Torpedo, Power Theft and Xtreme. The latter is what bothers me the most BTW. Tried to fix it myself, but failed miserably).

How come nobody wants to convert Dark Phoenix?

I'm thinking about the XML2 Mod.

I would love to convert it but I don't know how!

I will if someone shows me how!

I know it's off-topic now...:)

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Quote from: Sidewinder on February 08, 2008, 02:43AM
BTW - why don't you use the 'power duplication' power (photographic reflexes or whatever it was called) of Ronin as power theft for Rogue? It isn't exactly thiefery, but you'd still be using other powers and it would be somewhat fitting for Rogue as well - after all she did keep some stolen powers.

Was working on that- but Wolvy's healing factor and Cyc's beam had both giving me trouble (Jean's TK, Storm's Lightning, Iceman's beam and Gambit's cards had all worked fine). Then I lost my files :( Hopefully I'll get back to her at some point.

Also, Added a bunch of mannequin and linked to Norrin Radd's new thread for Cable.

It's not an easy thing to do.  If there's someone you want converted, it's probably better to ask for them in the Requests forum.

Quote from: Teancum on February 25, 2008, 12:41PM
It's not an easy thing to do.  If there's someone you want converted, it's probably better to ask for them in the Requests forum.

What could he want converted? Rogue? There isn't too much else left :laugh:

Well, I guess it could be Cannonball. I *think* he has been done, but it couldn't look right imo until/unless someone gets us some Cannonball skins with bolt-on lower bodies, like in the PSP version. Otherwise, he'll always look off.

Quote from: muafan on February 25, 2008, 12:58PM
i jst wanna know how u do it! (if tht sounds dirty, GWT UR HEAD OUT OF THE GOD DAMN MOTHERF***CKING GUTTER!!)

Unless you want banned, I'd never, ever do that again.

no, a unique mod for xml2....magik and mydtique ....i didnt nessaceraly mean one from the vanilla XML2.
QuoteUnless you want banned, I'd never, ever do that again.
I'LL MODIFY IT... NOW..

The short answer is that the 'language' used is the same for XML2 and MUA.  So you'd think converting it over would be simple (well, it is for folks like BliZZ :P).  But in reality there's a lot more subtle stuff.  Adjusting the talent and powerstyles to match MUA values, coming up with a second animation set (MUA uses two, XML2 usus one), a mannequin, etc.  I myself have never done it.  Boreman, BliZZ, and a few others have.

Quote from: BliZZ on March 14, 2007, 01:49PM
Fixed Cyclops, complete with a grab-smash stolen from Spider-Woman.

http://marvelmods.com/blizz/ConvertedXMLCharacters/cyclops.rar

I'm updating the first post, to reflect these updates.

Does anyone still have this version of Cyc?  It's the only version that will work on the PS2/Xbox.

how can i use phoenix plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss helllllllllllllllllp me