Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Holy... That's AWESOME!!!

Thanks man, you guys rock! Unbelievably cool.

I'm going to post to see if TommyBoy can include this in his Avengers package... that way you could have this in with the other IM armors... that would make 7 to pick from. Yup... fanboy freakin out.

Seriously, thanks for the effort.

Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

February 05, 2007, 11:07AM #16 Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:16AM by The Four-Eyed Avenger
Heroe Reborn Iron Man -- swoon!

Looks like I'm going to have to replace one of the existing Iron Man skins with THIS one ( most likely the default "modern armor," which is my least favorite anyway! ).

MANY thanks!

:)

EDITED TO ADD:  How cool would it be to take all the available Iron Man skins and re-order them so that they appeared in chronological order in the game (gold armor first, then the MKIII, then classic red-and-gold, then the Heroes Reborn, then the default "Modern Armor," and the Ultimate armor last).

Hmmm -- sounds like a project for someone.  Where is that guy who did the Iron Mod add-on for Freedom Force?

:D

Got the Heroes reborn armor working -- and LOVING it!  MANY thanks, Noelemahc!

I'm now using it in place of the Ultimates armor -- now I just need to figure out how to replace that UGLY Utlimates portrait with a proper head shot.

GREAT stuff, though!

February 22, 2007, 01:30PM #19 Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:33PM by Burning Rage
Quote from: BliZZ on January 26, 2007, 09:55AM
Rogue: about 75% (BliZZ, slot 208) - Power Theft refuses to work, as does Torpedo Strike, and, of course, the xtreme and icons

Well, I don't know if you've seen it or not, but while I was editing PS files in XML2, I noticed attributes for certain powers that read:

"cansteal = true"
or
"cansteal = false"

I'm assuming this is in reference to Rogue's power theft ability, since none of the other characters in XML2 steal powers.  Is this reference in any of the MUA power styles?  Maybe this is the reason Power Theft and Manic Slam refuse to work?  Once I get done manhandling the game engine in XML2, I'll look to see where the cansteal attribute is defined and see if I can't get it working in MUA if it hasn't been tried already.  *shrugs*
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

IIRC, cansteal is set to false on most, but not all, MUA characters. It is, however, defined for EVERYONE. Does this answer your question?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

February 23, 2007, 08:30AM #21 Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:14AM by BliZZ
Per Noel's post in that other thread, how do these sound (Cable already has one, as does cyc):

Bishop: Big ass M over his eye

Rogue: Flowing Brown/white hair

Phoenix: Big pic of a Phoenix rising (unless darkmythology already did one)

The rest: dunno

PS: Do we really want to adapt Dark Phoenix with her own powerset? Maybe the boss powerset, but the playable one? Even when she's already a Jean skin?

PPS: Topic updated to include XML1 chars :P

PPPS: First post updated to include downloads for the nearly finished chars (Cyc/Cable) Downloads will be kept fully up to date (for instance, Cable includes aerophex's updated ps and Noel's newer hud icon)

PPPPS: Since herostat/npcstat are getting crazy with so many different chars, should the char definition (like I did w/ Cyc) be placed in this thread or does that warrant its own thread?

The Boss powerset and leave it at that. We can salvage the PSP icons for someone else's use :D

Pyro should have his legendary firebirds. This will take lots of searching and scanning, but I think I've had a high-res image on file.

Sabretooth would do well with bared fangs.

Bishop MAY look nice with the M-Men banner from Bishop: Last X-Man. Or maybe that horrifying piece of history is too obscure a source?

Sunfire should have a mushroom cloud, because he is the embodiment of nuclear fire, unlike Pyro and like Firestar.

Gambit needs some scattered cards, among which an Ace of Spades and the Queen of Hearts should definitely be present :D Though every other piece of his cover art has cards in one way or another XD

Toad... leaves me worrying.

Scarlet Witch can have a congregation of mystical symbols?

Magneto needs the helmet's slightly simplified outline surrounded by mangled metal :D

Colossus, Wolverine, Iceman, Storm, Deadpool and Iron Man are already covered, right?

Xavier would work well with either any of his "to me, my X-Men" poses (tips of fingers to his temples, we just show the hands and the bald top of his head, surround it with FX or summat). Or just the Cerebro designs. Or any of the X-doors :D

I agree on Jean having the Phoenix Raptor, though we maybe should go with the stylized image off the Phoenix Uniform rather than the actual FLAME bird?

Beast... That's a great question. A transition from a jagged tear done obviously by claws to a row of test tubes and beakers? (like Echo, for instance, transitions from her face to a sword)

Nightcrawler. BAMF!

Rogue... Maybe a hand in her classic uniform, ungloved, touching someone's skin?

Angel! Or we do not yet plan a playable Angel? In any case, this should be feathers, either live or steel, depending on our focus on Archangel the Horseman.

Juggernaut. The Crimson Gem, transition to the helmet's outline?

Psylocke. In the older days, I would've gone for the Crimson Dawn insignia, but now... A purple slash of her blade? It has a very specific recognizable shape, after all.

Jubilee. Sparkles! Yeah, lame, but so is her powerset. Someone out there hasn't been reading Generation X.

Emma Frost. A vision of her diamond-form face with frosting on the edges of the image?

This, IIRC, covers all the XML1 and 2 playables that aren't in MUA. Right?

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

February 23, 2007, 09:15AM #23 Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:28AM by BliZZ
Angel's being worked on by darkm, but since he wasn't officially playable, he can't be converted  :D

PS: I'm gonna go ahead and remove Dark P from the list, since you and I apparently see eye-to-eye on that situation. I'm also going to remove the 6 lines which say nothing other than 'we don't need to do this'. They seem fairly useless to me :P

Don't worry guys, I haven't been up to nothing.

I've stolen slot 211 for him. I've just gotta edit his talent file (I already removed 1 attack), work on his xtreme, add passives to his costumes, fix up Thing's grab-move to work, and I need icons. Yeah, just :P

it´s possible get a cannonball for xml2?
Where i can found him? :o

February 23, 2007, 12:57PM #26 Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:59PM by Noelemahc
"Heeeeeere's Juggy!" (as seen on the X3 DVD in the Deleted Scenes section)
God, why didn't they put THIS into the movie instead of that silly "I'm the Juggernaut, b*tch!" line?
For Thing's grab move, remember to use Thing's interact_victim.igb :D Yesss.
And the icons... I'm getting there, remember?
Quote from: sesaru1984 on February 23, 2007, 12:52PM
it´s possible get a cannonball for xml2?
Where i can found him? :o
On the PSP.
It's not possible to PLAY as him on the PC yet, that's what we're trying to do here.

Crimson Dynamo says:

I know, I'm just pointing it out. By the by, the attack I dropped was 'Widowmaker' and the xtreme I'm going to have to drop is, sadly, 'Path of Destruction'  :-[(for balancing purposes)

Yeah, we WILL have to part ways with all the Xtreme Buffs, because they would unbalance MUA's already faulty power situation even further (*weeps for Will of the Goddess*). Some of them can be reworked into passives though, name, icons and effects, you know :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

February 23, 2007, 01:45PM #29 Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:22PM by BliZZ
And... Juggs' xtreme now operates like Cable's and Cyc's (everything is fine except it doesn't chain if Jugg is the one who executes his)

Now I'm to complete the very tedious job of adjusting power values. Juggs doesn't have hard powers to fix like my other 3 XML2 chars, so he may be close to done soon.

EDIT: Visual Proof:

This is only when another char sets off the chain - when he does, only he executes and the name bar doesn't come up (same as Cyc and Cable)