Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
On a VERY exciting note, JUGG'S XTREME NOW WORK 100%!! I'll have to compare how exactly I squeaked out a working XML2 xtreme, and go back and fix Cyc's and Cable's.

Also, Jugg's moveset is done, but even with Thing's files, the grab smash doesn't work. I'll have to keep digging.

Awesome Blizz!  Looking forward to the release! (and anything you find about his Xtreme :P

Pow! Blam! Kazam! Cyc's xtreme is fixed!

This is HIM starting the chain, guys. Cable's is the next to be fixed. Then I'll up the 2 updated files, and get back to fixing Jugg's grab-smash, adding passives to his costumes, and waiting for his icons :P

February 23, 2007, 06:31PM #33 Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 07:50AM by BliZZ
First post updated with fixed xtreme versions of Cyc and Cable! Also, herostat definitions have been placed below them.

Now I'm off to go spruce up Juggernaut :P

EDIT: Fixed an icon error for Cyclops, uploaded the fixed pack (in the first post) Also, I can't get the damn grab-smash to work. Still don't know why.

Well, with Juggs at a standstill of sorts, (I can't get the goddam grab-smash to work!) I've moved on to my next victim.

Slot 212, mates. As you can see, I've used his XML2 attack animations and his XML1 menu animations (to separate him from Moon Knight a little :P)

Hi I´m new here but I have been seing your mod works and I have some questions (note that I don´t actually understand anything about moding and stuff).

Now Cyclops and Cable are almost complete and my question is we have to replace someone on the game for those guys right? Like replacing Fury for Cyclops. Cyke doesnt appear in the select character screen does he? Thanks in advance. The same for Cable

Now about Phoenix, here is that faq thread? Sorry for the ignorance but I really don´t know lol. She was made from the XML1/2 or from the MUA skin? And she will have her normal powers or she will have Dark Phoenix powers (from PSP)?

Sorry for all the questions but since I´m enjoing your work here, I wanted to put some questions. Hope you don´t mind  ;)

Can I suggest/request that rather than randomly and arbitrarily assigning Actor numbers to the XML characters, that we adopt a policy of shifting them up by ten?
So Gambit who in XML2 is 1301 in MUA becomes 1311.
There are three or four reasons why I prefer this:
1. I already have Mods where both Magneto and Cable have been assigned to 210, and there are only likely to be more of these overlaps if people keep going "I want 205 for character Y".
2. It means renaming less files, and less editing of the PKGB files to retain 13_Gambit rather than 210_gambit, and even means some of the editing of PKGB files can be done with a simple hex edit rather than decompile/edit/recompile, as the same number of digits is involved, rather than a switch from 2 to 3 digit numbers.
3. It maintains a consistency with the XML numbering system. Anyone familiar with the old game can look for gambit at 13*something* rather than poring through every number between 1 and 250 and guessing what number the person 'porting him felt like assigning him that day.
4. We ARE going to run out of numbers that are "xx00"(or "xxx00" quite soon, so we will have to start filling in the gaps between xx06 and xx99, so we might as well do it in a consistent manner, rather than on an ad hoc basis.

Of course, I understand that others may ignore this request, or regard it as unnecessary, but I have got 30 working characters added to my game now, so if I subscribed to the "two hundred and something" school of numbering, I'd already have run out.
Theres still a danger of "number overlap" even with my proposed "shift up 10" system, but MUCH less chance than the current "think of a number between 200 and 250" system. 

Tommy, can we please cut down on mirror-posting? Can't you post a suggestion in ONE place (in this case, the CCC(CC) thread) and simply LINK to it from other places, so we wouldn't have seven separate debates on one issue? Thanks in advance.
QuoteNow about Phoenix, here is that faq thread? Sorry for the ignorance but I really don´t know lol. She was made from the XML1/2 or from the MUA skin? And she will have her normal powers or she will have Dark Phoenix powers (from PSP)?
Let's tackle this mess in order.

By "FAQs" BliZZ meant the old mod thread we've had @ GameFAQs before we moved here. You won't find it, as they delete threads older than a certain date, and we talked that thread all the way through to the point where it automatically locked due to having too many posts and, eventually, slid past the chop-off date.

For the details on the port, however, you should ask darkmythology, not us; although if I had to guess, I'd say he was using XML2 files because that's the most sensible approach. Yeah.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Oh. Silly me. Which, again, shows the necessity of linking back to whichever thread were you talking about :P

I wonder if we can squeeze a progress report out of darkmyth though...

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Ok thanks a lot. Now about Cyke and Cable. Do we have to replace someone to put them in and do the appear at the select character screen? Oh and for someone who has the Colossus/Moon Knight pack, is there any problem with putting this new characters?
I´m asking all this because I would really like to play with Cyke, Phoenix and Cable (my fav marvel character), so sorry for being boring about this. Still loving your work.

Thanks  :D

Quote from: Noelemahc on February 24, 2007, 12:01PM
Tommy, can we please cut down on mirror-posting? Can't you post a suggestion in ONE place (in this case, the CCC(CC) thread) and simply LINK to it from other places, so we wouldn't have seven separate debates on one issue? Thanks in advance.

Yes, sorry, I was thinking in "sort out skin numbers" mode rather than "make the board readable" mode.
I'll cross post this in the other thread too.
Just kidding...

February 24, 2007, 05:52PM #42 Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 05:58PM by Burning Rage
As per continuation of my post in this thread, here is the progress thus far...

As you can see, I have team bonuses and such for her.  I also have a power set, as a few examples are shown.  There are a few bugs I need to tweak, and I have a couple more icons to make.  Other than that, she's ready to roll soon.  Oh, and since Emma does have a voice file in XML2 (granted, it's not a whole lot, but she still does have some sounds), I have made use of what I can out of it.

EDIT:  Scaling down screenshots...  Photobucket usually scales them down automatically.  *shrugs*
EDIT2:  Ahh...  Much better.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Hm well I still don´t know how to put Cyke in my game. I downloaded him but still don´t know how to put it. Some help would be appreciated.

Quote from: Noelemahc on February 24, 2007, 12:12PM

I wonder if we can squeeze a progress report out of darkmyth though...

My report: I've been stuck in the dreaded real world lately. This is the first I've been on my own computer in about a weekish, aside from a couple minutes here and there. About all I managed was some relaxation time to whip up a spider-armour spidey skin, that I'm still trying to make look more shiny, instead of just a steely gray...

Oh, I think someone asked about the phoenix skins I made. For them, I used the MUA phoenix skin, and simply inserted the edited images into it. Mostly, it was convenient, since I only had to use one set of offsets for the files, and I had already gathered the MUA phoenix offsets. No other reason than that really.

As far as progress, well, I'm really much more into the skinning and talent file building aspects of the game. Creating new characters and whatnot. I can figure out the odd technical aspect, but really, it's getting out of my league. I'll still keep plodding along at it, but I have a feeling I'll be much more likely to be editing skins and such than I will be figuring out the next big breakthrough in making Cyclops sound like a whiny pansy instead of Dr. Doom :)