Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote(PS: This ain't his voice: it is his power sounds. You need that 114 meg file for his voice.) (PPS: Tell me after you've gotten it, I gotta take it down after. Space = Power)

Yep, I realized that while playing tonight. I already DLed that biggy file to run Juggernaut, so feel free to pull it. Thanks!

Dark - I dropped the effects files you sent me for Vic into effects/char/sabre folder, but I'm still getting nothing. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm not sure what. Suggestion?  :D

Quote from: Cates on March 19, 2007, 09:09PM
I already DLed that biggy file to run Juggernaut, so feel free to pull it. Thanks!

I meant the little one (which is down now) The big one is staying up (it ain't my space, it is sendspace's space :D)

Quote from: Cates on March 19, 2007, 09:09PM
QuoteDark - I dropped the effects files you sent me for Vic into effects/char/sabre folder, but I'm still getting nothing. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm not sure what. Suggestion?  :D

Right folder, but my effects files used the improperly spelled "saber" for the folder name. Make my same typo, and they should work for ya ;)

I've been messing around with some success in the powers files, and thought while I'm learning, I might as well work on something that might result in a release. Since no one seems to be jumping to convert Pyro, I thought I might use him as my guinea pig. As I don't have XML2 on PC, I was wondering if someone could upload his pertinent files (actors/data/effects/models/packages/whatever) so I could tinker with them. Thanks in advance!

Have Fun

Make sure to drop his xtreme boost, as well as lower his # of attacks to 4 or 5.

Also, you MAY want to change 1 or more of his boosts, we don't want him and Sunfire to be the EXACT same (unlike in xml2 :D).

Thanks, Blizz!

I'll give it a go.

QuoteAlso, you MAY want to change 1 or more of his boosts, we don't want him and Sunfire to be the EXACT same (unlike in xml2 ).

Anyone actively working on Sunfire? If so, we should coordinate which boosts and powers are being planned for Shiro so we DON'T end up with the same character.

I would say one of the 2 should have 4 attacks, the other 5 (preferably Shiro w/ 4, since he already has flight)

Fire Bats is Pyro's only unique move, so make sure to keep that one.

I was planning on fire bat, and your suggestion on attacks makes sense.

Is slot 216 claimed for any character? I didn't see it spoken for in any of the forums. If not, that'll be Pyro's.

Pyro SHOULD NOT have the ignite move that Sunfire/Human Torch use to p0wn enemies behind walls. Pyro cannot generate fire on his own, he needs to shoot it from his toys...

and Human Torch's first power (Flamethrower?) is something Pyro should be doing... but it's so weak -_-

well... I actually like Human Torch's Flamethrower...haha
I tend to use it when there are a few enemies in front of me.

Here's a plan for Pyro and Sunfire's powers that will limit overlap:

PYRO
Breath of Fire(Special)   
Flaming Pillar(Radial)
Fire Bats(Projectile)
Fire Blade (Melee) - More suited to Pyro's fire-shaping abilities
Fire Blast(Projectile)
Torch Fury(Boost)
Flame Shield (Boost)
WILDFIRE (Xtreme)

SUNFIRE
Ignite (Blast)      
Flamethrower (Special)
Atomic Charge (Projectile) - Sunfire's better here because of the radiation damage
Blazing Barrage   (Projectile)
Flaming Fury   (Boost)
Ion Shield   (Boost)
SUPER NOVA   (Xtreme)
Flight
Fire Immunity - Sunfire's immune to fire; Pyro's only immune to fire he controls

With this plan, for attack powers they're only sharing the Flamethrower/Breath of Fire power and Fire Bats/Blazing barrage, which should have different effects so it wont SEEM like it's the same power. Sunfire gets fewer powers because of flight and fire immunity. Obviously, the boosts and the Xtremes are the same, though maybe tweaking the boost durations or damage/defense differenlty could again make it seem less like the two have the same powerset.

Don't know if whoever is working on Sunfire agrees with all this, but it's just a suggestion to diversify the characters a little.

March 23, 2007, 05:08PM #131 Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:11PM by iammingy
QuoteFire Immunity - Sunfire's immune to fire; Pyro's only immune to fire he controls

Great point! :)

QuoteFire Blade (Melee) - More suited to Pyro's fire-shaping abilities

Hmmm... I disagree with this statement.  Since Sunfire is skilled in karate, Fire Blade (the animation is a horizontal karate chop) is more suitable for him than Pyro. You can replace Sunfire's Blazing Barrage with Fire Blade and replace Pyro's Fire Blade with Human Torch's Fireballs. Otherwise, your list looks pretty good! :)

EDIT: one more thing, flight isn't really a power in MUA, right? I presume you can just add a line for flight in the herostat... :runaway:

Noooooooo.. Blazing Barrage = Shiro's only unique move!

Hmmmm... how about dropping Shiro's Flamethrower for the Blade?

PS: While I agree it fits Shiro, it also fits Pyro and his fire-shaping. I like that Pyro moveset and just make this fix to Shiro's and I like his to. The problem, as it were, is that Torch stole BOTH of their boosts, so unless we want 3 chars with the same boosts, I'd drop at least one version of each.

PPS: FYI, both Torch AND GR are flame resistant, as well :runaway:

Quote from: BliZZ on March 23, 2007, 05:20PM
Noooooooo.. Blazing Barrage = Shiro's only unique move!

hahhaha, you really think so? Why is it unique to him? It's the skill that fires multiple fire balls at once, right?

QuoteThe problem, as it were, is that Torch stole BOTH of their boosts, so unless we want 3 chars with the same boosts, I'd drop at least one version of each.

Yeah, I agree. hmmm, may be dropping the Flaming Fury (Boost) from Sunfire and Pyro...?

I was thinking more like drop Flaming Fury from one and the Fire Shield from the other (replacing them w/ new boosts, of course)

RE: BBarage: It is unique to him b/c it is the only one Pyro DOESN'T have (it was replaced by the quite different Fire Bats) :thumbsup: