Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteI like that Pyro moveset and just make this fix to Shiro's and I like his to. The problem, as it were, is that Torch stole BOTH of their boosts, so unless we want 3 chars with the same boosts, I'd drop at least one version of each.

Yeah, I didn't want to give them both the flamethrower power (again, because Torch already has it), but I also didn't really think the blade fit Shiro. However, I didn't think about the martial arts skills of Shiro when dropping the blade from his arsenal. I'll put that back in the plans.

BTW, since no one seems to have spoken up for Sunfire--and since we're talking plans--if you want to upload his files sometime I'll go ahead and be the resident "Fireman" and work on them both.  :D

Quoteone more thing, flight isn't really a power in MUA, right? I presume you can just add a line for flight in the herostat...

No, it's not a power, but for balance purposes, I thought having both flight and FI made it sensible to plan to give Sunfire one less power.

QuoteI was thinking more like drop Flaming Fury from one and the Fire Shield from the other (replacing them w/ new boosts, of course)

They both seem to fit Pyro better than Sunfire, to me, creating like firey boxing gloves  :naughty: for his buddies and shaping the fire around him as a defensive measure. I suppose, If I'd split them, I'd give the Flaming Fury to Pyro and his fire-sculpting and give the Fire Shield boost to the atomic powered (and therefore dangerous to stand close to) Sunfire.

Suggestions for boost replacements are welcome . . . Do other stock characters from either game have a boost that makes sense for one of them?

Or something custom, like an "Intensify" boost that increases the fire dmg for Sunfire for a time? Hmm . . . my imagination is outstripping my meager modding skills . .  . :nervous:

Go custom, dude. Trust me, it'll be easier after you've messed around for a bit.

http://marvelmods.com/blizz/xml2sunfire.rar

In terms of grab-smash, how about Torch's for Sunfire (since he flies) and Spider-Woman's (with fire dmg, not energy) for Pyro? Sure, I already used Spider-Woman's for Cyc, but we are gonna get an official MUA Cyc in the foreseeable future.

If you need help w/ anything, holler. The 8 or so wip characters I had started taught me a lot :runaway:

Quote from: Cates on March 23, 2007, 06:22PM
No, it's not a power, but for balance purposes, I thought having both flight and FI made it sensible to plan to give Sunfire one less power.

Ok, understood! :)

QuoteSuggestions for boost replacements are welcome . . . Do other stock characters from either game have a boost that makes sense for one of them?

Or something custom, like an "Intensify" boost that increases the fire dmg for Sunfire for a time? Hmm . . . my imagination is outstripping my meager modding skills . .  . :nervous:
How about the XML2 Xtreme Boost as a normal boost? ;D haha

Rising Sun (Boost, Xtreme): Requires Level 20. Makes Sunfire invincible and doubles his damage.
(Level 20): 15 seconds
(Level 25): 22 seconds
(Level 30): 30 seconds
(Level 35): 37 seconds
(Level 40): 45 seconds

Maybe not invincible.... but reducing damage taken and increasing damage dealt (using those effects/anim) ain't a bad idea.

March 23, 2007, 07:35PM #139 Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 08:06PM by Cates
QuoteIn terms of grab-smash, how about Torch's for Sunfire (since he flies) and Spider-Woman's (with fire dmg, not energy) for Pyro?

I like it. Wouldn't have considered switching the dmg type until you suggested it.

QuoteHow about the XML2 Xtreme Boost as a normal boost?  haha

Not a bad idea, really, though I agree with Blizz on the invicible thing. That would give Sunfire one damage boost and one defensive (if Fire Shield stays). Plus, it'd be a shame for the name "Rising Sun" to go away . . .

As for Pyro, maybe a custom debuff called "Sweltering" or "Mercury Rising" or something, that heats things up and reduces enemies' combat effectiveness.

Those are both some nice ideas for Sunfire and Pyro.  Nice brainstorming guys! :idea:

March 24, 2007, 05:36PM #141 Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:38PM by BliZZ
No, I don't mind at all. This isn't my thread, it is a converted characters thread.

Although, if I were you, I wouldn't put much more work into a custom Mags, seeing as how we'll be getting an official one in a couple of weeks :D

EDIT: Which reminds me, closer to the release (or maybe even AFTER the release) of the DLC, i'm gonna remove Mags, Toothy, Cyc, and Crawler from the list on the first page :runaway:

March 24, 2007, 06:34PM #142 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 05:14PM by cvc
Sorry bout that got like 8 mods going on to dig through so if all files are not there I git them

http://h1.ripway.com/cvc/magnetov2.1.zip
make sure to check herostat take only Magneto as to not crapout yours
edit not sure about the # so you might to change it I just went and changed them all to that one.

updated if its missing files let me know will update :magneto:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

March 25, 2007, 04:28PM #144 Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 04:47PM by cvc
Give me a couple days to find it all and fine tune it.Still got to add more powers and work out a few #@#$%! bugs also get that coil around vics waiste right.BTW it don't get any better than Magneto picking up a person with mental on them and slinging them in to someone else or wall but weak hand to hand. also I love to have a darkness model to work with.

March 26, 2007, 07:18AM #145 Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 10:22PM by cvc
OK THX if you want to take over the world here's the guy to do it.He has no extreme he don't need it by the time you get him leveled up about three diff ones you could call extreme only use APOC out of this herostat.People will most likely add more to him but he is powerful.

I left sound out so make sure you get x_voice off first page its already defined in the herostat may have missed a file if so let me know I got it enjoy :naughty:

edit: added the sound file character been changed to characters and boltons changed to bolton.

March 26, 2007, 08:01AM #146 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 08:09AM by aerophex
Thanks CVC I'll try it out and give it some feedback.
On first glance... you spelled the dir "ACTERS" need to be "ACTORS" in your zip file

*EDIT* What is his sound directory?

:confused:

I tried the Apocalypse Mod but there are no Powers, and no light Punch, when I use the button for it, he just holds his hands and does no damage. There is no animations also on the selection Screen, he just stands there and the talent file has Ms. Marvel attacks in it.   

ya same here, no powers either.  I get some kinda light punch, it looks like an elbow, and it does do damage, but it does not chain. 

he sure does look pretty though