Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 27, 2007, 08:06PM #150 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:40PM by cvc
aerophex well its updated still had to leave the extreme out for now,will get it working later its that when you use the extreme you get stuck in slomo and can't get out,as far as the combos go I would have to drop his clap and stomp and don't want that,just try him and level him up he is very mighty but don't want him uber. let me know about that stomp and clap those are his moves and need to be there darn thing works great on my rig but I got files all over the place. BTW if you still can't get animations to work I may have to re # the whole thing to avoid trying to run with someone else's mod?
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Did you Upload the file at the previous link.

If so, the Powers still don't show up and I think you forgot to Include the boltons because the boltons shown in the herostat.engb are not present in the directory specified.

March 28, 2007, 03:42AM #152 Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:50AM by cvc
Yes in the apoc link I just now used it and they are there in the models folder where they belong. Guys I dont understand this mod plays great for me every time.however I want you to enjoy it so I will go over it one more time.

I noticed a few mistakes :

1. The packages\generated\characters folder is named as packages\generated\character in the Mod.

2. The models\bolton folder is named as models\boltons in the Mod.

So Now the powers Show up but when you see the details it still shows Ms Marvel instead of Apocalypse.

And the Light Punch\Kick is now working but it still doesn't combo.

March 28, 2007, 04:51AM #154 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 12:19PM by cvc
yeah I just havent changed the def from Ms.Marvel yet don't worry I get to it, its still all Apoc so play it for awhile and you'll see,as for the combos that clap and kick are Apoc move's but I'll try to put a combo in for you just don't want to lose his moves.I like his teleport.So back to work on some others for now, I'll get back to this later.

edit: all spelling mistakes fixed,added combos.

March 30, 2007, 11:04PM #155 Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:25PM by Cates
Here's a quick update on Pyro before I take my bleary eyes to bed. It's going surprisingly well for my first conversion

Powers:
*Flamethrower/Breath of Fire is not working at all. The fire doesn't shoot at the correct angle and doesn't always stop when you release the button. This appears to be the biggest hurdle for me at the moment as I've got no clue on things like attack bone angles, etc.

*Animation isn't working on Fire Blade. The blade-slashing effect goes around him and it deals damage, but Pyro doesn't do the karate chop motion following the power-up flex. If nothing else, it could be renamed to "Flame Razor" or "Fire Wheel" something with a new description, "Sends a thin arc of fire around his body, damaging nearby enemies." Still working on that one.

*"Mercury Rising" -- dmg reduction boost - Done and working

*Flaming Pillar, Fire Bats, Fire Blast, Torch Fury--all updated to MUA standards and working fine

*Modified his WILDFIRE Xtreme so it no longer does radiation damage (which is out of character in my opinion) but instead does only "wildly varying" fire damage. He has the potential to do more damage than any other Xtreme--as well as the potential to do less than any other's. (Hence, "WILD"fire). Perma slow elminated, chaining working beautifully.

Other stuff:
*Grab smash was working until I tried to sub fire effects for Spider-Woman's energy effects. That threw off the animation timing and resulted in enemies being choked while hanging in the air, sort of Vader-style. Several attempts to adjust the timing met with abject failure. Back to the drawing board.

*Major lack in skins and HUDs; Only the two XML1 skins and no HUDs at the moment.

*Icons are working from a file Noel did a ways back.

*Sounds are working great -- "G'day mate" has become my fave MUA insult for a defeated foe :)

*Costume bonuses forthcoming: He's going to get a "Kerosene Tank" energy bonus on the classic costume, for one.

*Also added Torch's flaming hand animation to one of Pyro's hands on the menu screen.

Yeah, we need more Avengers! I know tommy did her already, but he didn't adjust her values to balance her (he was busy making those hundred or so meshes :laugh:)

So... here's Wanda!

Firing a butt-load of hex-bolts. I changed her base attack so it was a multi-hex, combining it with another hex attack to cut her list down to 5 attacks.

What's this? Wanda... in flight? In an Activision game?

Combusting those in-air baddies (they aren't there, just imagine they are :thumbsup:)

I figured out how to bolt a cape on, also!

The problem with the cape, as it were, is that I CANNOT seem to make it bolt onto certain costumes and NOT others (Goddam Force Works/Modern costume!)

I've still got a lot to do (well, not really, but c'mon). She already has Strange's grab-smash. I need to fix the cape thing. Misfortune is being a major pain in my ass, but then her movelist is done. I gotta add passives to her costumes. And I need an Ultimates costume (2 additional costumes would be nice, but aren't needed for a release)

April 01, 2007, 08:49PM #157 Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:28PM by cvc
That is well amazeing  :jumping: with everything you got going on I sure hope you can find the time to do more your really great thanks
that butt load of hex effect is so wicked can't stop looking at it.

Red cape. Bolton. How??????

Sorry. In English: I've been able to bolt on the two capes from XML2, but one is barely-there green, the other aquamarine and jagged. Which cape is this that I've likely just completely missed....(need it for Acolyte Colossus and Morph...)...also, yes, we need to be able to make it only appear on certain costumes...

Quotewe need to be able to make it only appear on certain costumes...
The skinfilter argument injected into the bolton definition section. *nodnod*
Quotebut one is barely-there green
And of course it's impossible to recolour the cape textures like we did with the character skins?  :scratchhead: [/Sarcastic Central]

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yep. I recolored the green. And, as you can see, I need to re-re-color it :P

PS: Noel, skinfilter DOESN'T work. I already tried that. (I tried all the obvious methods)

I second the typical skinfilter method. I've only tried recolouring the other of the two capes, and it never turned out correctly once it was edited. Some of us have been doing this long enough to know to try the obvious ya know  :applause:

That Wanda update is looking good.
As/when I update my meshes, she will be in the first wave.
Re: the bolton cape and "try the obvious" suggestions, have you tried alpha'ing the cape out on the costumes you don't want? Just a thought. You wouldnt need an alpha layer on the visible ones, to avoid blotching, but it might work to hide it. 

tommy... I don't understand what you are saying. There is one cape model for all the skins, so how am I supposed to black out the alpha without f'ing up the cape?

Modern/Force Works - Doesn't need cape
Gypsy - Could go either way
Classic - Needs Cape

Ergh... the cape is annoying me. I'm prepared to just give up and release it sans cape (and perhaps add a Classic one that tommy does, after he gets back to meshing)

In other news, I fixed misfortune. Now I am off to add passives to the costumes.

Quote from: BliZZ on April 01, 2007, 09:20PM
PS: Noel, skinfilter DOESN'T work. I already tried that. (I tried all the obvious methods)
You DO remember that it goes into the powerstyle and NOT into the herostat, right? Like DD's per-skin batons are done.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.