Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Puhleez. Number 1 on 'shoulda been playable' is Avalanche. Trust me, if you had been around in the 'which chars do you hope are in' phase, Mags, Juggs, Pyro, and Avalanche topped those lists on the BHood side. O course, Sunfire replaced Pyro and Avalanche just got shat on by everyone involved. :bawling:

April 03, 2007, 08:39AM #181 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:42AM by Cates
QuoteStaggering the powers should be pretty simple if you use an official character for reference.

Yeah, I realize as I'm building Sunfire's talent file that I didn't use the corresponding Power slot for each power on Pyro. First timers' mistake. I'll fix that. I'm using Thing as a model for Sunfire because he only has four attacks and life is good.

Incidentally, as I look ahead a little to Professor X, I'm wondering how his Xtreme will translate--the whole resurrection of allies and enemies (who in turn become friends). I haven't got far at all with Xavier as I'm focusing on the Fire Guys, but I'm not optimistic that mechanic will work in MUA.

One question: I never actually unlocked him in XML2--he did fight in his wheelchair, right? Not standing like Astral Xavier from XML1?

He stood. And it was hella lame. I put him on the list because I figgered some liked him, I never intended to personally put any effort into him.

April 03, 2007, 12:38PM #183 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 12:49PM by Teancum
Yeah, I'm thinking Prof X has to go for the Xbox modded version of XML2.

While I'm thinking about it, can you up the most recent Nightcrawler BliZZ?  It'll give me a head start on hexing him in.

Eww . . . Not good. I guess I won't bother with Chucky unless I get a skellie that will use a wheelchair.

Okay, really random question.  Does Gambit still use the fightstyle_default.igb posted in the first post?  I've got 70_gambit animations and 70_gambit_4_combat (obviously renamed).

Yes. He and Juggernaut do. I could always change Juggs to not, but Gambit HAS to because I used his XML1 skelie for menu (since MKnight uses his XML2 menu anims) and his XML2 skelie for powers.

Did you just inject his skelie into the igb or what?  Once I know where to start I'll be better off lolz.  I'm using the shipped XML2 'box models, so I'm assuming we're talking the skeleton in the anims.

Just a quick question:  Nightcrawler's swords are part of his character model, right?  Is there any way to "extract" them for use as say, a bolton?  Psychic katanas for Psylocke FTW...  pic
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

His skelie IS the anims, sorry for the confusion. XML1 is .igb and XML2 is _4_combat.igb. Therefore, he has NO MUA melee anims built in, he has to link to them externally.

And, yes, Crawler's swords are part of his model. You could check for a sword (from any sort of minion) in either MUA's (since Noel can hook you up w/ PS2 files) or Xml2's models/bolton, models/effects, or models/weapons. I don't know if any exist. I know there is a baseball bat, though. :rofl:

April 03, 2007, 07:54PM #190 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:04PM by Teancum
So then I could use MK's anims, but then I wouldn't get his power anims, would I?  Or are they stored in XX_gambit.igb?

Also, where does it specify which anims are used for what?  I was looking in ps_gambit and saw these lines:

(52 PICK UP)
   animenum = ea_power9 ;
   name = power9 ;

When I look in 212_gambit_4_combat, I see power_9, but not power9.

If you don't mind them having the same menu anims, you can move the _4_combat to the regular anims and take a MUA char's _4_combat to Gambit's. Then you would need to open it up and rename all the anim keys.

The atlantean_defender_sword from the models\bolton folder of MUA looks pretty damn hot.  I can recolor that no problem.  However, new effects is something I don't know how to do.  How can I make a purple color glow around it?

Get a purple _aura? I really don't know.

And those are same anim, btw. Random underscores are placed, get used to it :P

Meh.  I could try, but I don't know if that would take the shape of the sword.  I guess I'll have to wait until Noel is back on again and see if he knows a way.  Once I add a psychic katana attack to Psylocke's powers, then I'll be ready to roll.