Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought Psy's katana boltons (that are lying around loosely in XML1) were included in MUA, so I honestly hadn't bothered with checking how they would look in-the-game. I'll get back to y'all on this, 'kay?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: BliZZ on April 03, 2007, 07:59PM
If you don't mind them having the same menu anims, you can move the _4_combat to the regular anims and take a MUA char's _4_combat to Gambit's. Then you would need to open it up and rename all the anim keys.
So 70_gambit_4_combat becomes 70_gambit and 41_moonknight_4_combat becomes 70_gambit_4_combat, then I need to do hex replacements of the anim names?  So the game would still find Gambit's special anims for powers since they're in 70_gambit, correct?  I might just give him someone else besides moony's anims.  That would change up the character select and I could just not have his staff in regular melee combat.  Heck, a PSPer like Ronin/Widow/Marvel (using Hawkeye) could even work in that case.

No, now you are really complicating it. The game will look in 70_gambit for menu anims, so he WILL have Moony's if you change them like this.

Okay, all the _blade files of XML1 are the same psiblade we get in MUA. Feck.

Alright, for the glow, we need one of them aura thingamajigs some enemies have when they do the super-strong-melee-something-or-other. Yep. Attach it to the bolton, we're cool, right? Right? Then just tweak the colour. What's more disturbing is how do we make the sword model transparent for the genuinity :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

April 03, 2007, 08:56PM #199 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:00PM by Burning Rage
She has the psychic blade, which attaches to the back of her hands.  That is in both XML2 and MUA (I have all 3 files).  I am talking about making her psychic katanas as seen in the pic.  She can manifest blades on the back of her hand, and actual holdable katanas.  I got the blades done no problem.  I want katanas for an attack similar to nightcrawler's sword attack.

Psy Blades
Psy Katana

For the glow, do I have to write a new effects file?  Can you make a glow like that?  Or do you do an .igb file with a sprite?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Sorry to interrupt the Psylocke discussion (highly anticipated mod, BTW), but after several days and four hours tonight on the flamethrower power I can finally celebrate a little.

I gave up on trying to make the original effect for Pyro's flamethrower work in MUA. The angles were all off, as you can see:

No matter what I did, Pyro was the mutant who couldn't shoot straight. So I gave him Torch's effect (which looks cooler anyway), and ran into more issues, like Pyro locking forever in his flamethrower ani. Until a few minutes ago.

Yes, the screenie is bad, but the power's working. I need to fix the animation-to effects-timing, but after that he should be pretty much ready for playtesting.

QuoteFor the glow, do I have to write a new effects file?
If I were you, I'd first check if there are any blade-attached glows out there. Won't be able to say accurately, since we don't got an easy way of previewing effects, but still. It'd be a lot more easier to recolour an existing effect rather than create a new one from scratch.

Though... the psiblades' glow is defined IN the IGB, like the glow of the Fire Demons -- so there may be a way to do it (unless they specifically defined a shader in there, which would mean we are t3h f00ked).

Crimson Dynamo says:

Quote from: Burning Rage on April 03, 2007, 08:56PM
She has the psychic blade, which attaches to the back of her hands.  That is in both XML2 and MUA (I have all 3 files).  I am talking about making her psychic katanas as seen in the pic.  She can manifest blades on the back of her hand, and actual holdable katanas.  I got the blades done no problem.  I want katanas for an attack similar to nightcrawler's sword attack.

Psy Blades
Psy Katana

For the glow, do I have to write a new effects file?  Can you make a glow like that?  Or do you do an .igb file with a sprite?

You can wait for the DLC maybe they will have a seperate sword for nightcrawler

They already do, if you're not afraid to look into the MODELS/BOLTON folder.

Crimson Dynamo says:

I was thinking about Wolverine's rage power--criticized though it may be--in MUA and trying to come up with some other characters it might translate to. Here's a little brainstorm:  :idea:

What if Phoenix had a "rage" power that would shift her to Dark Phoenix when she "overuses" her power or something? Her skin changes to a DP skin and her powers become the Dark Phoenix powers. Now, I haven't looked into this enough to know whether you can make the rage mechanic work with powers instead of melee, but the concept intrigues me. I know there's a standard Phoenix mod under construction and I'm certainly not trying to steal anyone's thunder. However, as Sunfire and Pyro near completion I'd like to tinker with this.

Can anyone upload the Jean Grey files from XML2 and the Dark Phoenix files from XML2PSP for me to play around with? Thanks, and let me know what you think of this concept. Or other characters that could make use of the rage mechanic.

I honestly didn't mind the rage concept too much.  What I did mind is Wolverine didn't get enough talent points.  Once every character reaches level 99, they have enough points to max out every talent.  Wolverine falls way short.  I know it's because he gets "two powers" for each point, but he should at least get 2 for every 3 levels or something like that, or a bonus point every fifth level, because by the end of the game, he's way behind on the power curve.

As for rage with Phoenix, that sounds like a decent idea, actually.  Good luck with that.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: BliZZ on April 03, 2007, 06:18PM
Yes. He and Juggernaut do. I could always change Juggs to not, but Gambit HAS to because I used his XML1 skelie for menu (since MKnight uses his XML2 menu anims) and his XML2 skelie for powers.

So lemme see if I follow.  Say I use the XML1 skeleton as 70_gambit.  I then use MK's combat skeleton as 70_gambit_4_combat.  I hex replace animation names I don't want to use in a particular skeleton: i.e. -- power_9 becomes 1ower_9.  If we don't have any conflicting animation names in the two will they work together to give Gambit all he needs?  Like will it pull powers from 70_gambit and punches and junk from 70_gambit_4_combat?

NO... I used his XML2 powers! Thus the need for BOTH his XML1 skelie AND his XML2 skelie!

I know, I'm trying to adapt him for the Xbox, using the XML1 skelie and MUA MK skelie.  Most of his powers are the same in XML1/2, particularly unique looking ones, like 52 pickup.

Actually, ALL of his attacks (except his boosts and his Staff Attack thing) come from XML1, so you should be able to pull that off. Except, of course, for those attacks I mentioned.