Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
No, her problem is with Power Theft.  Nobody can get it to work.  Me and BliZZ have both tried, but to no avail.  BliZZ rewrote Torpedo Strike to follow a different, but similar style of attack, so it works now, albeit it being a little different from XML2.  What's wrong with the underwater smash attack?  All characters use the same one, so it shouldn't be an issue.  If it's not working, I'll look into that since I've also taken on the liberty of porting Rogue to MUA (because I was impatient, and had a vision of how I wanted Rogue to look... it had nothing to do with BliZZ's work).
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

question for the psp characters were did you get the effects files from? I have the psp files, but the effects in the .wad file only has defaultquads.xmlb and defaultvectors.xmlb
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Skipped over the wip Toad/Phoenix atm, straight to Beast! He was easier, due to the lack of ents, etc. All that is left is to fix Pinball (it has the same problem as Torpedo Strike, so I'll fix it the same way) and to add costume passives. He is lacking in sounds (for obvious reasons), and the ones that exist are worshiping Apocalypse :laugh:

In XML1, most characters used idle animations from the fightstyle files. Luckily for us; Psylocke, Emma, and Jubilee have different ones built into their individual files (as did wolverine). Unluckily for us, Magma and Beast didn't. Therefore, those two will have to stand tall instead of bop/move when not in motion. Looks fine on Beast, imho. Don't know how it looks on Magma, but that is a matter for a much later day.

He'll be ready soon, guys.

PSP effects come from the character package fbs. I've ripped all but about half of DP's.

sorry to be a bother but what did you use to open the fb, maybe i can help with something
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

ok thanks

That truely looks amazing to me great job,can't wait to see what all you got going on. :runaway:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Quote from: BliZZ on May 25, 2007, 07:19PM
Skipped over the wip Toad/Phoenix atm, straight to Beast! He was easier, due to the lack of ents, etc. All that is left is to fix Pinball (it has the same problem as Torpedo Strike, so I'll fix it the same way) and to add costume passives. He is lacking in sounds (for obvious reasons), and the ones that exist are worshiping Apocalypse :laugh:

Beast's Pinball move worked exactly like that in XML1.  You had to hold down the button, and then move the control stick for the direction he went in, so that will work for him.  Which costumes did you give him?  I'm assuming classic (non-hairy), Ultimate, TAS (speedo), and Astonishing?

Yep. Not in that order, but yep.

Hey, since Noel seems to be on an un-ending hiatus, would you be willing to make icons for him? I'll rundown what I need/want if you agree.

just wanted to say thanks for the help blizz, im ripping the talents right now

Quote from: BliZZ on May 25, 2007, 08:12PM
Yep. Not in that order, but yep.

Hey, since Noel seems to be on an un-ending hiatus, would you be willing to make icons for him? I'll rundown what I need/want if you agree.

Sure thing.  Let me know which talents he has, what you would like to see as icons for them, and what you want as a banner.  I'll get them done asap.

Why don't we have sounds? If I knew more I could make some suggestions on getting some.

We do for all the XML2 characters.  The rest we don't because of compatibility issues of the sounds formats across platforms.  Read the modding rundown: sound thread.  That explains everything.