Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can we make simple wavs into the format mua uses?

All Right: here goes

Pinball - XML1 Pinball Icon
Propeller Kick - XML1 Kick Icon
Beastial Soul - XML1 Beast Icon
Bombardment - XML1 Xtreme Icon
Tempest Claws - One of Beast's hands with his claws obvious/dark bluish background
Tackle - Colossus' XML2 Bounding smash icon, recolored soes the silver = blue and the red = yellow

(The second row, 4th coumn)
Roar of the Beast - Wolverine's XML2 Roaring icon, with red recolored blue

(2nd row, 3rd column)
Colossus's XML2 bubbly science icon (for passives) (3rd row, 2nd column)
Iron Man's XML2 Defense Grid Icon

(1st Row, 4th column)

Banner: Some sort of Bubbling Science Experiment? Beast's face with glasses on? I don't really know, just something in-character.

Would you like me to photoshop some unique icons like I did for Rogue and Psylocke, or just use those ones you posted?  I'll get to work on them tonight and probably have them done tonight or tomorrow.

QuoteCan we make simple wavs into the format mua uses?

No, because MUA uses modified .wav files with the headers removed.  They need to be compiled into a .zss and .zsm file so that the game engine can recognize the files.  The offsets to the sounds are in the headers of those files, which we have yet to decipher or figure out how in the hell to rebuild.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Well, I kinda like having them line up stylistically with the others. The XML1 ones I would say could definitely be improved, but I like the XML2 ones I chose.

PS: I can't get Pinball to work on Rebounds. I think I'm gonna rename it to "Bowling Ball" and just have it be the one shot forward, not a rebound thing. Anyone have a problem with that?

I personally loved the XML1 icons.  I thought the XML2 ones were half-assed.  I'll use those ones you suggested, and look for a good image to use as a banner.

Doesn't Mr. Fantastic have a pinball move?  If he rebounds off of people, you might steal code from that.  If not, I don't care what you do with it because I'm not a Beast fan.  It's all the same to me.

Yeah, but Mr. Fantastic's is split into 6 animations, while Beast's is only 2. Any way, I'm working my way through. Hopefully I'll get it working XML style.

Also, 3 more icons for passives would be nice. If you can make some good customs to fit those last 3, I'd be down with that.

Quote from: BliZZ on May 25, 2007, 07:19PM
PSP effects come from the character package fbs. I've ripped all but about half of DP's.

i was actually going to start with those, if you want i can do those
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

May 26, 2007, 11:00AM #352 Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:05AM by Burning Rage
Beast's icons.

Here is what they look like:

and here is what they look like in game:

EDIT:  I'm deleting my other posts to clean up this thread.

May 26, 2007, 11:14AM #353 Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:18AM by Teancum
The banner looks a lot like Apocalypse's.  Do we have any other good Beast pics to use as a banner?  It's just personal opinion, but it seems less unique with Apoc's looking like that.  (in fact I think it looks more like Apoc than Beast IMO)  Also, why not just copy over fightstyle_finesse1?  If you combine that with 05_beast then use a MUA character for the smash attack you can do him just like he should be.

May 26, 2007, 11:19AM #354 Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:31AM by BliZZ
Thanks.

I personally don't think it looks too much like apoc, what with the glasses. If you feel like changing it, though, Burning Rage, that's your prerogative.

Messing with the fightstyle that he uses would result in: no underwater attacks, no holding on anim, no basic anims. The fightstyle in MUA is the same for all chars, and messing with it will remove basic anims that he needs

PS: I'll delete some of my icon posts too. I keep forgetting there is a separate icon thread :laugh:

EDIT: Icons in action

I just gotta add passives. He should be ready in under an hour.

http://marvelmods.com/blizz/ConvertedXMLCharacters/beast.rar

Beast

Has 4 skins, 4 huds, etc. Astonishing hud courtesy of Cates, icons by Burning Rage, and mannequin made by tommy (from his avengers mod). 2 of the skins (Astonishing & Classic) could eventually use new models, but these make adequate placeholders for now. He is lacking in sounds, but that is something we are not able to fix at this time.

Enjoy!

Psyched up for another Blizz mod!

Noel had a pretty unique banner for Beast in the icon making thread. Don't know if that's of interest. I don't think the icon looks like Apoc's, but It doesn't really look like beast all that much, IMO.

Quote from: BliZZ on May 26, 2007, 01:13PM
http://marvelmods.com/blizz/ConvertedXMLCharacters/beast.rar

Beast

Has 4 skins, 4 huds, etc. Astonishing hud courtesy of Cates, icons by Burning Rage, and mannequin made by tommy (from his avengers mod). 2 of the skins (Astonishing & Classic) could eventually use new models, but these make adequate placeholders for now. He is lacking in sounds, but that is something we are not able to fix at this time.

Enjoy!

BliZZ, the original costume fix-up should be ready for upload tomorrow morning the latest! :)

May 27, 2007, 10:44AM #358 Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:41AM by boreman
Looks really good, I was using the Beast from the Avengers Mod, is it possible to use Blizz's mod only replacing the names and numbers in the herostat, or is there a whole-new, whole-different herostat entry for this?

EDIT: tried that way and it worked, but I'm going to use the definitions in the first page.

Herostat entry is in the txt in the first post. Don't know if you could edit numbers or not.