Hawkeye WiP (console version) - Discussion thread

Started by Teancum, February 20, 2008, 09:58AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, so as you may or may not know, Hawkeye's animations don't work on last-gen consoles.  As such, we've got an issue making him believable on the PS2 and Xbox.  This thread is to discuss possibilities on how to make him look believable enough to play.

Suggested animations:
93_viking_archer (for the arrow shooting animation)
17_deadpool_4_combat (to possibly use his gun animation & grenade toss)
fightstyle_default (for all melee & experimentation of it's power animations)

Powers:
Steel Arrow (Projectile): Fires single arrow shots (uses 93_viking_archer - animation speed increased)
Paralyzer Arrow (Projectile): Fires single arrow shots that damage and stun the enemy (uses 93_viking_archer - animation speed increased)
Explosive Arrow (Projectile): Fires a blazing hot arrow that explodes on impact (uses 93_viking_archer - animation at normal speed)
Crossbow (Projectile): Fires continual shots while button is pressed (uses Deadpool's gun animation, and I'll need to find a crossbow model somewhere on the net)
Concussion Grenades (Special): Leaps into the air throwing grenades which damage and stun the enemy (uses Deadpool's Grenade Toss animtion)
Sword Combat (Boost): Hawkeye uses a sword for a short period of time.  Atk damage is increased
Hawk's Revenge (Buff): Using this will increase the damage to all attacks made (Just some generic boost animation)
Ricochet Rocket (Xtreme): Fires special arrows that will bounce off of walls and enemies doing damage to anything it hits (using 93_viking_archer again, Hawkeye will spin around as well)

Outfits: Some of these are here for variety, some due to model limitations.  And I haven't decided on what four will be in (there's five skins here)

Classic (if we can't get an animated model imported to Xbox, this'll be a Wolverine reskin)

Retro (Shield Agent -or- PS2 Human Torch reskin)

Ultimate (Blade-Daywalker reskin)

Modern

Street Gear (PS2 Human Torch reskin)

Ronin

Anyways, if ya'll have any suggestions for stuff using last-gen animations, that'd be awesome.

February 20, 2008, 11:00AM #1 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:07AM by Sasquatch
Teancum , blade daywalker skin look like this ultimate i think its is better than bullseye and to retro skin I think the shield agent  skin can be a better base. For the classic skin maybe someone can rip the "skirt" from force works scarlet witch and add this to the wolverine skin.

Good points.  I'll have to look at the PS2 version of the Shield Agent in Alchemy Viewer to see if it's any better, but the Blade-Daywalker skin is perfect.

February 20, 2008, 12:11PM #3 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:01PM by iammingy
I ve got an idea for Retro:

4401 Piledriver

EDIT: Dang, I thought the PS2 version would be skinnier...sorry

What do you guys thing about the Jedi Outcast crossbow for Hawkeye?  It looks modern tech, but not to modern tech (as long as it's not a close-up, which it never will be)

i think a bow is a better choice but this crossbow can be good too.

Yeah, the bow will be used for three of the moves, but there aren't many animations where the bow is pulled back.  That's why I'm using a crossbow for the Deadpool gun animation.

May 23, 2008, 10:01AM #8 Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 10:15AM by Teancum
I had a great idea driving to work today.  Since Hawkeye is the new Ronin, I can use Ronin as the 4th skin.  That'll also open things up for more diverse powers (like the Sword Combat boost I added to the first post).

Now, what model would work as a great base for a Ronin skin?  (remember, this is the Xbox)

I would almost say Classic Dr Strange if we could hide the cape and cowling

Wong might also work

There's also Shaolin Healer, but you'd have to take some license with the skirt

...or the Atlantean Civilian

Quote from: Teancum on May 23, 2008, 10:01AM
I had a great idea driving to work today.  Since Hawkeye is the new Ronin, I can use Ronin as the 4th skin.  That'll also open things up for more diverse powers (like the Sword Combat boost I added to the first post).

Now, what model would work as a great base for a Ronin skin?  (remember, this is the Xbox)

but you know what, the ronin costume is not the same as the one echo had.
look

May 28, 2008, 10:13AM #11 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:17AM by Teancum
Looks exactly the same to me, it's just that they're drawn in two different styles.  Unless you're saying those are both Echo's costumes.  Also, that first costume came directly from www.marveldatabase.com which is very serious about making sure everything is right.

Anyways, just take a look at the costume similarities and you'll notice the only issue is that two different artists drew them.  The top one looks to be done in the same style as the cartoony iron man drawings, found here.  Those pictures are not considered 'official' because he doesn't draw in the traditional Marvel style (dunno if he works for Marvel) but everything is in the same place as the pic you posted.

yea you are right but i was referring to the one from the psp mod. i haven't seen the char run on psp but on the mod doesn't look like the one from clint's costume.

May 28, 2008, 12:29PM #13 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:38PM by Teancum
Ah, you could be right there, however the big difference between those is the fact that the PSP Ronin (Echo) has boobs. 

*edit* -- looks like the bottom of the shirt is cut differently too.

*edit #2* -- I think the difference you see are just art styles.

Here's the PSP Ronin (Echo)

and here's new Ronin (Hawkeye)

wow i need to downgrade my psp cause it looks very nice

but you know what the mod ver has different colors and like you said the boobs thing will not work with what you are trying to do.

for the retro skin you can use on of gambit faces, i think is the retro but you change a lot of colors