Post your PC specs

Started by THX, January 26, 2007, 05:10PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Norrin Radd on June 26, 2007, 06:34PM
Quote from: Burning Rage on June 26, 2007, 04:28PM

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7600 2.33GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB

Your not going to wait for/get the 800MHz FSB?, obviously your not, but I guess then, why not?

Because Alienware doesn't offer that with any of their Intel laptops.  Dell doesn't even offer it with their XPS laptops (I don't know if the Core Duo has an 800MHz for a laptop... they do for a desktop).  The AMD comes with 800, but the Core Duo doesn't.  It doesn't really matter that much, as the processor is still fast, and isn't the slowest component.  I orderd the thing two months ago.  At this point I just want to get it.

Quote from: iammingy on June 26, 2007, 10:52PM
I'm jealous! :P Mind to tell how much it costed for that deal?

Too much.  :laugh:
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Intel Celeron 2.93 GHz
Windows XP Home
760MB Ram
Standard 80 Gig harddrive
Intergrated Intel Extreme 82845G 64mb Graphics

Pssh, I blow away any AlienWare with my parents 2-year old $600 Wal-Mart Bundle PC. :lamer:

When I can find a decent job, I want to get an AMD 3800+, 250Gig, 1gig Ram, 7800GT system for about $800 online, but that'll be a few more months. :hyper:

Quote from: Keero on June 27, 2007, 01:20AM
Pssh, I blow away any AlienWare with my parents 2-year old $600 Wal-Mart Bundle PC. :lamer:

:rofl:  I'm sure...  :p

QuoteWhen I can find a decent job, I want to get an AMD 3800+, 250Gig, 1gig Ram, 7800GT system for about $800 online, but that'll be a few more months. :hyper:

Why don't you build your own?  Start with a case, basic hardware, and upgrade as you go.  Fork over the cash for the motherboard and processor right away (or at least the motherboard), then the rest can be upgraded later (the motherboard and processor can too, but it's really a ton easier to get those set and leave them alone).  Graphics cards are easy to swap, as are hard drives, sound cards, etc.  I'm currently pretending to be in the process of rebuilding my desktop.  However, I'm hardly ever home, so I got the laptop.  I'll get back to my desktop eventually.  For my desktop, the minimum specs I want are:

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - Overclocked to 3.2GHz
Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Professional
Case: something with liquid cooling... haven't looked yet
Memory: 8GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 1066MHz - 4 x 2048MB
Primary Drives: Dual (2) 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/32MB Cache (RAID 0 configuration, 2TB total)
Storage Drives: 2 x 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/32MB Cache (2TB total)
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 20X Dual Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Writer
Secondary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 20X Dual Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Writer
Video/Graphics Card: Dual 768MB NVidia GeForce 8800 Ultra - SLI Enabled
Physics Processor: Ageia PhysX PCI-Express Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer High Definition 7.1 Audio

Well, you know... the basics (that's pretty hefty minimum specs, and hits the wallet with a nice punch).  I already have a 32" 1080p HDTV, so I can just plug the desktop in that.  I'll start building it later this summer.  Going to be another expensive project I tells ya!

Well I wanted to build my own for about $500 in the US (moved here last year), but sites like Newegg and such don't ship up here. So I found a few pre-built ones that are upgradeable for under a grand, but I just need to work to get some decent cash. I'm not that much of a gamer, so I play casually so the specs you posted would be overkill for what I do anyways. :P

June 27, 2007, 09:06PM #19 Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:18PM by cvc
Quotefrom Burning Rage
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - Overclocked to 3.2GHz
Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Professional
Case: something with liquid cooling... haven't looked yet
Memory: 8GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 1066MHz - 4 x 2048MB
Primary Drives: Dual (2) 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/32MB Cache (RAID 0 configuration, 2TB total)
Storage Drives: 2 x 1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/32MB Cache (2TB total)
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 20X Dual Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Writer
Secondary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 20X Dual Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Writer
Video/Graphics Card: Dual 768MB NVidia GeForce 8800 Ultra - SLI Enabled
Physics Processor: Ageia PhysX PCI-Express Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer High Definition 7.1 Audio

I'm not 100 percent sure but I think you can land the space shuttle on Haleys Comet with that while hearing space dust fly by in wonderful surround sound :drool1:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Quote from: Burning Rage on June 26, 2007, 04:28PM
I'm finally getting my laptop!  They decided they were going to stop delaying the order and build the damn thing.  I've changed the order a tad since then, now featuring two fast as Chocolate egg hard drives... in RAID 0!  Updated specs:

Alienware Area-51 M9750 (laptop):

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7600 2.33GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Professional (the hell with that Vista garbage)
Chassis: 17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology
Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz - 2 x 1024MB
System Drive(s): Dual (2) 200GB Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 16MB Cache (RAID 0 configuration, 400gb total)
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 8x Dual Layer CD-RW/DVD±RW
Video/Graphics Card: Dual 512MB NVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX - SLI Enabled
Wireless Network Card: Internal Intel PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g Mini-Card
Sound Card: High-Definition Audio with surround sound

I should get it in the next week or two.  :)

After ordering it two months ago, I just FINALLY got my new laptop today.  Let me tell you, SLI with these graphics cards I got phuking rocks!  It's nice to finally be able to play with advanced lighting mode on with all the highest graphics settings, and lose almost no frame rates whatsoever...  Also, a 1920x1200 screen resolution is just nut-bustingly sexy.  This computers kicks ass.  As awesome as it is, I would NOT recommend ordering Alienware though if you are in a hurry to get your computer.  If you don't mind sitting around and waiting forever for it to come though, then Alienware is the way to go.

it works, thats all i want and need to know...

In the six months and a week that have passed since my last post here, there was only one alteration I've made to my rig, and that was swapping the 256mb RAM stick for a 1Gb one. Unfortunately enough, my dated motherboard won't agree to work with more than 1,5 Gigs of RAM. Shoot.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.