Iron fist movie

Started by Senkaku, March 03, 2008, 07:30AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know if anyone knows this but it's true and they are going to use ray park to play the part very skilled man at wushu and nothern shaolin style he is very qualified. here's the link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202406/

you could also read his bio for more info on his skills. i think he is very well qualified for the part. i don't know the director, but as long as he doesn't do something dumb like make iron fist karate-ish. (kinda of impossible with all of Ray's kung fu skills) what do you guys think?

Ray Park also played Darth Maul from Star Wars and Toad from the first X-Men movie, from what I know! He's cool.

Quote from: Ma Sheng Xian Zhi on March 03, 2008, 07:30AM
i don't know the director, but as long as he doesn't do something dumb like make iron fist karate-ish. (kinda of impossible with all of Ray's kung fu skills) what do you guys think?

Karate chops would be cool because Iron Fist is skilled in many forms of martial arts, but he must have the Chi-enhanced punch!

I am more worried about how they are gonna translate the costume. The yellow bandana would be easy to do, but the green costume can look very ugly. As long as they use silk-like material, the costume would look great IMO.

I'm very excited, Iron Fist's my fave char atm. I reckon it'd be damn good. Who d'you reckon the villain would be?

I want Master Khan to be the villain. Davos (Steel Serpent or Steel Phoenix) would be cool, too.

yeah i was thinking davos. Cuh, I do love the way the new series is panning out.

A tad worried b/c I've never see Ray Park actually act, other than do kick ass fighting scenes and utter a few lines.

Also Lion's Gate's record is not spotless with Marvel Films. Punisher was decent, but anyone remember the sci-fi channel version of Man-Thing?

no but i imagine it would be pretty dreadful :P. So long as they don't make a travesty of iron fist (i.e. a similar vein as the first hulk film or daredevil....dire films) then i'll be happy.

I agree with you, Rorschach!

This is an article on Rotten Tomatoes from Mar. 29, 2007:

Steve Carr Waits In Marvel Queue for "Iron Fist" Production
Posted by Jen Yamato on Thursday, Mar. 29, 2007, 08:21 AM

Ftopel writes: "Steve Carr has been announced as the director for the Marvel Comics film "Iron Fist," but he is planning to make other projects first. It's not that he's not excited about it, it's just that Marvel is kind of busy.

"When I have the opportunity, we'll figure it out but there's a long line of comic books getting made into films and he's kind of like a smaller star of that galaxy," said Carr. "So I don't know when it's going to happen honestly."

Given his druthers, Carr knows how he'd go with "Iron Fist." "I'd love it to be kind of dark and almost kind of chop-socky kind of vibe, but it feels like there's a lot of comic book heroes they want to make first."

Marvel has started a trend of using comedy directors to make their superhero movies. Carr would follow Tim Story. "Yeah, Tim Story's a friend of mine. We came up and he's a video guy. He's a really great guy. I think it would be a really interesting opportunity and I'm hoping that it starts to happen a little bit quicker."

Perhaps "Fist" would get going if Jon Favreau's "Iron Man" wasn't stealing all its thunder. "See, I don't have enough Iron in my title. He has 'Iron Man,' I only have a fist. I should have Hot Iron Body. That would get me done first, or Steel Something.""

The last bit is pretty funny. :ifist: