DAREDEVIL upgrades v1.1 (Baton Swing; swing like Spider-man)

Started by iammingy, March 13, 2008, 04:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic
By downloading this mod, you agree that:
1. You will NOT share this mod outside of Marvelmods.com.
2. You will NOT sell this mod for money or any other form of privileges.

>>DOWNLOAD v1.1 HERE<<
(Compatible with MUA-XBOX and MUA-PS2)

Feedbacks and comments are appreciated! Useless spam is NOT appreciated and is NOT tolerated. :) See previews below.

Notes for v1.1: :daredevil:

People who have not installed the Official Characters mod could not use v1.0 because I mislabelled something in the fightstyle. V1.0 seems to work for people who did install the Official Characters mod, but one of the animations used is not the one intended. This bug is fixed in v1.1. Also, Daredevil will NOT perform double-jumps in v1.1 because his double-jump will make the baton-swings too close to the "ceiling," which prevents you from moving through doors.

Notes for v1.0: :daredevil:

This mod does not take away the original powers and abilities in the orginal Daredevil character in MUA. This means the mod simply adds the new "Baton Swing" ability to Daredevil. However, this mod does replace files. Please back up your files before installing this mod if needed. Also, it uses a new fightstyle; you must start a new game in order to use this ability.

Instructions:

* Please read README.txt included in the ZIP archive.
* You may want to consult The Boy Sanga's tutorial if you don't know how to edit your herostat. However, you can use Norrin Radd's Heroselect if you think all these steps are tedious.
* It is highly recommended that you start a new game with default stats after you have altered the herostat or installed a mod.

Previews:

My other mods released:

Whee! Now Spidey has a swinging companion. Thanks! (perhaps I should put in advance)

*We should make one for Venom too, lol. :P*

Now, that I have tried it, and it indeed works well.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on March 13, 2008, 04:53AM
Whee! Now Spidey has a swinging companion. Thanks!

Venom doesn't need it and it will look stupid on him. The Venom mod looks fine already, no need to add crap on him.

Maybe he meant a swinging companion for Venom? :P
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on March 13, 2008, 04:53AM
Whee! Now Spidey has a swinging companion. Thanks!

have you played one mod ? I think you never played the mods but are always complain about it

Quote from: Dark_Mark on March 13, 2008, 02:31PM
Maybe he meant a swinging companion for Venom? :P

Ehh... I don't think so...
We have four "swing-able" characters now: Spider-Man, Toxin, Venom, Daredevil...
...and I haven't finished Carnage, yet. Carnage would be the 5th; he's the one missing a partner.

Quote from: Sasquatch on March 13, 2008, 03:34PM
have you played one mod ? I think you never played the mods but are always complain about it

That's exactly it.

Quote from: Sasquatch on March 13, 2008, 03:34PM

Yes I have played the mods. In what instance have I ever complained about a mod?

I am giving my opinion (or request if that's what you think of it to be). If you have something disturbing to post, then don't post it at all.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on March 13, 2008, 10:35PM
Yes I have played the mods. In what instance have I ever complained about a mod?

I am giving my opinion (or request if that's what you think of it to be). If you have something disturbing to post, then don't post it at all.

That includes yourself.

You did not download this mod. The download count did not increase until a few hours after your 1st reply in this thread. I am tired of seeing all these fake "Thanks" of yours (this isn't your first time already), which serves no purpose other than post-count padding.

If you have the right to request, I think do, too. My request for you is: please STOP posting useless things in my release thread, even if you did download the mods. If you are so not satisfied with this, talk to the moderators.

Let's focus on the discussion of the mod, please. I don't want my thread to be locked. Thank you for your cooperation. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

March 14, 2008, 04:33AM #8 Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 05:40AM by thetommyboy2002
Lets keep it on topic.
If you dislike another persons posts, ignore them.
If you feel you are being personally attacked, contact the Moderators.
If you feel the need to directly address another poster, about them, their habits or personality, try not to. It seldom helps.

The Mod looks great by the way. I hope to actually TRY it today. Good work, as ever.

EDIT: And having tried it, it works really well. Thank You.
It's such a shame none of the AI NPCs (friend or enemy) use flight, it would really add some more variety to fights. I wonder if that could be scripted somehow.....

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on March 14, 2008, 04:33AM
The Mod looks great by the way. I hope to actually TRY it today. Good work, as ever.

It's such a shame none of the AI NPCs (friend or enemy) use flight, it would really add some more variety to fights. I wonder if that could be scripted somehow.....

Thanks. I think I can look into that a bit. If anyone can help, that would be great , too! :@

QuoteIf you have the right to request, I think do, too. My request for you is: please STOP posting useless things in my release thread, even if you did download the mods. If you are so not satisfied with this, talk to the moderators.

Fair enough.

And so much for:
QuoteFeedbacks and comments are appreciated!
and
Quotejust a comment of appreciation would be enough for me

Okay, so we're going to consider this little tiff between the two of you solved for now.  No need to discuss it past this post.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on March 14, 2008, 04:33AM

Some NPC are always in flight mode, like Mephisto's pets and some robots in the Infinite Factory in XML2.

They have this in the NPCstat:

(MUA)
   alwaysflying = true ;

(XML2)
   canfly = true ;

I added these to the herostat, but they don't work at all when the heroes are ai-controlled... :(