DAREDEVIL upgrades v1.1 (Baton Swing; swing like Spider-man)

Started by iammingy, March 13, 2008, 04:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic
well, if I know well, then you need an engb file, to play the game. or you use the file as an engb file, but modified it just before you sent?

Quote from: Death the Kidd on December 15, 2009, 10:07AM
well, if I know well, then you need an engb file, to play the game. or you use the file as an engb file, but modified it just before you sent?

So I searched my ultimate alliance folder and found the herostat.engb file.  Here's a little preview of what it contains for the first dozen lines: ±     ¸?  ÿÿÿÿ       Ã?  ø  è      É?  Ñ?  Ó?  Ý?  å?  ê?  ì?  û?  @  @.  All I'm seeing is symbols hopefully.
Is that the correct file that I should be putting up?

Well, first of all, I hope you know, that you shouldn't open an engb file. You should convert it to an xmlb file, then change xmlb to xml by simply deleting the b at the end. Then open the xml with a Notepad. Change what you have to, change back the xml to an xmlb, then convert it back to an engb. I think this is clear.

Ohhh no. It's all clear.  How do you convert an engb file into an xmlb?

*sorry, I'm really really new at this!

There is a program, made specifically to do this. It is called XMLBCUI, you can download it from here: http://www.nba2kstuff.org/mua/index.htm . Just click on setup_xmlbcui.10.exe

Quote from: Death the Kidd on December 15, 2009, 10:20AM
Well, first of all, I hope you know, that you shouldn't open an engb file. You should convert it to an xmlb file, then change xmlb to xml by simply deleting the b at the end. Then open the xml with a Notepad. Change what you have to, change back the xml to an xmlb, then convert it back to an engb. I think this is clear.

No, that's not what I do, at least. I just decompile the engb in XMLBCUI to an XML, then go to file on XMLBCUI and hit edit, make the changes I want, hit compile, make sure it's an engb again, then hit accept. It works every time.

All I want is your herostat.engb from the data folder. Just upload that file to mediafire or whereever you want. I don't need to see your XML or XMLB or anything else.

PS. If you didn't edit your herostat in the first place this mod would never work. I re-installed this mod last night and I didn't have a problem with it. It looks like the problem is on your end (instead of a bug in the mod).

http://www.mediafire.com/?ae22mntwrje

here's my herostat.engb, sorry for misunderstanding what you wanted.

Yeah, there's definitely no problem with the mod.  It's just my lack of knowledge on how to properly install it into my game

Based on the herostat.engb that you had uploaded, I can tell that you didn't follow the instructions I had provided in the mod. Please read and ask question about parts you don't understand.

Instructions for installing this mod:

1. Decompile your herostat with XMLBCUI.

2. Replace Daredevil's part from your herostat with the code in
   "herostat_v1.1.txt," which is located in the "data" folder of the
   ZIP archive.

3. Compile your editted herostat with XMLBCUI and place the new
   herostat.engb (or herostat.xmlb for non-English versions of the game)
   in the "data" folder of the game.

4. Place all files except "README.txt" and "herostat_v1.1.txt" from the
   ZIP archive to the corresponding directories in:
   ..\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\

5. Start a new game and enjoy the mod!