New Features you'd like to see in MUA2

Started by Ebak, March 15, 2008, 10:58AM

Previous topic - Next topic
For me great new features would be the following:

1. The different outfits offer slightly different superpowers than the others, like Iron Spiderman. One super attack that would be unique to that suit would be the metal arms etc, maybe have a power that changes when a new outfit is selected that is relevant to the outfit. The WarMachine outfit for Iron man could use the shoulder gattling gun or something.

2. The ability to select alternate outfits for the villains, want to face Ultimate Shocker? Then you can change their outfit from the options menu after you unlock it.

3. Level Select, replay from a certain position in the game.

4. You can unlock special characters through other means, like the Imperfects if you find and defeat them within hidden areas in the game.

5. MANY more outfits for the characters.

6. Make more use out of peoples unique abilities, such as Icemans ability to create bridges etc, they aren't used alot in the original game.

7. DLC for PC!!!

8. Make more mod friendly.

March 20, 2008, 07:56AM #1 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:03AM by PackerFan8459
I would like it if characters had differnt strength abilities. Like Silver Surfer should have been alot stronger in MUA, but instead he was as strong as Elektra, maybe a little stronger. If a character is known for strength then he should be stronger than those characters known for agility, and vice versa. I also hope they don't have any playable villians, although Venom was pretty tight.

Quote from: Ebak on March 15, 2008, 10:58AM

4. You can unlock special characters through other means, like the Imperfects if you find and defeat them within hidden areas in the game.

6. Make more use out of peoples unique abilities, such as Icemans ability to create bridges etc, they aren't used alot in the original game.

^^^^ Yea these would be sweet to see also

2. The ability to select alternate outfits for the villains, want to face Ultimate Shocker? Then you can change their outfit from the options menu after you unlock it.

oooh nice idea.

3. Level Select, replay from a certain position in the game.

the extract option does this.

I'd like to see all characters at their actual power levels. No balance. Silver Surfer and Thor should be much more effective than Daredevil or Electra. Perhaps such characters would have to be unlocked, or your team must be a combination of different tier characters. I don't know, just make it like the comics.

Also equipment stacking like in X-Men Legends where you could combine certain types of equipment to increase damage, health, etc... I liked the passive abilities in XML1 they were unique for each character.

Other attributes from XML1 that I liked are pain, destruction, and strength levels.

Pain - A little robot cannot stun somebody like Hulk, whereas Cyclops would be knocked on his ass (he should stay back and use his beams anyway).

Strength - Thor is stronger than Wolverine. Much stronger. Wolverine can probably lift a car, Storm can not. Thor can easily lift a bus and throw it. Hell he lifted the midgard serpent that weighed millions of tons and was so massive its body was wrapped around the earth!

Destruction - Wolverine can destroy a timber wall but cannot punch through brick. Guys like Colossus can. Different levels of destruction for different characters. A Cyclops optic blast should penetrate brick walls easily.

March 24, 2008, 12:42AM #4 Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:46AM by Midnight Curse
A little bit of free roaming would be good, instead of following a storyline.

Different modes other than the Simulator.

More environmental damage.

A create-a-hero option would also be nice!

Different agility levels. For example, Thing can't backflip or handspring the way Daredevil would.

*Off Topic- Charlie, when did you return?

Quote from: Midnight Curse on March 24, 2008, 12:42AM
*Off Topic- Charlie, when did you return?

Today. Been busy working two jobs -- looking to buy property soon. I missed this place. :D

Welcome back! I hope you see all the new awesome stuff that has been released since you had departed! :)

Things to add:

1) Real comboes and combo options. Not just a damage boost because dumb luck dictated the CPU used Energy Daggers while I was doing a Dual shot. I want REAL, controllable comboes, like Mr Fantastic holding someone so that Thing can get a lil' Clobbering Time with the enemy, or, of course, Colossus and Wolvie performing a Fastball special.

2) Active Items. Passives are nice, but I want to be able to make a hero actualy get some uses out of things gained from bosses. Nothing like using Cap's shield with Thor or giving Spidey the Executioner's Axe, but rather something like Deadpool getting Blade's Sword.

3) Moddability. Not for me, but to make every modder's life a bit easier.

4) Reactive environment. I don't want to smash Doom Castle to bits with Thor, but I want to be able to break a wall with Thing or have Doctor Strange lift a chunk of a fallen pillar and use it to whack the baddies via levitation.

5) Good AI. AIM mooks SHOULD run at me screaming and firing their weapons, but MODOK is a really intelligent guy, and should fight accordingly, abusing the environment and staying away from meleers.

March 30, 2008, 07:41PM #8 Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:49PM by Teancum
DLC for PC will never happen.  It's way to easy to pirate and everyone would do so, so the companies wouldn't make any money.

Wolverine and Colossus can already do the Fastball Special, as can Thing and Mr Fantastic

As A combination maneuver, and not a damage boost? Or as an actual triggerable combo with special moves geared for that? Hell no. I specifically mentioned how boosts to damage isn't exactly what I was speaking of, and simply holding an enemy with Mr. F while Thing hits 'em is not exactly what I'd call a unique maneuver, since the other characters can join in.

And why not allow for mods? It's not THAT hard to create an official editor.

Versus mode

online co-op (& vs.)

Ditto create-a-hero, not everyone has the computer knowhow for modding afterall.

How about increasing the team size to say 6 BUT making team bonuses work in a way that makes smaller teams just as good (i.e. health increase and damage increase etc) so that teams like the Fantastic Four would not be penalised for having less characters...

I know! I know!

Some NPC support for the team. Something like when you run into Strange in Mandarin's Palace.

Quote from: The Boy Sanga on April 10, 2008, 12:55AM
How about increasing the team size to say 6 BUT making team bonuses work in a way that makes smaller teams just as good (i.e. health increase and damage increase etc) so that teams like the Fantastic Four would not be penalised for having less characters...
Considering that 4=max number of players on a system, I'd highly doubt this would happen. 4 is something of a magic number in video games for that reason.

Larger camera view, I want to be able to zoom out and see more of the action, rather than running towards bullet trails.