Converted XML1 Characters? Oh my!

Started by Noelemahc, February 05, 2007, 03:38AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I got side-tracked by the fact that I can't get Emma's moves to deal damage. :P

So I'm currently working on Jubes' effects. 11 out of 19 done.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=2662bbad74fdae12c8b4ac30a00dc6cc

Jubilee's effects in XML2/MUA format, all 18 of them. Yeah, I miscounted, the 19th is the ent file, which I will do if I ever get around to a Jubilee mod. :P

So, should I proceed to the FX of the other XML1-only chars (after checking whether they've been featured, file-wise, in XML2), like Shadow King, Avalanche and Marrow?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yea, sure.

I think all of Beast's MAY be in XML2, just named differently. His XML2 PS file has all 4 XML1 attacks, it just has differently named effects (the XML2 ones) linked to them.

Addition: as per Burning Rage's clarifications, here's Rogue's XML1 skeleton which is supposed to differ from XML2's as well.
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/XML1/07_rogueXML1.rar
Back to the drawing board now, kids.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

February 14, 2007, 08:35AM #20 Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 08:38AM by Burning Rage
Emma's XML1 power style is in .eng format, as opposed to .engb...  I've tried using nba2kstuff's xmlbcui program to decompile it for giggles, and it produces nothing.  How do I decompile the .eng file so I can view it?  I just wanted to do a little comparitive analysis.

Also, I didn't notice the HUD head models from XML1 anywhere...  Were they already ripped and I missed them, or they on the "to do" list?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Or WordPad. I like WordPad more, because it is easier to keep track of all the spaces in it. Or maybe it's just me.
QuoteAlso, I didn't notice the HUD head models from XML1 anywhere... 
Since my main task is MUAfication, I don't much care for the polygonal heads on the HUD as it doesn't use them. As for portraits, I really don't like the style both XMLs use, so I'd rather make my own when I can.

Crimson Dynamo says:

February 14, 2007, 08:43AM #23 Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 08:46AM by Burning Rage
I tried that and got a bunch of random characters...  ::)

EDIT:  I'll try it with WordPad and see how it goes.  I realize it's not your main focus, but can I get Emma's, Psylocke's, and Magma's polygonal heads from you please?

Extra EDIT:  You got the textures from the PS2 version of the game.  Can I also rip the HUD heads from there too?  If so, I got the disc, so I could rip them myself when I get home.  Thanks.

And therein lies the problem. It takes a shitload of work to convert, and it is not fun. I only got Emma's first power done before putting it into my 'to do' pile.

QuoteI tried that and got a bunch of random characters...
Have you been smoking what we've been smoking? It's an XML-like code, dude.

The only weird symbols in there are the <angle brackets> :D
QuoteCan I also rip the HUD heads from there too?  If so, I got the disc, so I could rip them myself when I get home.  Thanks.
Your funeral :D I could of course rip them, given the time.

Crimson Dynamo says:

February 14, 2007, 08:55AM #26 Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 11:11AM by Burning Rage
Bah...  I'm an idiot.  I opened the wrong file...  Clicked too far on the list and nabbed the .engb instead of the .eng I meant to.  So yeah, obviously notepad works.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate if you could rip them some time since you already know how to do it, and I have yet to start ripping, so I'd have to spend time to figure them out.  I'll figure that out later though.  Thanks for understanding my stupidity.  :D

Quote from: Noelemahc on February 05, 2007, 11:26PM
And, for the catch-up, the herostat and npcstat. Why? Because THEY contain the talent listings!
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/XML1/Stats.rar
And also, because the npcstat actually defines the playability of Professor X.

any chance of a re-upload for this
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I've got the files, I'll try and upload them when I get home, kay?