Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gevth on March 28, 2008, 07:04PM
Speaking of which, wasn't it the plan for Black Widow to be named something other than "BlackWidow" to avoid conflicts with the NPC, or does it pose no major problem the way it is?

No big problems you will face, you will just see the same skin as the one you picked.
Just change this part in the herostat from

name = BlackWidow ;

to this:

name = BlackWidow_hero ;

March 31, 2008, 05:57AM #76 Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:05AM by Noelemahc
Dudes, here's a question. Does this incorporate the renumbering and "let's fix the portraits not matching the costumes" fixes done over all the time we've been here, or not and should I want them, I'll have to go collecting them from various threads 'round the board?

EDIT: Never mind, it finally downloaded and now I know that it does. I'm just looking for stuff to base the equalizing for-PSP fixes on. Y'know, sharing the love?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

April 01, 2008, 12:33AM #77 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:36AM by iammingy
After reading this post several times, I think everyone forgot to say a BIG "THANK YOU" to the person who uploaded the raw files, which are actually the biggest contribution to this pack. We forgot to mention it in the credits and we forgot about it in the previous releases as well... ^^"||

Hey guys i'm a noob and this is my first time to use a mod, and to be careful i haven't done anything. But specifically though what should i back up

Oh and how do i use heroselect? i really have no idea, can someone offer a brief explanation?

April 03, 2008, 05:55AM #80 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:21PM by Midnight Curse
One, don't double post please.

Two, post your second question in the HeroSelect thread. There should be a readme when you install the program.

Here's the link:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=732.0

Three, I believe there is a walkthrough on the main page that you can follow.

Here's the link:

http://marvelmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=43

Quote from: Midnight Curse on April 03, 2008, 05:55AM
One, don't double post.

Two, post your second question in the HeroSelect thread. There should be a readme when you install the program.

Three, I believe there is a walkthrough on the main page that you can follow.

1) You're not a moderator.  At least use 'please' if you're going to Jr moderate.  Plus the guy is new, cut him some slack.
2) If you're going to bother to help, at least try to help instead of generic info.  He's not going to know where the HeroSelect thread is, and he might not know where to look for the readme.  (@ bleedingcowz -- The HeroSelect thread is right here by the way, and there's a really nice PDF file Norrin packages with HeroSelect, found in [where you installed Marvel: Ultimate Alliance]/HeroSelect on your hard drive.  And welcome to Marvelmods!)
3) There's not a walkthrough for HeroSelect other than the thread and the PDF that comes with it.

@ Curse only -- This is still really n00bish behavior man.  You went from the guy who broke the rules to one who points the finger at others.  If you're going to help by all means do so, but really help; don't just post something that's gonna confuse someone more.  Try to look at how confused you or I were when we were new.

Gevth found a bug with Magneto's menu sounds not working.  I have fixed it (along with a Nightcrawler sound bug), but am adding lots more menu sounds for characters before releasing it.  Some sounds are for future mods, some for current ones.  There'll be sounds added for Vision, Punisher, Havok, Multiple Man, She-Hulk, Mystique, Angel, Dazzler and Captain Britain for sure.  For other characters it depends on whether I find sounds for them.  I also plan to add additional sounds for characters that were appeared in XML1/XML2/MUA (more than once) to give you more variety.  Deadpool will be the first one I update.  I miss some of the XML2 wisecracks!

When I'm finished with that I'll package it along with Iammingy's Sabretooth fix and all previous fixes into a new patch.

Quote from: Teancum on April 03, 2008, 07:39AM
1) You're not a moderator.  At least use 'please' if you're going to Jr moderate.  Plus the guy is new, cut him some slack.
2) If you're going to bother to help, at least try to help instead of generic info.  He's not going to know where the HeroSelect thread is, and he might not know where to look for the readme.
3) There's not a walkthrough for HeroSelect other than the thread and the PDF that comes with it.

@ Curse only -- This is still really n00bish behavior man.  You went from the guy who broke the rules to one who points the finger at others.  If you're going to help by all means do so, but really help; don't just post something that's gonna confuse someone more.  Try to look at how confused you or I were when we were new.

Genuine apologies. I didn't know I wasn't being helpful. (others do scorn me sarcastically.)

I have added extra links to my post, and made myself seem in the lesser position I am.

How do I uninstall this mod? Whenever I reinstall, Hawkeye and Hulk are always in the back. I removed the XLMBCompile from Windows, deleted all the Heroselect/Mod installers, yet they still return.

Are you wanting to get rid of the mod entirely?  I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.  This mod is pretty much required to be able to have 27 characters.  Just replace who you don't want.

Quote from: Teancum on April 08, 2008, 07:26PM
Are you wanting to get rid of the mod entirely?  I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.  This mod is pretty much required to be able to have 27 characters.  Just replace who you don't want.

Yeah, all of it. I just wanted to see what the DLC characters would be like, and I appreciate that I got to play it. I will use it later though when I do mod the game. But for now, I'd rather have vanilla MUA to beat with my brothers.

It seems I have to run it in Administrator mode, otherwise it reverts back to the modded state. Got it working though. Thanks.

Very big thanks, once again, for all the makers of this mod. Great job!