Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
IMPORTANT!!!  A small hotfix has been released.  See the bottom of this post for more information.

Click on the picture to download.  MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR HEROSTAT.ENGB

Size: 53.76mb

Contains every character that appeared in any version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance:
The Next-Gen exclusives:  :colossus: Colossus and  :moonk: Moon Knight (including an exclusive fourth skin for Moon Knight)
The Xbox 360 Gold Edition Characters:  :cyclops: Cyclops,  :hawkeye: Hawkeye,  :hulk_icon: Hulk,  :nightcrawler: Nightcrawler,  :doom: Dr. Doom,  :magneto: Magneto,  :stooth: Sabretooth and  :venom: Venom
The PSP exclusives:  :blackwidow: Black Widow,  :genis: Captain Marvel and  :ronin: Ronin (Hawkeye is counted in the 360 characters)
Also includes: Heroselect, a great program that will allow you to swap out characters.  (there is a max of 27 characters in-game)
Colossus, Hawkeye, Hulk and Moon Knight come pre-installed.  Use Heroselect to swap them out if you wish

Known Bugs/Issues:
-Doom's sounds are still slightly buggy.  Some don't loop correctly, and the timing isn't perfect yet (to be fixed in the final release)
-Ronin is still missing two skins
-Doom and Ronin have no Xtreme yells (I accidentally overwrote Ronin's a long time ago, and Doom's from the trailer sounds horrid in-game)
-You must have particle settings on high to view certain effects
-Nightcrawler's first outfit doesn't match the mannequin.  Will be fixed in a small patch for those who can't fix it themselves

Updates since the last release:
-Dr. Doom and Venom now included
-Hulk now has sounds
-x_voice updates (you'll now hear menu callouts and goodbye sounds for all XML1/2 characters + the ones in this pack)
-Posed Hawkeye, Hulk and Nightcrawler mannequins
-Re-converted PSP sounds
-Black Widow update - new models, boltons, and mannequin, fightstyle
-Nightcrawler's boltons updated - he'll have swords on his back for all of his skins
-Updated herostat.cfg

Credits:
-Raven Software/Vicarious Visions: The original games (Vicarious Visions did the PSP port)
-Neversoft: For Venom's voice (from the PS1 Spider-Man game)
-THX: for the hosting of this site
-BliZZ: for heading up the mod, and doing the bulk of the conversions
-Tommyboy2002: for the Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Hulk and Ronin models + Dr Doom mannequin
-Dark_Mark: Venom and Magneto models/mannequins + Sabretooth mannequin
-Iammingy: For incredible skins, fixing of effects, new boltons and the Black Widow update
-Norrin Radd: For the additional 3 Dr Doom skins, the Original Sabretooth skin and other misc
-Winstrol: for ZSMEditor, without which we wouldn't have sounds
-Teancum: Character sounds, compiling of beta 3
-Overload: For the posed Cyclops, Hawkeye, Hulk and Nightcrawler mannequins
-Burning Rage, darkmythology: initial 360 conversion research
-Anyone else I forgot: Thanks

Installation Instructions: (thanks Iammingy)
The file you download, OfficialCharacters_beta3.exe , is a self-extractable executable that automatically extracts its content into various folders.

To install the mod correctly:

1. Back up your files!!! It will overwrite your herostat and other files!!!
2. Place OfficialCharacters_beta3.exe in ..\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance
3. Double click on OfficialCharacters_beta3.exe and click "Extract".
4. If it asks you to "confirm file replace", click "Yes to all", assuming that you have backed up your files already!!! If you haven't backed up your files, then click "No to all" and back up your files now!!!
5. Let it run for a bit.
6. After it's done extracting, the mod is ready for playing.
7. The default herostat contains Colossus, Hawkeye, Hulk and Moon Knight. You can swap in other characters with Heroselect. You can find the herostat entries of other "Official" characters in herostat.CFG from the "heroselect" folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: If you don't already have Official Characters Beta 3 installed, do that first, THEN install the hotfix

Beta 3 Hotfix (1.67mb)
-Fixes issues with Nightcrawler's bolton
-Makes Nightcrawler's first skin match the mannequin
-Updates Dr. Doom to most recent version

2. Place OfficialCharacters_beta3.exe in ..\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance
4. If it asks you to "confirm file replace", click "Yes to all"

Teancum, I guess you forgot to put the instructions. :P

Dear downloaders,

The file you download, OfficialCharacters_beta3.exe , is a self-extractable executable that automatically extracts its content into various folders.

To install the mod correctly:

1. Back up your files!!! It will overwrite your herostat and other files!!!
4. If it asks you to "confirm file replace", click "Yes to all", assuming that you have backed up your files already!!! If you haven't backed up your files, then click "No to all" and back up your files now!!!
5. Let it run for a bit.
6. After it's done extracting, the mod is ready for playing.
7. The default herostat contains Colossus, Hawkeye, Hulk and Moon Knight. You can swap in other characters with Heroselect. You can find the herostat entries of other "Official" characters in herostat.CFG from the "heroselect" folder.

If you have problems with :doom: Dr Doom :doom:, please install the mod again with these files:
http://www.box.net/shared/73vq9h1c04

Im currently downloading this and would like to show my appreciation and thanks to all the people who were involved with this mod , So yeah thanks everyone and keep up the great work  :thumbsup2:

Thanks for covering for me Iammingy.  I knew I was forgetting something.

Am i meant to decompile the herostat.cfg in the heroselect folder with xmlbcui ? Because when i do and click edit i get a empty notepad .
Thanks for the help in advance , Thanks Norrin for the help

herostat.cfg is a text file, which does not need to be decompiled. open it with a text editor

March 21, 2008, 11:10PM #6 Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:13PM by Midnight Curse
I'm currently downloading this mod right now. Thanks to all involved!

:thumbsup2:

March 21, 2008, 11:14PM #7 Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:22PM by Kamasalasi
Just wanted to ask, is there any limit to the number of herostat character entries we can have in the herostat.cfg? For example, I have the files for a number of characters that I'd like to add to be able to swap in and out, but wasn't sure if there was a limit to work inside of.

I read through the heroselect readme and didn't see anything that mentioned an upper limit, and also glanced at Norrin's thread...but I've always believed that it's best practice to ask if you don't know. (Although in hindsight, I probably could have asked in the thread for heroselect...)

There isn't a set limit (realistically, unless of course you fill it with GBs of entries), so you can add as many as you want. I haven't had it happen to me, but it may be possible that you notice if you add a large amount that it is a bit slower, because it has to go through them all.

Thanks for the heads up. I added another 20 characters with no problem so far.

Dr. Doom doesn't seem to have any powers...all he can do is punch...grab...and fly...

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on March 22, 2008, 03:20PM
Dr. Doom doesn't seem to have any powers...all he can do is punch...grab...and fly...

Where did you put Dr Doom in your herostat?

Anyone else can't play as Doomy?

March 22, 2008, 04:24PM #13 Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 04:27PM by iammingy
Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on March 22, 2008, 04:22PM
i used the heroselect...
here is my herostat:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mntzpxy1yzy

Sorry, I meant herostat.ENGB

EDIT: Your cfg file looks fine. Please decompile your herostat.ENGB

March 22, 2008, 04:34PM #14 Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 04:36PM by iammingy
Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on March 22, 2008, 04:31PM
I only added Shard and Doom as my characters...

http://www.mediafire.com/?0gmyb2sph9d

Just as what I had expected. Doom is using the defaultman's "slot" (the first entry in the herostat). Please follow the instructions I gave here in the link below and see whether it works on your side.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1484.msg28101#msg28101

Basically, what you need to do is remove Doom from your team and add him back in again (and remove any other invisible duplicates).