Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i tried that but no success...
this is what it looks like when i try to look at his powers...

they don't even show-up when i push the button on the controller to choose which power to use...

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on March 22, 2008, 05:13PM
they don't even show-up when i push the button on the controller to choose which power to use...

How about Shard? I know Shard works 100% for sure.

If Shard doesn't work for you, then there is something that you have done wrong. Try a herostat with 27 characters and see what happens.

shard works fine...i have tried it with all the characters loaded...and they all work perfectly except for DOOM...

March 22, 2008, 06:44PM #20 Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:14PM by iammingy
Stupid DOOM... let me compare my files with the mod again.

EDIT:
I don't know what's going on....@_@ I didn't really have time to look over the stuff before the Friday release because I had midterms. This is what I have on my computer:

http://www.box.net/shared/73vq9h1c04

EDIT: Hmm... the powerstyle in Beta v3 is from 2007, which is older than mine!?! @_@

Quote from: Norrin Radd on March 21, 2008, 11:32PM
There isn't a set limit (realistically, unless of course you fill it with GBs of entries), so you can add as many as you want. I haven't had it happen to me, but it may be possible that you notice if you add a large amount that it is a bit slower, because it has to go through them all.
For what it is worth - my herostat.cfg is currently at almost 90 characters (having added any and all chars from here that aren't pre-alpha + 5 that are kind of my own) and I do not experience any problems or notable slowdowns so far.

heroselect aint working. can someone post the herostat entries for nc and cyc
thanks
p.s. marvel is defaultman. his other skins canot be selcted. why?

Hmm, I guess I'll put the updated Doom powerstyle in a little patch along with the Nightcrawler fix.  I was sure I put the right one in there, I guess not.

Quote from: muafan on March 23, 2008, 12:20PM
heroselect aint working. can someone post the herostat entries for nc and cyc
thanks

Please read:

Quote from: iammingy on March 21, 2008, 02:09PM
You can find the herostat entries of other "Official" characters in herostat.CFG from the "heroselect" folder.
Quote from: Norrin Radd on March 21, 2008, 05:59PM
herostat.cfg is a text file, which does not need to be decompiled. open it with a text editor

Examples of text editor: Notepad, Wordpad, Emacs

Quote from: muafan on March 23, 2008, 12:20PM
p.s. marvel is defaultman. his other skins canot be selcted. why?

Captain Marvel? Did you unlock all the costumes of all characters in your previous games?

Quote from: iammingy on March 23, 2008, 12:31PM
Please read:

Examples of text editor: Notepad, Wordpad, Emacs

no it isnt there
list of files in the heroselect folder:
Characterselect
herolist.hero
herolist
HeroSelect
HeroSelect_Readme
herostat
passvalues

Quote from: iammingy on March 23, 2008, 12:31PM

Captain Marvel? Did you unlock all the costumes of all characters in your previous games?
yes. i used the all costumes cheat. anyway when i said "his other skins canot be selcted" i meant tht if u click on the other skins the game crashes like they are not installed but i know they are because hawkeye works fine.

Quote from: muafan on March 23, 2008, 01:29PM
no it isnt there
list of files in the heroselect folder:
Characterselect
herolist.hero
herolist
HeroSelect
HeroSelect_Readme
herostat
passvalues

-_-"||
"herostat" is the one. Double click on it.

yes. i used the all costumes cheat. anyway when i said "his other skins canot be selcted" i meant tht if u click on the other skins the game crashes like they are not installed but i know they are because hawkeye works fine.

They are in the mod.
17301,17302,17303,17304 in the actors folder.

I've had no problems with any of the characters in this release of the Official Characters.

Dr. Doom was one of the first ones I tested out.

Heroselect is also working just fine. You have to pay very, very special attention to the instructions given on installing it. If you do not follow them then it will not work, even if it appears the program is running fine.